Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:59 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
INFO: Official Server Rules!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Sheepish
Newbie poster

---JaMeS--- wrote:
I think it's too difficult to punish a commander for breaking this rule. The only way I can see that people will stop resigning is if they know they'll get impeached/kicked for doing it, but kicking/impeaching will cause so much flaming until people get used to it. It would just wreck the game for the rest of the team. slaying the spawned comm probably wouldn't happen in time for any effect.

its not that difficult.all you do is "ref setcmdr" and warn the commander not to spawn, let him know he will only be warned 3 times before a impeach/kick. after the first time he should get the idea. i personally found the no spawn rule one of the easiest to manage. even easier if im sitting spec cos i have the scoreboard open alot of the time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:10 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
lololol
Newbie poster

Sheepish wrote:
well its killed the server for me ...

Rolling Eyes

probably you like "punishing" just because you like it. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:45 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Skuggi
Newbie poster

Re: INFO: Official Server Rules!
for Newerth.com Groentjuh's & Girls'

Rules changed - Date: 24.06.2011

In light of recent discussions we've decided to make some changes to Rule 2. We feel that many of the incidents the rules cover are already considered unfair and "illegal" by a large part of the community. The rule now reads (with the changes highlighted):

Rule 2 wrote:
2. Players are not allowed to exploit the map or the terrain.
- This includes:
* Shooting over hills with catapults, or weapons with similar characteristics, if the map design does not allow it.
* Staying on top of a building to attack it or to gain unfair advantage by doing so. This can only be excepted if the roof of the specific building is directly and easily accessible, regardless of player race.
* Avoiding map limitations using glitches, e.g. getting over grimm's wall.
* Abusing the terrain to get to places other players can’t get to.
* Utilizing damage blow-back (i.e. being hit by a behemoth) to reach otherwise unreachable areas. In case a player finds himself in such a spot he is to take the most direct route the same way back.

To clarify the first change about staying on top of buildings. Note the staying part.
- With this change, it's no longer allowed to walk across many buildings unless they're all directly accessible from the field. Example: Jumping on to a Sublair and walking from there into an arcana to attack it inside the prop. Not allowed.
- It is no longer allowed to stay on top of a building if you get up there after being hit by a behemoth.
- Again, this does not forbid players from walking on buildings or anything like that (e.g. to sac), it's just the staying on them and attacking.
- Technically it's allowed to stand on a building that's just accessible from only one side.

The second change is pretty self explanatory. If you get to the top of the map you're supposed to walk the same way back down.

---

We're going to try this out for a while and see how it works out. If there's much negative feedback we might revert to the old rule.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:44 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Skuggi
Newbie poster

Re: INFO: Official Server Rules!
for Newerth.com Groentjuh's & Girls'

Rules changed - Date: 6.12.2011

Newerth.com Groentjuh's & Girls' server rules wrote:
12. Commanders are not allowed to place buildings on top of players.

We've added another rule. This is mostly for clarification as we feel it's generally accepted that building on top of players is unfair and shouldn't be allowed, not on a public server anyway. We rarely see this happen lately but again, we felt it should be written down in the rules to avoid any doubt.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:29 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Brad Troika
Newbie poster

6. Players are not allowed to camp at spawn locations with siege units.
[..]
- Excessively spawning as the behemoth unit, solely for defensive purposes, will be considered camping.

Why is it allowed once? As I see it spawning behe for defensive purposes is an exploit that is unbeatable by humans if the behe is right next to the spawn point. I can see problems enforcing the rule without the word "excessive" but in some cases where the spawn point is not an attacking one (not the closest sub to sh/garr) it's pretty obvious that the player is exploiting.

7. Players are not allowed to switch teams after the game has started.
- This can be excepted if either team is heavily outnumbered.

With this one if I understand it well the point is to defend a losing team from losing even more players and to deny players a free, undeserved win. If this isn't the point of the rule please explain to me what is then, and disregard my next sentence. I've seen this rule enforced on situations where the above criteria wasn't met (midgame or even early game) which I feel pointless but as per rule was "legal".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:23 pm
Moxy
Newbie poster

7. thats the point of the rule

6. because its part of the game, because u cant expect a behe to walk past a lego or savage killing sub without defending it, and u cant say that behes arent allowed to spawn at a sub that ius under attack, thats just dumb.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:37 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Brad Troika
Newbie poster

Why can't you exactly? Personally if I spawn at a sub/garr with siege and realize that it's under attack I reenter it and choose an appropriate unit. And even if I'm the overzealous one then you could still punish the ones with the non-attacking subs without second guessing their intention.
It's as much part of the game as an exploit sub, it's easily doable and gives an unfair advantage.
Tbh honest I'm probably getting too emotional about this but for me the worst part of being a player who mostly plays human is sac rush and behespawning. At sac rush t1 at least has a chance if comm didn't fuck up and is defendable with skill and teamwork. but against behespawning the only thing that can help you is luck and that is extremely frustrating. And this is why I don't understand the leniency in this particular rule when in my view it is a game killing experience.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:03 pm
_K_
Newbie poster

New Rule from Jazzking !

You cant climb on your tower for repair it, i got 3 kicks for that and 1 slay , so where is that rule ?

If isn't allowed remove at svcmd set p_shimmyBuilding 0 and also set p_shimmyTerrain 0

and no excuses for that!

I dont see rule about climb for repair gg !!

So ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:47 pm
drk
Newbie poster

_K_ wrote:
New Rule from Jazzking !

You cant climb on your tower for repair it, i got 3 kicks for that and 1 slay , so where is that rule ?

If isn't allowed remove at svcmd set p_shimmyBuilding 0 and also set p_shimmyTerrain 0

and no excuses for that!

I dont see rule about climb for repair gg !!

So ?

Read server rules:
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,11344.0.html
Quote:
2. Players are not allowed to exploit the map or the terrain
- This includes:
* Staying on top of a building to attack it or to gain unfair advantage by doing so. This can only be excepted if the roof of the specific building is directly and easily accessible, regardless of player race.

You can climb to repair your tower, but you can't stay on the top of that tower (only IF it is not easily accessible by the other race).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:51 am
_K_
Newbie poster

You are distorting the rules !

Staying on top of the building to attack it is one thing i dont atack nothing just repair!

since when the shield is accessible to the team b?

And they can climb too if have heals.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:02 pm
_K_
Newbie poster

Pls put a specific one rule

RULE Nº 17 YOU CANT CLIMB FOR REPAIR SHIELD

ITS EASY AND NO ONE WILL CRY !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:05 pm
_K_
Newbie poster

If you dont put it i will repair all shields as i can!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:06 pm
drk
Newbie poster

_K_ wrote:
You are distorting the rules !

How?
_K_ wrote:

Staying on top of the building to attack it is one thing i dont atack nothing just repair!

'Staying on top' to attack or repair it is the same. You can do it only if its not EASILY (read as 'fast + without any heals') for a t2.
_K_ wrote:

Pls put a specific one rule

RULE Nº 17 YOU CANT CLIMB FOR REPAIR SHIELD

ITS EASY AND NO ONE WILL CRY !

We don't need such rule since you can't understand simple rules that we already have.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:37 pm
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
Let me try to clear it up:

Quote:
2. Players are not allowed to exploit the map or the terrain
- This includes:
Staying on top of a building to attack it or to gain unfair advantage by doing so.

So, what does that say:
You may stand on a building for as long as you like.
While you stand on that building you may do NOTHING that benefits your team in an unfair way.

Repairing a building from on-top of that building does benefit your team, because repairing prevent that it gets destroyed. It is also pretty unfair, because you are way harder to reach compared to when you are repairing from the building's side. You're also able to repair buildings that are sometimes completely build between other buildings. It is shitty that it is build there, but a good commander would have build his base in such a manner that it can be repaired when needed.

I'm not sure you were doing before you were kicked... Maybe you could tell/show us(demo ftw!) that. Then we might be able to see if jazzking does what is expected of him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:53 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Tasty
Newbie poster

hey guys, i was thinking about behespawning to protect subs,
and in my opinion it shouldnt be allowed, if a behe spawns, you just can reloc as human, its completly unfair.
And the rule is kinda "youre allowed to spawn sometimes as behe" WTF!?
if a team has 30 Player and every Player can spawn 3 times. Humans can do a fucking shit.

pls think about that words and maybe change the rule.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:14 pm
Page 2 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Jump to: