Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:51 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » General Discussion
Daemon forcing his shit onto the community again
Moderators: Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
djinghis
Newbie poster

Daemon forcing his shit onto the community again

Daemon wrote:

For Chaps, we're considering a nice damage sharing effect for potions. Closeby chaps on potions would be linked with shield-tower-like wavy lines only visible to them/team, and a portion of any damage one takes is evenly distributed among the other chaps in range. Also, they might get an armor bonus against ENERGY weapons (not physical). They could bunch up and gain a whole lot more survivability. We'll see what's what.

Bullet wrote:

I oppose of hidden "armor" in any sense - its never been a savage thing with such rpg-elements, and I think making them stronger that way is the wrong call.

They are supposed to be supportive units, not the strongest collectively armored unit on the battlefield. I dont mind them beeing as weak and vulnerable as they are now. But they do need improvement in some way.

Daemon argued:

It won't be hodden, and magic shields against certain kinds of weapons is a thing right now. Remember Storm shield?

Their first and biggest problem, preventing them from being useful and worth getting, is survivability. They can't leap out of trouble, they can't survive anything other than scav and not even that if ranged weapons are involved.

We need to make them last until they can heal. Sharing damage among them means just that. Don't like? Suggest something else. Dont't impeach, elect!

Djinghis wrote:

Instead of adding shit from warcraft, why no focus on the work that needs to be done, and when you write "we're" we all know its just you and hakugay, Bullet already sated the way they are is fine so leave it alone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:18 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
bullet
Newbie poster

The essence of what I said is that armouring the unit based on hidden stuff people cant see and rpg-ish elements isnt the way to make chaplin stronger. Do not think you can interpret my words as you please- there is definitive a need for improvement for the chaplin unit.

However, this forum isnt fit for such a discussion.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:04 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » General Discussion
Jump to: