Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:39 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum » Mapping Forum
Old popular maps, where are they?
Moderators: Groentjuh's map administrators
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 3 [38 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
WinterFresh
Newbie poster

We've played 2 days ago ts_farwest on EvO's server. I called a msg vote after like 45 minutes and it sounded like this: "Are you enjoying the game?". The vote passed surprisingly fast and I have to admit that I tremendously enjoyed that map. Ironically, ts_farwest is a map made by Cola(fr). Most people used to think that Cola's maps are gay. If that is true then 90% of the newerth community is gay.

With this being said, I support the usage of ALL MAPS. Initial, omega2, farwest, ts_mini...I don't care.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:15 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Feathers
Newbie poster

remake ts_farwest so you can't exploit and add it please

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:16 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Mischoko
Newbie poster

@ lololo:First of all .. Our opinions are totally different.. and U did not rly get my point.

That 6th rule is against camping.. Camping is not allowed because its lame and 1st degree unfairness.. And If this rule would be deleted.. It would be just huge nab_arena with campers around playing ts_mini2 and insulting each other like "hey u camper.. no u are camper.. no u..!"
Your opinion about camp is totally wrong man.. You just cant let ppl do what they want... Did you ever try to play at HCS? Did YOU? If no.. you should check it.

Another thing.. quality of game = not noob maps like omega.. (no man its not "dead_meat" (wtf? meat? o_O) Its just one big fail. If t1 comm will get shield.. Its like 2+hours map.

And no we dont need to decrease numbers of maps.. we just dont need to fill up server with stupid fail maps. Thats all..

PS: I dont mind.. tbh add what you want.. but dont be surprised with the result Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:06 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
lololol
Newbie poster

Did ever try to play normal server (not HCS) without camping rule? Did YOU? Smile and it was a "huge nab_arena with campers around playing" ?NO

HCS server have other problem, not campers:
everyone officer- no variation officer/not officer,
1 monkey=15000 gold -no variation, everybody reach,
more experience- no variations, everybody same 9 lvl
more items ,weapons, speed... all this increasing DECREASE of possibilities, variations, choices ... game become poor.

I understand your point : if map is overplayed - we need to delete map. WRONG point.
WRIGHT point is : we need to add more "overplayed" maps,so players will be able to choice other map, and "overplayed maps" become "less overplayed".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:26 pm
WinterFresh
Newbie poster

I pretty much agree with lololol (goddamn I hate your name Razz) here. The bigger the number of maps there are the better the chance of not overplaying some other maps.

I have also played in both HCS and US where siege camping is allowed except on bottleneck positions. I have noticed a very big difference between US and EU servers...a difference that I kinda like. In the US server people cry much less than your average European Savage player about camping. They hardly even say something about it. They don't seem to be very bothered by the fact that they might have a surprise death. Just sayin'.

Also, I do believe that rules should not be cast in stone. If improvements are available to the current rules why should we hesitate to use them or at least discuss about them?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:14 pm
lololol
Newbie poster

WinterFresh wrote:
goddamn I hate your name Razz)

it is special name, everybody should remember, hate, fear and respect this name Razz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:11 am
Mischoko
Newbie poster

I give up.. Seems like you just dont even bother to read my posts Very Happy I said: And no we dont need to decrease numbers of maps.. we just dont need to fill up server with stupid fail maps. Thats all..

you said: I understand your point : if map is overplayed - we need to delete map. WRONG point.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:43 am
lololol
Newbie poster

ok, sorry, it is not you point, it is just "wrong point" :p

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:02 pm
DarknesS
Newbie poster

WinterFresh wrote:
If that is true then 90% of the newerth community is gay.

In the US server people cry much less than your average European Savage player about camping.

1. Gay is probably the wrong word, but more than 50% of the community are immature, stupid, or both.

2. If your server has only 14 players (US) camping is a minor issue. But if you have like 7 siege campers on every team then camping can be an issue. Doh.

As for the topic: The majority of people has no idea what a good map is. Just give them enough monkits at spawnpoint and possibilities to camp and they'll play every crap map.

When players stop to stack, bail, exploit/cheat and do random kick votes ... then putting every map online would make sense.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:45 pm
WinterFresh
Newbie poster

[quote="DarknesS"]
WinterFresh wrote:

2. If your server has only 14 players (US) camping is a minor issue. But if you have like 7 siege campers on every team then camping can be an issue. Doh.

Where have I specified the number of people playing in the US server? I have played many times there when the server was almost full.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 pm
DarknesS
Newbie poster

EU players cry on siege camp -> Siege camp rule. That's it.

US Rule:
•Siege Camping is up to refs to decide on what action should be taken. It is not directly prohibited.

So basically siege camping depends on which ref(s) are online. Might work, but might fail at times and if a ref is playing and decides that players are camping too much everyone will just cry that he just can't handle siege...

The Rules are not perfect, but for the most part they work.
Also maps like omega2, ts_farwest, etc were killing the server. You always had a bunch of statswhores/noobs that votes such a map and it got played 2 or 3 times in a row which made people just leave the game after the 2nd round. There were times when omega2 got voted in 4 times in a row which made most good comms / team players leave.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:32 am
WinterFresh
Newbie poster

The US refs always said that siege camping is not allowed only on bottlenecks (only one way from spawn point). Show a link to the leet us server rules, please.

Also, when on the EvO server few days ago we played ts_farwest, the server was almost full. That's not killing the server, that's quite the opposite. Also, my "are you enjoying the map" vote got passed very quickly with 2 votes of no only. If you want to simply ignore the simple fact that this map was so enjoyable by at least 40 people there, then it's your problem not the people's.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:42 am
DarknesS
Newbie poster

Quote is directly from US Server rules:
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,10894.0.html

Before some the maps were removed there was a topic if anyone wanted to keep them:
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,5136.0.html

About removed maps (not really important):
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,1102.0.html

Thread about giving ts_farwest a hoilday:
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,4934.0.html

So to sum it up:
No one spoke up against removing maps. Instead the following players actually said they were happy about it: Voldo, Scrapo, Shagroth, UnderG, cutter, happyera,

Also retarded maps killing the server is a long term effect. ts_farwest / ... etc are prone to cause pointless 2 hour long whoring games. Back when it was removed pretty much no one disagreed, if you want to simply ignore the simple fact that this map was removed for good reasons, then it's your problem not the people's.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:04 pm
lololol
Newbie poster

allmost all maps from my list is present at EvO server, even puchi3t...(except minix) so Shipish and Scrapo and other "cool" boys agree with me and they keep this maps at server.

I do not like to play not successful maps and noone does.. It is simple evolution: map popular- peoples play it; map not popular- noone even remember it.

DarknesS wrote:
The majority of people has no idea what a good map is.

95% The peoples at g&g server has more then 6 month experience ... believe me, they know that they want to play.
after "omo_sep deleting post" i start to think, what rare people know what a good map is.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:17 pm
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
lololol wrote:
puchi3t
[....]
so Shipish and Scrapo and other "cool" boys agree with me and they keep this maps at server.

http://www.newerth.com/?id=maps&mid=7
Maps database wrote:
Map Status: deleted
Reason: [not specified - ask if you want to know]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:45 am
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Page 2 of 3 [38 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum » Mapping Forum
Jump to: