Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:33 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Requesting Ref for Newerth (Pulse) Public EU Server
Moderators: Pulse's moderators
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 3 [34 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Tjens
Newbie poster

Awesome to see you applying as ref, we could use a little sense around here Smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:11 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
bullet
Newbie poster

Quote:
With all due respect bullet, if you haven't played a lot with me then what gives you the ethos to judge my ability of being a good referee? Don't be hasty with your conclusions.

It doesnt really matter what I think, what matter is how a ref behave when the heat on the server rises. How you behaved in the scenario I was linking to in my previous reply wasnt very convincing. Besides, this is your application, its not my job to "know you", its your job to make yourself known here. You're supposed to convince people.

Let me give you a friendly start on how to convince me, atleast:
So tell me, if you was to do/acty anything different in the linked topic that i linked to earlier , what would that be?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:38 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
eLeMenT
Newbie poster

Thank you Tjens!! It's nice seeing you're still alive!! I'm so happy to see someone as friendly and respected as yourself back me up! Cool

Bullet, there's 2 perspectives, me as a non ref and me as ref, and I could think of many ways to deal with it. The reason for my acting out is because I didn't have ref and felt hopeless as well as frustrated, it happens to all of us and I'm human, just like you. It was childish as well and I implore you to go see how we resolved the situation as adults. As a ref, I would've quickly rectified the situation without much to say. Either by private messaging the person, or putting myself in his comm seat and destroying the sub.

But bullet, could we please keep this thread on topic and not start having long discussions on here because I feel it takes away from my application? Confused

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:31 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Trigardon
Newbie poster

bullet wrote:
Quote:
With all due respect bullet, if you haven't played a lot with me then what gives you the ethos to judge my ability of being a good referee? Don't be hasty with your conclusions.

It doesnt really matter what I think, what matter is how a ref behave when the heat on the server rises. How you behaved in the scenario I was linking to in my previous reply wasnt very convincing. Besides, this is your application, its not my job to "know you", its your job to make yourself known here. You're supposed to convince people.

If you don't know eLeMenT you should seriously re-think about writing in here at all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:46 pm
emoplaya
Newbie poster

Don't know him either and i've been around for years now.

Afaik he is from the US and just recently got a new PC.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:40 pm
eLeMenT
Newbie poster

I've been around for quite a long time now but didn't play much on the EU servers after mid 2008. However, the older players usually know me as I have played with and against them competitively. I've been in many clans including VtX, eoN, VvV, Phalanx, WTO, Fox and was co-founder of TH (noob clan). Idk what other serious clans I've been in but there's probably more...

You were first seen in game on Sunday, June 28, 2009 at 02:42:33 PM as "COJ-EMOPLAYA" (idk maybe you had a different account like I did as well before using the nickname eLeMenT). By then, I had already moved to Canada and became a US player, which is maybe why you haven't seen me much on the EU server. I did play competitively from time to time in EU though or just pubs when the US server is dead.

A lot of the old Savage EU players know me and I have helped test XR and brainstormed ideas for the game. Some players from EvO, DeMo and SoV are my clanmates in the US... I've been around for awhile but life intervened and I decided to quit with most other people but here I am! Very Happy

I've also known and played with JmZ for years and I was one of his refs, it would be great to hear his opinion on this as well Very Happy

http://www.newerth.com/smf/?action=profile;u=104144

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:31 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
The Raging Asparagus
Newbie poster

I do know him.. as he said he's an old-school US player.

Problem IMO is all US players "migrated" from US (dead) server to here are unbelievably obnoxious players.
They rage a lot, they start kick votes when they are buffed against and they generally bring "bad" vibe to the EU server.

What Element did to Coincoinmaou was a huge exaggeration over a small mistake over a 1-min dead sub in a stacked game.
Natsu acts like total shit as well, spams kick votes for anyone that buffs him and insults on chat constantly.
Woot used to behe camp all the time since in US server it was ok (I think today though he stopped doing that).

Personally I despise many players (and RL people at general) like Ryo which makes racial comments, Kenway that ruins games and spams chats with curses, Shag that thinks he's Queen B ,_K_, Fury and many others..
but at least they earned their right to be annoying by not letting the server drop dead over the years.

However the US players are like guests with a bad attitude so they make me dislike them even more.

Regardless to say I tend to dislike people very quickly and Element is just a newly addition to the list.

But this thread is not about me Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:55 pm
Jegenrapo
Newbie poster

I agree with you TRA with many points.. +1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:04 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
bullet
Newbie poster

I am also under the impression most US players on EU servers atleast, are toxic. But, it wouldnt be fair to judge a individual based on waht you think a group of people are.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:17 pm
Trigardon
Newbie poster

The most toxic players are actually coming from the EU and Austrollia (including NZ and such).

US players are only toxic towards trolls and retards, atleast from my experience over years.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:19 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Trigardon wrote:
The most toxic players are actually coming from the EU and Austrollia (including NZ and such).

US players are only toxic towards trolls and retards, atleast from my experience over years.

Funny, I've known retards and trolls to at least spell counties correctly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:46 am
eLeMenT
Newbie poster

Like all other things in Savage, this has exploded into a huge drama fest. It's not my job to sit and write lengthy replies every day, I just want to play the game.

We have had many toxic players in this game over the years but like you said Asparagus, the US had some pretty bad ones, and I've learned to be firm with trolls; try moderating Angelique. JmZ said to Slash today that he missed him as a ref, and guess what, I ref exactly like him because I'm firm and I don't take bs. You may ask Slash, as we have played together for thousands of hours and he knows exactly how I ref.

The issue with coincoinmiaou was resolved quickly, and in a mature fashion as both of us took in criticism and acted accordingly. In order to be a leader, you need to be a follower, and both of us did that. Guess what, we also message each other to bounce ideas off of each other. This is how mature people act.

I want to be ref to make the game a more enjoyable experience. If you would like me to be ref, please, vote with your conscience and know that I have many years of experience as a referee, that I'm not biased, and that I have a good head on my shoulders.

I'm starting to get the impression that there are some that have made it their personal goal to set me up for failure, for whatever reason or preconceived impressions they have about the US. If you would like to talk to me or want to hear my opinion regarding an issue, you will find me in game and should talk to me personally over there, I will be a great ref if you vote for me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:33 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

eLeMenT wrote:
Like all other things in Savage, this has exploded into a huge drama fest. It's not my job to sit and write lengthy replies every day, I just want to play the game.

We have had many toxic players in this game over the years but like you said Asparagus, the US had some pretty bad ones, and I've learned to be firm with trolls; try moderating Angelique. JmZ said to Slash today that he missed him as a ref, and guess what, I ref exactly like him because I'm firm and I don't take bs. You may ask Slash, as we have played together for thousands of hours and he knows exactly how I ref.

The issue with coincoinmiaou was resolved quickly, and in a mature fashion as both of us took in criticism and acted accordingly. In order to be a leader, you need to be a follower, and both of us did that. Guess what, we also message each other to bounce ideas off of each other. This is how mature people act.

I want to be ref to make the game a more enjoyable experience. If you would like me to be ref, please, vote with your conscience and know that I have many years of experience as a referee, that I'm not biased, and that I have a good head on my shoulders.

I'm starting to get the impression that there are some that have made it their personal goal to set me up for failure, for whatever reason or preconceived impressions they have about the US. If you would like to talk to me or want to hear my opinion regarding an issue, you will find me in game and should talk to me personally over there, I will be a great ref if you vote for me.

You expect something different in a public application for a position most feel you don't meet the requirements for? It's not anybodies goal - as far as I can see to set you up with failure but simply point out weaknesses in your case for this vacancy. In the end, in this community - its who you suck up to that counts, there are no watchdogs or external entities that control or maintain proceedings here.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:24 am
djargon
Newbie poster

eLeMenT wrote:

when you become a ref, start to practice for long responds inhere, it was a fulltime job when i was ref Smile

btw if i was still ref now, you had my full support for becoming a ref

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:43 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Was just a matter of time
Aliasing ref (GOKU) aka Element behavioral snippet

Aliasing ref (GOKU) aka Element behavioral snippet.

0> ^clan 86805^Goku> and u can suck it dj
^900Referee Goku ^900has ^gmuted ^900djinghis!^w
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> i said 1 more time didnt i
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> btw that means ur muted in game too, not just warmup
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> idc if it offends u or not, it's racist and i dont accept racism
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> dont worry
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> i will get god ref
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> it's only the exploiters and trolls that seem to cry when i do something about it
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> and ur pretty much both
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> with an iq lower than a raccoon's
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> so
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> ur probably the loneliest creature ever to have existed
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> ur self esteem is so damn low
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> i pity u dj
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> the only reason people still play savage is coz of the community
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> u work daily trying to ruin it
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> u made many players quit
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> coz ur self esteem is so low
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> ur a scumbag dj
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> it's ok
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> stfu and reflect on urself asshole
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> fucking trash
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> being a ref has more to do with server building than anything else
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> just to be an annoying little cunt
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> ur definition of fun is pretty twisted
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> ur in a league of ur own
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> i dont take the game seriously
0> ^clan 86805^Goku> but i respect people

Had to stop on that last comment lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:48 am
Page 2 of 3 [34 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Jump to: