Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:03 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
Feathers
April 19 1994 (30 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Latency Issue Report
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
jazzking
Newbie poster

Latency Issue Report

I want to report a problem I've been having for last 3 days.

When I ping eu.newerth.com, I always get 81ms.

When it's the evening in London and the server is super populated, I get 140ms in-game (despite 81ms command line ping.)
Off hours in London, when server is empty, I get 100ms in-game. I am always getting 200+ fps so that is not the problem.

I don't understand why game ping changes with time but the icmp ping doesn't. The ping gradually goes back down to normal as server goes down from 60 people to 25 to 0. I don't know if the problems are with London network area or just the server itself. The problem doesn't affect Groentjuh and Girl's or any other server, although those have been empty.

This problem is recent. Some others seem to be having similar issues, but most people connecting from EU are not seeing any difference. I'm posting this in case you've seen this before, but maybe I just need to wait for some cable in London to get back online Sad .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:42 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Moxy
Newbie poster

when you are having latency issues open up the command prompt in windows and type "traceroute eu.newerth.com"

that will show you where you are having the latency issues. it might not be anything to so with the server but a connection between the UK and where you live.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:44 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
jazzking
Newbie poster

Thank you Moxy, excellent suggestion.

What is strange about this (and why I posted report here) is that the problem was only in-game and not with ping or traceroute commands.

The problem might be fixed by itself though, I haven't played in the last few days. If it persists I will start requesting cws on german server Sad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:46 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
jazzking
Newbie poster

Issue seems to be completely resolved.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:40 pm
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Jump to: