Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:41 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Ref abuse
Moderators: Pulse's moderators
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 3 of 4 [55 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Dingfire
Newbie poster

Stringer wrote:
Point 1.

The blowback rule is about areas unreachable by design, areas that you aren't meant to get to at all, like behind an unkilled grimm wall, or behind a terrain hill.

Player-made building does not render an area unreachable by design, it just makes it harder to get to. Otherwise 2 out of 3 shield sacs would be illegal.

If a human managed to get behind beasts tech without using explicitly illegal stuff like walking on hills, well, props to him and shame on beasts who allowed it.

Was this way for 10 years, will be for another 10. If you think otherwise, get out of the cave and check out the real world.

Point 2.

Under no circumstance ref should ever use his item-giving abilities during a normal game.

If you considered something as exploit, you should have stopped the exploiter.

If you could not, you should fix the damage by reverting it (giving back stone, etc)

If the damage is too much to fix, well, you fucked up, do better next time, but don't just change the game based on whatever your weird sense of fairness tells you.

I don't think you understand that these were 2 completely different games, no thanks to necro posting it in the same thread Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:04 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Dingfire
Newbie poster

Telvek wrote:
tl, dr.
What's up here?

I had a game with Necro alone at 4am and then a couple of people joined including djinghis, we were about to lose so I gave necro a balli as a joke to scare t2. We still lost the game never the less as I knew we would. But djinghis saw his chance to write an abuse post and made it look much worse than it was Smile . I know ref python should not be used during a game , and wasn't planning to ever do so again. (tldr it was a joke)

The other game with Necro is that he used a behe to fly over into my tech pit, I know that the rule states:

2. Players are not allowed to exploit the map or the terrain.

* Utilising damage blow-back (i.e. being hit by a behemoth) to reach otherwise unreachable areas. In case a player finds himself in such a spot he is to take the most direct route the same way back.

So I considered it exploit and gave him a slay.

Even though the rule is ambiguous, apparently the commander has to sacrifice buildings in that case so now I know thanks to Gridfon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:35 pm
Last edited by Dingfire on Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Telvek
Newbie poster

I would slay in this situation as well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:34 am
Necro
Newbie poster

Luckily nobody asked for your input, Telvek. If you could delete your incorrect opinion that would be fantastic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:14 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

Dingfire wrote:
Telvek wrote:
tl, dr.
What's up here?

I had a game with Necro alone at 4am and then a couple of people joined including djinghis, we were about to lose so I gave necro a balli as a joke to scare t2. We still lost the game never the less as I knew we would. But djinghis saw his chance to write an abuse post and made it look much worse than it was Smile . I know ref python should not be used during a game , and wasn't planning to ever do so again. (tldr it was a joke)

The other game with Necro is that he used a behe to fly over into my tech pit, I know that the rule states:

2. Players are not allowed to exploit the map or the terrain.

* Utilising damage blow-back (i.e. being hit by a behemoth) to reach otherwise unreachable areas. In case a player finds himself in such a spot he is to take the most direct route the same way back.

So I considered it exploit and gave him a slay.

Even though the rule is ambiguous, apparently the commander has to sacrifice buildings in that case so now I know thanks to Gridfon.

You admit that god weapons should never be used in a game yet you come here and gloat about it because "I" made the complaint and you got away with it. Your excuses...

"it was a joke" (not funny)
"it was 4am" (was not 4am for most of us)
"couple of ppl" (less ppl makes it ok?)

What about those that got killed by the god weapon and the 3 or so buildings that got destroyed through your insubordination, and generally upholding your responsibility? wheres the apology? wheres the consequence? wheres your honor?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:50 am
The Raging Asparagus
Newbie poster

Telvek wrote:
I would slay in this situation as well.

In this case there is a severe problem with the rules and with the refs alignment

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:32 pm
Telvek
Newbie poster

Which alignment? I just see a discussion with various opinions.

Everyone should ref on his way as long as it follows the rules (You can surely see this exploit rule from many many perspectives).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:00 pm
Necro
Newbie poster

@Dingfire
And yes, you have to sac tech if you decided to built a techpit without any form of defence such as a spire or sub to protect it (behe doesn't count). The exact same way human have to build a base to counter gates.

@Telvek
This is exactly the problem, all refs seem to have a different rule list they go by. Shouldn't be that way!

P.S. If Telvek agrees with you then you know you're probably wrong. Sorry Dingfire )

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:40 pm
Telvek
Newbie poster

Well Referees are humans, not bots.

Btw: If you don't have anything constructive to say, shut your mouth.

Why do we even discuss with trolls like Necro 'n Djinghis? As if their word influences anything towards referee-related issues^^

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:59 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Telvek wrote:

Why do we even discuss with trolls like Necro 'n Djinghis? As if their word influences anything towards referee-related issues^^

Because I'm smart, and you should listen to someone who knows a little more than you and has been around a lot longer. And if you can't make the separation of troll to serious and valid point, then you're just young in the head and need to develop and mature.

PS this is my thread, and your contribution (if any) is minimal and even a little stupid, so you should probably shut your mouth. Also I suspect their is a reason Jmz is reluctant to make you a ref on pulse.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:06 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

Re: Ref abuse
special powers during game - Dingfire

djinghis wrote:
Acting referee - Dingfire
Abuse - using ballistics weapon for crossbow during game
reason - retaliation for losing his shield
Time - Approx 02:45 GMT ~ 15/11/2016

demo - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81292617/Savage/DingfireAbuse15.11.16.zip

If you want to discuss rules, create a thread or post in the relevant area, this report has been resolved and therefore discussion furthermore is off topic.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:49 am
Dingfire
Newbie poster

erm telvek is a ref on pulse m8 Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:25 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

djinghis wrote:
Also I suspect their is a reason Jmz is reluctant to make you a ref on pulse.

was*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:57 am
Trigardon
Newbie poster

Telvek wrote:

Why do we even discuss with trolls like Necro, Djinghis and Telvek? As if their word influences anything towards referee-related issues^^

Fixed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:34 pm
Telvek
Newbie poster

Seems like I do have some haters so I'm doing everything right )

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:07 pm
Page 3 of 4 [55 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Jump to: