Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Sat May 18, 2024 8:22 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Referee complaint
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [21 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Gridfon
Newbie poster

Referee complaint
Too much ignorance and insolence

Beasts have full tech and 4266 redstone when the beast comm starts destroying the tech and wastes all the stone on charm shrines around the lair with words "NOW WHINE". Not only Diwo and FiveStar refrain from kicking the comm, but Diwo also stops two of the kick votes against this comm. Stopping a vote is clearly a ref abuse.

Not ref-kicking the comm and the later excuses is the usual unwillingness to take any offensive responsibility by refs. Ok, that will never change. However when this happens one would expect a reasonable explanation from a ref, not something which sounds like "come on stop crying".

If you watch the demo, you will see that there was pretty much no "whining" in T2 team chat. So that you're not misguided.

I am amused how much effort is being put to protect people who are obviously trying to get kicked themselves. I am also amused to see a ref trying to elect this comm into a comm seat in one of the following games.

Screenshots: one and two. Demo is here.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:03 am
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Rex
Newbie poster

GG refs, Gridfon u will prolly get a cheap answer and it won't change anything!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:08 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Dervun
Newbie poster

Looks like this comm should have been kicked..

Rex get lost.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:34 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Skuggi
Newbie poster

Thanks for letting us know. From what I've read in your thread and the message, it seems you're quite right, the beast commander should've been kicked right away. Before I comment further I'd like to hear from Diwo though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:50 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
valli
Newbie poster

I was there as well at that time, was a pity that the refs didn't do anything. They were both active on newerth TS at that time, so I hope the excuse with "I was afk" won't come up Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:01 pm
FiveStar
Newbie poster

wasn't the game over anyways?

like none of the other players rly complained - commanding is frustrating and # seemed 2 had a bad day.

I am deeply sorry I haven't followed the exact rules how they r written down on this forum. If we would follow em strict we would slay/kick 2 much 4 sure.

Did any1 besides Gridfon complain about the game? Wasn't rly much whining about what he done anyways. Game was over at that point I think. Ofc it's not fair 4 the other team members buit oh well in the end it's game and we all rage from time 2 time.

we should just gg & /callvote nextmap
but I am open for any further critics.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:58 am
FiveStar
Newbie poster

Diff. question @ skuggi and groen:

Shall we rather follow strict rules or make use of common sense and try 2 make the game enjoyable 4 the majority?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:06 am
Gridfon
Newbie poster

FiveStar wrote:
wasn't the game over anyways?

like none of the other players rly complained - commanding is frustrating and # seemed 2 had a bad day.

Did any1 besides Gridfon complain about the game? Wasn't rly much whining about what he done anyways. Game was over at that point I think. Ofc it's not fair 4 the other team members buit oh well in the end it's game and we all rage from time 2 time.

If you had checked the first screenshot, you would have seen lots of vocal players: LaMBaDA called a kick vote, I called a kick vote, Elf called a kick vote, and valli went to specs saying "|xi you are the referee". Those are 4 out of 8 field players, that's at the very least 50% of the team. And that's not counting "mae"-s concede vote which can't be seen on screenshot.

The game was not over before the comm started to delete tech and waste stone. We had full tech and more than 4k stone. We had no sub on our hill but it was not garred either. It was hard to notice and stop the comm timely, but that's not an excuse for not kicking him, and especially for stopping the kick votes.

The strict rules vs enjoyability can be discussed but this is completely different case. The comm intentionally ruins the game for the whole server. First you ignore him (not ref kicking), then you defend him (stopping kick votes), then you pat him on the head asking not to do it again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:11 am
FiveStar
Newbie poster

Allright if it was like that I am sorry as I said.

It's hard as ref, especially when you are playing, to keep an objective pov.

And I dont ignore ppl on purpose expect for Azura.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:35 am
Diwo
Newbie poster

the game was over and i stoped the vote becouse it was his first time taht he acted like that. I warned him (u can see in screen). i only do this that the server dont kill in late night. kick wont have helped in this situation.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:43 am
djargon
Newbie poster

letting pass also don't help for other players diwo.
doesn't care what time it is. if he gets away with it, other players also gone remind you about this and then it's not concequent.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:55 pm
valli
Newbie poster

I can't follow either 5*'s nor Diwo's explanation/ excuse/ whatever ... if you both are not willing/ capable to follow the rules, then please leave the refing be.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:42 pm
Moxy
Newbie poster

i have to agree, he killed tech to end the game, thast kick in my opinion, fivestars attitude of ah well they were losing anyway so no harm done is just not right, ive seen plenty of teams hold on to a draw purley with stata and arcarna before, killing tech shouldnt be done in any circumstances. he should of been kicked.

Diwo attitude is a little different, and whilst i can somewhat see the argument of first offender, the fact that the offence was so sever as killing tech to end the game and spoil other peoples enjoyment, he should of been kicked. as some people have said on here, if people see that u can get away from it, and also have a ref back them up. then sry thats shouldnt happen.

A ref should never back someone of breaking the server rules, espicialy as sevre as killing tech to end the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:12 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Skuggi
Newbie poster

I have to agree with what the other referees are saying. I understand that you're hesitant to kick right away without seeing him destroy buildings yourselves. However, you should at least have impeached right away to stop him from doing more damage - then confirm that he was actually destroying buildings and kick. It's one of those things that ruins the game for everyone on the server (including the winning team) and deserves a kick.

Fivestar, to answer your question, of course we want our referees to have common sense and to be able to make the game fair and enjoyable for everyone, even if that means 'bending' a few rules. This, however, seems to be a clear violation of an important rule and that calls for action.

Finally, to Gridfon and anyone else playing on the server at that time, my apologies for this incident.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:02 pm
Rene
Newbie poster

valli wrote:
if you both are not willing/ capable to follow the rules, then please leave the refing be.

I got a better proposal, if you think if you are willing/capable to follow the rules, then please become a referee. Incase you're not willing/capable to follow the rules and become a referee, well then just stop making strict judgements like this. If my memory serves right, you also make mistakes as a referee/admin on your servers. Like that moment you kicked me out of my own practice. I am not complaining about anything nor ranting over that incident. But at that incident I showed you that little understanding, which you can not at this moment. And this just drives me off.

And back to the thread, the things i see appropriate here are only Gridfon's well made complaint and other referees' apologies. Which only skuggi/groentjuh will decide on, therefore i find it rather useless, to make the judgements instead them.

About rex's comment, well said dervun.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:07 am
Page 1 of 2 [21 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Jump to: