Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:27 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
Feathers
April 19 1994 (30 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Telvek's Application
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
Telvek
Newbie poster

Telvek's Application
as Referee on Groentjuh's Kingdom

Hello Everybody,
according to many exploits, insults and abuses on Groentjuh's in the latest days, I'm going to applicate as ref.
I guess you all know, my name is Telvek, I'm playing savage for 3 years.
Currently I'm in TeoN, so I am looking forward joining eoN.
In the last months, the Amount of exploits and insults has improved and unfortunately, a Callvote does not work every time. Confused
(I already made some Demo's and Screenshots to proof'em)
Furthermore, I don't see often a Referee on the server, either there are not enough or they are inactive.
I would describe myself as active, fair and polite, meet me in-game to learn more about me Smile
See you, Telvek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:06 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
drk
Newbie poster

I will answere on your apply when ref passwords will be working again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:35 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Telvek
Newbie poster

If I believe HARDWELL, the Pwds are yet working.
So how about my Application?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:08 pm
drk
Newbie poster

Trial ref from now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Altair
Newbie poster

Telvek I wish you the best of luck. The server is in need of active, strict referees and hopefully one day you will be one.

Unfortunately you're, in my opinion, off to a bad start. You failed to kick an exploiter (going over gold mine on map p2r, using launcher to kill locked in healing spire and planting demopacks). Several votes had been called to kick the "wet shoe" guy, but he returned and you did nothing. He renamed to XR_FirstTimePlayer and went on exploiting and after several failed kick votes players just went to spec to get over with it, thus the exploiter got to finish the game and fair players went to spec.
Your "defense" was that you were too busy demorunning. Me, Stak and other players kept on saying in chat he was exploiting for at least a total time of 5 minutes. I am sure u had some time to kick the guy, especially since the guy had been kick-voted twice before in the same game.

This is not how a referee and especially a new referee should conduct himself. You chose to apply for referee and you got it. Now you have to step up and act accordingly. If this means going spec for a couple minutes to ensure the joy of all the other players in the servers, yes, this indeed is what is expected of you and you can return demorunning after a couple minutes.

Now some of you might be wondering why the hell this Altair guy took the time and effort to register to throw some mud around. Telvek is a new ref and in my opinion when somebody just started, this is the best time to receive feedback so someone can improve. As soon as someone develops a certain routine is will be way harder to make improvements on one's refereeship. Constructive feedback, booyah!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:08 pm
Telvek
Newbie poster

Well sorry for the late Reply, I was busy. (No Demorunning Razz)

The Groen's Server Rules are just Guidelines, f.e., according to Rule #1, a Referee is supposed to mute/kick any Insulter -> The server would be empty^^ Hence, a Ref can be more or less strict. It sounds lifted up, but I am probably one of the most active Ref's nowadays (my POV).

Back to the Topic: You are right, I was in Demorun-Rage, I should have went to specs to check your Claims. Sorry about that. Nevertheless the guy "wet shoe" was not "XR_FirstTimePlayer", they were both online at the same time.

The negative Aspect of a Referee, you can never satisfy everybody. Some guys complain if you act too strict, others if you handle too bland. However I don't have to justify myself before you, but I try to become better in Future. Perhaps you are still not ok with me, in this case, just contact drk, he will warn me probably. See you in Game Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:45 pm
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Jump to: