Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:24 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Hacking/refpowers on Pulse w/ demo by djinghis
Moderators: Pulse's moderators
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
bullet
Newbie poster

Hacking/refpowers on Pulse w/ demo by djinghis
Djinghis hacked humans gold and denied it from increasing

demo link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1gpTwfEsdA_eUZNVTJDeUE4VTQ/view?usp=sharing

What happened?

1. I was comm on the map called the gate, as human commander.
2. Someone killed monkits early on, gold increased to 5,3K
3. if you fast forward, you will see the gold from monkits increase but decrease instantly by 100 gold very fast.
4. later in the same game, djinghis managed to write a /ref python.#someweirdPythonCommandAboutGold line in the chat. Drk instamutes djinghis then.
5. The event happends very early in the game.

In my opinion, this is should result in permanent ban. Either he got his own homemade hack ,or he have gotten a ref pwd from someone. Either way, he is breaking a shit lot of rules with this.

And ps. noone "provocated" djignhis when this happened (as JmZ have said about dijnghis actions earlier).

Ps.2: Ignore djinghis comments on this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:36 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
drk
Newbie poster

Looks weird. Right after he joined t1 gold went -100 untill 1500.
JMZ please looks into the server logs if you can. Untill then I count that dj used some sort of his 'hax'.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:46 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

Fuck me Europeans are dumb lol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:50 pm
Trigardon
Newbie poster

Looks like the request money command.

Go ingame:

/playerrequest money 100

You can request a maximum of 250 per one request.

Good Game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:57 am
Stringer
Newbie poster

Yea it's the usual gold request command, same command that allows you to request other stuff, like buffs and such.
There is no hacking involved in that.
And if someone made you think he used hacks by using regular well known game functionality, well, you got trolled, shame on you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:06 pm
The Raging Asparagus
Newbie poster

Wow so even when muted he could still drain his team gold?
What a fucking cancer omg..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:44 pm
bullet
Newbie poster

It seems I misjudged the situation, and there is no wanky-panky hacking involved.

However- the gold request command he used - there isnt really alot of players which are aware of that ( I didnt knew it existed).

Also, the frequency he used it in (the gold went down fast...much faster than arrow up + enter can do), is a concern. I assume it was scripted in a loop or something.

I got one question though:
- Why is that gold-request functionality still around? It can only help people get more teamgold than what they need (requesting gold the normal way by picking items is more natural and gets rid of the problem of mentioned script). Not to mention, people which really want to ruin a match can easely do so if abusing such script.

And finally, an apology to djinghis for accusing him of "hacking", it did definately seem like you did nasty stuff from my PoV (maybe you did?).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:11 pm
drk
Newbie poster

Stringer wrote:
by using regular well known game functionality

Visible button is a "well known". This is not. You can't track who is wasting all your gold untill the end of the game when it's late. If people start using such "trolling" as you say they can easily kill all public games.
Stringer wrote:
you got trolled, shame on you.

It's not a "trolling". He ruined a game. And my opinion that such behavior deserves a punishment.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:15 am
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
The commander can deny gold request and a server admin can disable gold requests.
However if someone would want to spoil games he/she can always request items, spawn, use those items after spawning and buy new.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:40 am
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Daemon
Newbie poster

Clemens added a locktospec ref command for such cases.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:19 pm
Stringer
Newbie poster

The gold requested this way is exactly the same as gold requested any other way, spamming a medkit button or something. (As groent already pointed out)
There is no significant difference between the two cases in terms of gold wasting. You'd have to still take a cata and eject, etc, which can be spotted.
There is no script needed, you just need to bind that to a button and keep the button pressed.
I do have such binds and I find them useful from time to time, so it's good that functionality is still around.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:59 pm
Stringer
Newbie poster

As for well known.... okay correction.
Not "well known". Just easy to find with only as much as little curiosity required.

I mean... suppose you have a keybind for a buff. Say, on 'K' button.

1. You get curious how does it work, so you type "bind K" in console, it shows you that "playerequest" command exists.
2. You get curious what does it do, so you type "playerrequest" in console and it shows you "money" among other things you can request.

Anyone thinking the above is a rocket science can now throw rotten tomatoes at me.

I really believe, that people who have any interest in the game, even tiniest bit, found all such commands eons ago.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:11 pm
Daemon
Newbie poster

Stringer wrote:
I really believe, that people who have any interest in the game, even tiniest bit, found all such commands eons ago.

Did they use it to harm their team and the game, unable to compose their disgruntled selves?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:41 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

bullet wrote:
It seems I misjudged the situation, and there is no wanky-panky hacking involved.

However- the gold request command he used - there isnt really alot of players which are aware of that ( I didnt knew it existed).

Also, the frequency he used it in (the gold went down fast...much faster than arrow up + enter can do), is a concern. I assume it was scripted in a loop or something.

I got one question though:
- Why is that gold-request functionality still around? It can only help people get more teamgold than what they need (requesting gold the normal way by picking items is more natural and gets rid of the problem of mentioned script). Not to mention, people which really want to ruin a match can easely do so if abusing such script.

And finally, an apology to djinghis for accusing him of "hacking", it did definately seem like you did nasty stuff from my PoV (maybe you did?).

Apology accepted, just try not to talk shit about ppl who are muted for no reason when you know they can't respond back.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:42 pm
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Jump to: