Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:39 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » General Discussion
Cowboys and Development
Moderators: Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
djinghis
Newbie poster

Cowboys and Development

Quote from Daemon on Newerth

Quote from: drk on Today at 01:34:39 pm
Quote from: Natsu on Today at 07:43:51 am

A lot of words
What do we have as a result? If you still think that your pack is a 'must have' in the xr client, you could make your own mod/s2z archive that includes your graphics and ask xr devs to add a 'button' that turns it on/off. So every player could decide does he need it or not.

Quote from: Natsu on Today at 07:43:51 am
I gave you good reason why your "alternative graphics pack setting" feature was dumb; there was no point preserving ugly, buggy graphics then or now.

The system is already in place. For more than 2 years. He just wouldn't have it. He's just a Messiah on a mission to save a world that doesn't need his saving. Logic and arguments hit him like a brick wall. He just doesn't get it i (we) have a duty to look after everyone's interest, not Natsu's and his voluntary endeavor.

The problem with art is that it is subjective. He may like it, others might not. Besides worrying about FPS, that's a very important reason why i don't want to just go ahead and replace all the effects people are used to. It's not like that will:

-direct more traffic from Facebook
-bring more players from Steam
-pay for more visibility on Youtube
-make our ads go higer in Google

There is no way any fiddling with a few effects creating a supernatural funnel that draws players and keeps them here like never before. Noobs will still die 1000 times before their first kill - and that's what makes them uninstall, not outdated graphics. Even replaced with a new set of outdated graphics.

And his work is not the only thing i'm not forcing on everyone. I made the Mech and Glider and did not force it on standard though they're quite acceptable quality - but vets hate their games being affected. I'm picky. Natsu's just crazy.

Just picked up this from newerth and wanted to point out just how wrong it is.

"The system is in place" and the system is the problem, Natsu wanted to improve the effects not add a mod that's switchable in options - that's adding bloat. I know of at least 20 sav res players personally who dislike savage 1's dated graphics and are asking about any possible mods/patches to improve it. The day Daemon wakes up that nobody wants his auras/transporter/glider and warcraft shit the better, and yes you did force outpost/potions drops and other non-savage things onto us. Its so easy to criticize someone in his position and spam whatever he thinks is good onto a community that has no say. And no - the 5 or 6 ppl on newerth are not the entire community.

I think what Natsu is saying is that hes done what he thinks looks best and putting up ridiculous requirements like how tall a demo smoke stack is was just a fake trolling requirement (I mean get real) I have used the latest version he kindly gave me, and I have to say I'm happy with 90% of it and my performance has improved greatly. Natsu and I may not get along but at least I can see through to the core of what's an impressive work and respect it as such. I remember a certain Newerth programmer calling the community morons because he couldn't accept the made an error and didn't feel like fixing it. This sort of behavior from a newerth admin was an early indication that newerth was run by a bunch of cowboys who didn't really give a fuck about others. OFC one can only hope that hands change in the newerth team and it improves over time, sadly that day never came and dead wood just would not float away and die.

To the core of the issue here - I work with ppl I don't like but they are good at their jobs and we look past our differences and create greatness together. If Newerth wants to get real and accept that their shit stinks just as bad as the rest of us, then perhaps steam will accept our shitty 12 y/o game. Fixing the security holes is a priority for that OFC, as I've mentioned in the past talking to greenlit management, they said a game as insecure is savage is not only a threat it's a dangerous threat (that's right). And as you know, I exploited one of these holes. Ignoring some of the obvious problems with savage and adding content is not going to fly I'm afraid and very few of the major issues have been raised on newerth.

At least Natsu has solved one of the issues with memory overflow and made savage look amazing, I just hope he wraps it up and releases it to the public, ofc his incentive has been shaken from the atypical Newerth belittlement tactics a lot of us a familiar with. 5 ppl online at European prime time as of now - take a hint.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:07 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Trigardon
Newbie poster

Looks like shit.

No proves about improved performance.

Looks like shit.
You are full of shit.
So is natsu.
Wrong forums.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:26 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,18052.0.html

Well it's better than this that I uninstalled because it didn't function and the voice actors were fucking annoying - no to mention it's the most self indulging statfiend mod I've ever seen. and who actually uses it? lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:37 pm
Trigardon
Newbie poster

https://youtu.be/tVj0ZTS4WF4

This little faggot likes it alot. )

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:39 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Well at least it functions and looks good kid Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:47 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

And when he gets a fire weapon he looks like this...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:49 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

one of many mods I don't believe I will bother to release to a community that only cares about relocator and block macros.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:51 pm
Trigardon
Newbie poster

LOOKS GOOD!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn977W9HjWM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:53 pm
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » General Discussion
Jump to: