Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:54 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum » Feedback, Complains and Suggestion
Ref Abuse - Zodon - 19.06.13
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [19 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Ednib
Newbie poster

Ref Abuse - Zodon - 19.06.13

You can see the date. Happened at 18:00 English time. Zodon has brought it upon himself to mute any player stating the word "Fag" or "Faggot". For example, I called Azura a "Fag" (In a joking way, which Azura even laughs at and doesn't mind - read server chat log) and I get muted.

It's not used in an offensive or derogatory way, and in no way upset or harmed anyone.

I ask that this is addressed and looked into. Misch & Azura were spectating and saw this, along with about 60 other players.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:18 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Asura
Newbie poster

well il dont add much from myself since its not included me but all i can say if you have ref who come to server just to randomly mute 10 ppl in 10 min and just go .... well he muted ppl just because he says THEY SPEAK all the time offensive lol ? ppl just jokes around and he throws mute... reacting real life in game never ends well because thats what he sounded

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:22 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Mischoko
Newbie poster

Yep.. is that like a new fashion to ban words by individual refs? Like should I expect each ref to come up with few words that they find disrespectful and they mute anyone using it? I could think of 80 other insults that are far more offensive than just "fag" which is not even a proper grammatical term as far as i know. Well just to mention I got muted yesterday as well, while being msged to change name from "fuckoff zodon" otherwise I get kicked. The Zodon rule became "officialy online" all of the sudden yesterdays evening.

PS: no matter in what (insultive or not) way the word is used you can't just ban a damn word without any reason. It's not rasistic.. it's just another random insult. Therefor I demand democracy and freedom of speech.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:26 pm
Zodon
Newbie poster

I explain to you about this word for a few days now.
I told you few players came to me saying this word is very offensive.
I told you that using this word is offensive and disrespectful and asked you to stop using it nicely, you have many other non-offensive words to use if you want to trash talk someone who killed you.
Insted of acting mature about it, you decided to act like litle boys, and used this word on purpse, therfor disrespecting me and the community, so i decided to mute you, and i have removed the mute after 2 minutes.

About today, i muted only 3 guy who used this word on purpse, after i have warned them about it.
And misch, your name was far worse than fuckoff zodon, so i asked you to change it to somthing respectfull if you want me to remove your mute(somthing i dont have to do).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:43 pm
Asura
Newbie poster

zodon thats the biggest bs i ever heard.. you muted 2 ppl without icon 1 guy with a french clan and 3D and misch and 1 other guy remember icon... + misch and 3D was in spec and just joke... + 3D said it in joke while i ofc loled like always does... why cant you admit you simply came to server to react randomly got paranoy muted random ppl and dc because thats what you actually did...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:52 pm
Zodon
Newbie poster

Asura wrote:
zodon thats the biggest bs i ever heard.. you muted 2 ppl without icon 1 guy with a french clan and 3D and misch and 1 other guy remember icon... + misch and 3D was in spec and just joke... + 3D said it in joke while i ofc loled like always does... why cant you admit you simply came to server to react randomly got paranoy muted random ppl and dc because thats what you actually did...

I muted you, misch, and 1 guy called spiri somthing.
But i remvoed the mute after 2-3 minutes.
And it doesnt matter if you did it as a joke or not, want to laugh about it? do it in pm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:55 pm
Last edited by Zodon on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Asura
Newbie poster

WHAT? you didint muted me... lol wtf?? you know who you answer now?? this guy is definitly drunk... no comment no need to respond ...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:56 pm
Mischoko
Newbie poster

yes my name was exactly "zodon is a fag fuckoff now" and not a single shit was given that day. You have to relize unless it's in rules officialy you are not allowed to do this kind of abuse. You are acting like a bossy world-saver but theres not a single player that would say you are useful ref. I don't care that its disrespectful. I'm disrespectful to you on purpose because you are totally wrong about this. I never really liked your manners and your "spiritual change" after you became ref, but I tolerated you but you cant force respect out of someone after you act like that.

No matter what you say.. it may be true it may not. I don't care ... all I'm saying is that you have no right to ban a random word. thats it

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:59 pm
Ednib
Newbie poster

In my opinion, you shouldn't have muted. If you've had these complaints from players, either direct them to the forum or speak with Skuggi & Groentjuh. It is not your responsibility to enforce new rules, you just follow what you have.

Either follow what is set for you, or don't have ref. It's quite simple.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:01 pm
Zodon
Newbie poster

As i said before, a few players came to me and said they find this word offensive, and i decided to act by the 1st rule "Dont insult other players".
And yes misch, Derv was the guy who muted you that day, not me, becouse you were offensive and desrespctful toward me, as a player and not only a ref.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:08 pm
Ednib
Newbie poster

I can't help if players become indirectly offended. That's society Zodon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:10 pm
Mischoko
Newbie poster

No dude you muted me then i changed name said gtfo and left. Amy was online at other pc and she shouted at me over 2 rooms that you are saying bullshit about me. So i came at her pc and told you to fuckoff... then dervun muted Amy's account.

That's how it was.. dude you got serious memory issues.... ever heard of alzeimers?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:20 pm
Dervun
Newbie poster

Yesterday we made a wrong decision, which was to not kick Misch. I think that sums it up.

In general, what is it you are going to miss if you aren't supposed to use the word fag? The word has a derogatory meaning towards a group of people, a group which still doesn't have full human rights. By using it for fun you can actually hurt someone.
Did any of you wonder yet why Zodon got contacted in private?

This basically falls under the category of insults, even if the insult is not directed to the person that gets offended.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:22 pm
Mischoko
Newbie poster

Yeah so lets ban other words aswell that actually refer to some group of ppl like whores bitches and i'm sure idiots are group as well. What about retards? Yeah and word gay and homo words should be banned too!

Its the internet man... you cant just ban a word... thats bullshit. Wait isnt bullshit offensive towards bulls?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:49 pm
Moxy
Newbie poster

swearing and using deogrative words is agaisnt server rules, when using ythe word gay in a degorative way then zodon is totaly in his right to mute.

when people spam the word gay to get a reaction out of a ref, why act surprised when he reacts? Razz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:31 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 [19 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum » Feedback, Complains and Suggestion
Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum