Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
RE-Ref Application The Raging Asparagus
Moderators: Pulse's moderators
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
The Raging Asparagus
Newbie poster

RE-Ref Application The Raging Asparagus

Hello,

After being rejected the 1st time I do know how to take a hint Wink.
However I was actually asked to re-apply by few of the community members (and was asked to suicide by few others Rolling Eyes ).

- Former and current nickname(s): TRA, The Raging Asparagus
- How long you have been playing Savage: 14 years at least

- What time you usually play: Evening till night but in the next week or two I can be at early hours due to holidays.
- What languages you speak: Hebrew, English
- A short explanation why you want to become a referee:
(copy pasting from my Groenth application here): I honestly believe I can judge a situation calmly and objectively and so I'm fit to be a ref. I want to because I should help create a better Savage experience for me and the community.

On a non copy-paste note, I know I complain and chat a lot and sometimes get mad/emotional.. however as ref I would allow people to curse me and disrespect me as I am not looking for ref to gain power but rather to keep the fair play and prevent exploits.

On a technical note, I find behe/siege camping to be an issue you cannot give a 100% good ruling upon Since there are too many variables to consider (frequency of spawning, length from sub/garr/spawn point, is it a patrol or an actual attack route, type of map etc..) so I think in these cases I might upset some people but they will have to cope with it.

I will moderate chat assuming it is getting out of hand/racist/derogatory.

Thanks,
TRA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:32 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

Get real

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:42 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
soma
Newbie poster

Hi TRA Smile , good luck with your 2nd application.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:34 am
bullet
Newbie poster

Hi tra.

I just want to shout out an experience I had with you in-game, which i find relevant to your referer application.

1-2 months ago in-game you complained that someone was bali/catacamping I think, and you responded with behe-camping yourself, claiming it was ok since other team did it. This was on a lager map than kinixxx or izi (dont remmer the name). Its worth mentioning that no referee was present on the server.

I told you that one wrong doesnt make another right, but you didnt listen (I even think you told me to stfu, but not really sure).

Because of this attitude, Im sceptical about you beeing a referee. This is just my personal experience, hopefully a few other around with better experience which can prove me wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:44 am
The Raging Asparagus
Newbie poster

bullet wrote:
Hi tra.

I just want to shout out an experience I had with you in-game, which i find relevant to your referer application.

1-2 months ago in-game you complained that someone was bali/catacamping I think, and you responded with behe-camping yourself, claiming it was ok since other team did it. This was on a lager map than kinixxx or izi (dont remmer the name). Its worth mentioning that no referee was present on the server.

I told you that one wrong doesnt make another right, but you didnt listen (I even think you told me to stfu, but not really sure).

Because of this attitude, Im sceptical about you beeing a referee. This is just my personal experience, hopefully a few other around with better experience which can prove me wrong.

Hi Bullet,
Few things regarding this.

1) First of all what you are saying is 100% true.
When I play Savage and there are no refs to hear me and the other team does something against the rules (consistently and/or on purpose) at this point I believe I am allowed to do the same thing (which is still not an equivalent since the first one to break the rules always have the advantage)..

For example: if t1's comm would build an exploit garr and there is no ref to destroy it I can either leave Savage/go to spec (kick votes never work in this case and you and I know it) or I can make an exploit sub in return hoping next time the other's team comm would understand there are implications to breaking the rules even when no refs around.

In the match you have mentioned MNI_SAMSH was just camping balli 24x7 on a 4v4 anvale although I asked him to stop many times.
So I just did the same, I took a behe and camped the sub 24x7.
Your team got frustrated by my behe and tried to kick me few times..
so guess how it felt for me?

Actually just last night we played Kinixxx and AMD commed the beast team. After they lost flags and were about to get the lair ballid down above the grimm wall he just made an exploit sub through grimms to get the flag and just to make sure the exploit will work he also spawned as behe.
Guess who won that match eventually? (right, beast did). Is this the Savage you want to see? where the exploiters get rewarded?
If I were T1 comm at that point I would make an exploit garr in retaliation, and not one above grimms but one straight to the beast tech.
If players cannot grasp the idea of fair play there is no point to the current match.

2) I am a ref already on g&g and Groenth Kingdom and when I see a constant pattern of camping I warn before slay. So regarding my sense of judgement you can always see my past experience as ref and whether I abused it or not.

3) Since I am not here for the ref power (I am actually here because few refs asked me to help with the load) and because I do consider you one of the most fair players around I can make a deal with you.
If I get ref and If you'll think I abused my ref powers on a certain match to gain my team an unfair advantage I will ask JmZ to take my ref powers away (change ref pass).

Regards,
TRA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:46 am
eLeMenT
Newbie poster

He did it! He finally did it! Very Happy

TRA is a very rational, intelligent, and calculated person; he would be someone great to work with. We have a lot of players who are very opinionated but at the end of the day, this is a very important quality in a ref, the fact that you can work with him. If you don't like something he's doing, talk to him and he will respond very well to criticism. His judgement calls are also on point.

Please understand that TRA would make a great addition to the team, F1 from me Cool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:05 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

^^

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:07 pm
JmZ
Newbie poster

good luck, TRA.

thanks for the application

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:46 pm
JmZ
Newbie poster

accepted.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:31 pm
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Jump to: