Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:48 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
INFO: Official Server Rules!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 3 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
Tasty wrote:
hey guys, i was thinking about behespawning to protect subs,
and in my opinion it shouldnt be allowed, if a behe spawns, you just can reloc as human, its completly unfair.
And the rule is kinda "youre allowed to spawn sometimes as behe" WTF!?
if a team has 30 Player and every Player can spawn 3 times. Humans can do a fucking shit.

pls think about that words and maybe change the rule.

Try making a rule that would prevent behe-spawning at sub, without making all kinds of legal situations illegal an that can also be enforced by referee's. Referee's can't read minds, so they do not know for sure when a behemoth spawn to purely scare away 1 demo-runner or just happen to want to attack from that sub with a behemoth.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:46 am
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Tasty
Newbie poster

i know but what about that: if the spawns for the runner (kill or attack him) he get warned and next time slayed. the rule the have at the moment say that its kinda allowed.

Player dont respect that rule, do it like 3 or 4 times because most referees just say omething after 3 or 4 times.
They kinda use the "Lazyness" to do it

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:52 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Groentjuh
Site Admin

That doesn't prevent your "what if there are 30 players in a team argument". There's with these rules still 60 spawns left and doubt any referee will keep up with which player already has a warning.

Other then that, you're not clearly defining when a behe should get warned and slain. What do you mean "if the spawn for the runner?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:03 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
SAS
Newbie poster

there's a big discussion about the whole siege camping rule in the forum, under my name, (Ale opened it) , u r welcome to join and give your opinion about everything.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:16 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Tasty
Newbie poster

i just saw more then often that referees didnt react to the guys who spawned behe for protecton, not even a warning. And there was a time there refs wasnt rly active, but it changed.

The point is lots of player dont respect that rule cuz didnt get punished or something for that, some days ago a guy spawn behe for a demorunner, he killed him and his demo. As i warned him, he just said "fuck you its allowed" (and hes fucking right).
humans have 0 chance to do anything with that rule.

If you can clearly say he spawned for protection of a sublair or flag,
you should be warned and next time slayed (in opinion not even warne, cause they know or have to know the rules)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:41 pm
Tasty
Newbie poster

sure lets join the SAS thread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:46 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Just on this rule #2

Couldn't this be worded better as "shooting over" (the action) implies you are carrying out the action, which means the map design DOES allow it.
This rule also needs definition of a hill, illegal and nah.

1: Traverse v. tra·versed, tra·vers·ing, tra·vers·es. v.tr. 1. a. To travel or pass across, over, or through: If not traversable does that make the hill/wall/mountain illegal to shoot over?
2: Is the hill/mountain made with terrain or props?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:08 am
JmZ
Newbie poster

Referees may not use an alternative name unless at least one of the following is true:
- When asked, they reveal who they are
- They do not use their ref powers under the alternate name
- It is already clear who they are

Add this please.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:48 pm
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Your rule is confusing.
Referees may not use an alternative nickname unless when asked they reveal who they are.
So when I reveal my real nickname I may not use an alternative name? Besides that, if someone were to be kicked by an referee using an alternative name, that kicked player cannot ask that referee his real nickname. How would that work?

Referees may not use an alternative nickname unless they do not use their ref powers under the alternative nickname.
Not unless not... It's not easy to read/understand. I believe you want to say: Referees may use an alternative nickname when they do not use their referee powers.

Referees may not use an alternative nickname unless it is already clear who they are.
This can do nothing more than cause discussions. It might be clear to one player who a referee is, but others may not have the same knowledge to know who a certain referee is.

Can't that rule be simplified to: "Referees must use their real nickname."?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:37 pm
ICQ Number 
JmZ
Newbie poster

My rule is not confusing.

Try not to refactor a list into not-a-list, as you've quickly discovered, it does not work.

1. If you reveal your name, very clearly you can keep that name (you may not use another name unless when asked, you reveal who you are, simple.)
2. Again removing a list item from a list
3. Yes it will cause discussions. It adds flexibility to an otherwise incredibly strict rule. Don't trust your refs to interpret that fairly?

I'm happy for it to be changed as refs and players see fit.

As for the last bit I didn't notice, no of course not. Sometimes a ref may want chance to play without being bothered, I tolerate that. If you insist on simplification, it should be, "players logged in as referee should use their real nickname or reveal who they are when asked".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:04 pm
Groentjuh
Site Admin

JmZ wrote:

Try not to refactor a list into not-a-list, as you've quickly discovered, it does not work.

Referees may not use an alternative name unless at least one of the following is true
It should be possible to replace the "at least one of the following is true" with any of the items in the list. It did that to test if all of the items in the list made sense. This refactor is only part of a validation process I do with new rules.

Rules should be as simple as possible. I believe I can adjust rule 22 to:
Referees must use their real nickname or reveal their real nickname when asked to. Referees may be kicked from the server by other referees if they do not reveal their real nickname when asked to.
This basically covers your addition.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:23 pm
ICQ Number 
JmZ
Newbie poster

Players logged in as referee
vs
Referees

If a ref is using another name but isn't logged in as ref, as far as im concerned they can play without revealing. Sometimes they want to so they can play uninterrupted for a while.

You definitely don't need to specify being kicked by other refs. It adds a lot of negativity to that rule, and is fairly obvious/common sense.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:35 pm
Page 3 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Jump to: