Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:19 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Pulse Shimmey
Moderators: Pulse's moderators
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
djinghis
Newbie poster

Pulse Shimmey
p_shimmyBuilding 0, p_shimmyTerrain 1

Code:
set p_shimmyBuilding 0 //Allow building shimmying exploit (using FWD key on/off when stuck allows climbing building)

set p_shimmyTerrain 1 //Allow terrain shimmying exploit (using FWD key on/off when stuck allows climbing terrain)

set p_steepSlopeDecel 0.1 //Set deceleration rate to counter steep slopes exploit (speed is multiplied by this value each frame)

Noticed a few players (aliased no doubt) requesting that shimmy exploit be turned back on, and although the setting is not perfect, it at least prevents a lot of exploits. I hope you keep this setting on to especially prevent unnatural movement that leads to a lot of rule number 2 being broken, getting ontop of buildings to either gain access or attack from atop. (this coming from a shield crusher)

there are still some angles that allow you to climb, mostly buildings adjacent to steep terrain inclines, which leads me to believe P_shimmyTerrain should be turned off too?

I noticed Kingdom has p_steepSlopeDec1 set to 0.01 whereas the default is 0.1, anyone know about this setting and exactly what it does?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:20 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

cluey bunch aren't you )

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:59 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
JmZ
Newbie poster

sorry for the super long delay in replying to this, i've been away for the past couple of weeks.

shimmying buildings is what they want on? i haven't seen many people speak up about it so have just been leaving it as is.

in most cases it leads to questionable behaviour or exploitation so i suppose its nice to have it off (such as shimmying to repair an unreachable shield from the top, this actually breaks the 'dont go on buildings' rule).

i dont see a huge issue with terrain on though, because things like saccing heavily depend on it and thats just how we play these days. i think we're all used to shimmying to sac difficult shields.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:39 pm
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Jump to: