Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Suggesting new vote
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
djinghis
Newbie poster

Suggesting new vote
Appologies to the original individual who first had the idea.

Suggestion on AFK people and moving them..

1: A new vote "Move idle" (name more accurate than afk as they may be tabbed out or on another screen). This is a public vote that simply moves an afk player to spectator. The said player may not be afk and in that case their vote cancels it immediately. The votes display would be ":Make #name# Spectator" and lock that player out for the standard switch time (as to not complicate programming). For insurance of those players why afk during warm-up (me being one), the vote will not be available (greyed out) during game setup mod/warm-up.

perks: Accuracy, Finality, lag free, no refs required.
Flaws: spam, afk for 20 seconds(during vote).

2: Although many people hated the server wide sweep script that took all players XP and gave a minute or 2 or 5 (can't recall) and determined they were AFk and auto moved, I think at the very least it was a solution of some kind. Yes the lag was incredible and some people thought that just because they were away for 2 minutes at the crucial point in a game was unfair, well tough shit really. Although this is not as good as above mentioned solution, it does not require XR developers to add an update (and we all know XR's track record on that).

Perks: One fell swoop, Finality, no refs required.
Flaws: Lag, lag, lag.

3: Don't do a thing and have many games d-rail due to a massive imbalance and waste everybody's time on games that will never see tech 3.

Perks: You find a few doritos wedged in-between fat rolls and it makes you smile, You have read all this post and feel good about yourself that nothing will get done especially by you, You look at the time and realize its Fap-Oclock, doing nothing preserves energy you've noticed, the energy you've preserved can be spent on more Fapping, You realize that you only ever stack anyway, so chances are your on the team with the active players, Meh.

Flaws: You don't find any doritos or any food stuck in your glutinous protrusions, You have read all this post and have some humility about you, You look at the time and realize you've missed Fap-Oclock Crying or Very sad , doing nothing preserves energy but depletes the older you get, the energy you've preserved can be spent on more Fapping (you begin to squint at the small text), You realize that you only ever stack anyway, so chances are your on the team with the active players, Meh.

Perhaps cast your vote:
1: Player initiative.
2: Server initiative.
3: Scratch your ass and belch out loud.

Thanks for you're precious time and consideration Savage Razz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:26 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
Given 1 will not work (requires XR devs)...

2. is simple, move some config and of G&G to GK... (G&G still has AFK)

I can see chatter, position and XP of every player in python. Given that I can see that, how would you improve the lag?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:01 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

Rather than move all afk at the same time, move them in 5 second intervals from a stack. I think if more than 1 players is auto moved via script, it freezes up and players experience severe lag for 3 or so seconds. In addition create a notify message that all afk's will be moved in 10 seconds (countdown?) you can be afk and still looking at the screen. In the past I've seen about 6 afks moved at the same time and the server almost crashed, but if its done gradually and with some accurate indication to the players, it like I said is somewhat a solution.

PS any chance of kicking afkers who sit in spec for 12 hours straight? noticed when i want a game the same old fools giving false player numbers and a game can't happen. Most games have this function, and I feel if your not going to play savage, don't sit in spec while you go to work or w/e, its just nonsensical.

On the subject of server scripts, Why does G&G slay commanders spawning siege? why not simply not allow selection of that unit? surely its possible.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:28 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Jump to: