Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:14 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
EskiMo
August 21 1989 (29 year old)
  
 Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Regarding the recent complaints
Moderators: Pulse's moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 3 of 5 [63 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Author Message
Elendil
Newbie poster

Joined: 03 Sep 2013
Posts: 36
Interesting enough, when I back to server, two players asked me if I PMed soma, and obviously - not, as you can see from screenshot/demo

they said that was what soma answered why he kicked me

I hope someone will upload full demo with soma lies
Coz as you can see in my demo - i didn't message him anything

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:20 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Gridfon
Newbie poster


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 238
This is the second time I see Elendil getting indiscriminately kicked from Pulse over the past week. Both times happened after JmZ's post. Both times he did not deserve even a mute, unless a lot of stuff was going on behind the scenes. I have demos of both situations and will provide them if necessary.

I know that the reaction of several refs will be: "that is just Elendil, who cares about Elendil, I hate him". But the rules apply to him in the same way as to everyone else, regardless of what arguments you had in the past. Unless he is in Pulse's instant-kick list.

I also saw that Elendil is getting some blame for his recent report against kicks on GK. I think it is completely irrelevant who reported that. Whatever punitive actions had to be taken as a result, those actions would always be the outcome of "refs making poor decisions", not the outcome of "refs hurting Elendil". Some people might think that punishing refs for those kicks (whatever the punishment) means siding with Elendil; but he merely relayed the information. The answer to the question "did refs make the right decision" does not depend on whether Elendil reported it or whether Shagroth did. I can't stress this enough.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:02 am
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 545
Grif, why do you bother? servers run by kids and XR run by kids - you'll never get a reasonable response or action in this community.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:34 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Trigardon
Newbie poster

Joined: 16 Jul 2009
Posts: 374
If you dislike the fact that 'kids' are running Savage altogether, why do you still play then?
_________________


PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:54 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
eLeMenT
Newbie poster


Joined: 08 Dec 2016
Posts: 93
Location: Complaints Desk
First, you made a 10+ year long ref resign (which many, including myself, regarded as the best ref). Now you want to defend Elendil and use "it" as an excuse to accuse us of abusing. I promise you I won't go back to Savage if you get your way. Y'all need to get a life and gtfo the forums already, stop nagging and go play the game.
_________________


PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:34 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Trigardon
Newbie poster

Joined: 16 Jul 2009
Posts: 374
Are you entirely sure you're the right Person to tell us to get a life?
_________________


PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:43 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
JmZ
Newbie poster

Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 193
It is unfortunate the usual people have derailed this thread massively.

Gridfon, were you there when Elendil was kicked? Do you have any context at all regarding the situation? It doesn't seem so, so it is probably best to keep speculation and lengthy posts to yourself regarding it.

Elendil, that is unfortunate to see if what you say is true. But we have no context here of the situation at all, so there isn't really anything we can gather other than the fact you were kicked (anything could've happened in-game, we can't tell from just a screenshot). I'll chat to SOMA and let you know soon about this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:10 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Gridfon
Newbie poster


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 238
JmZ wrote:
Gridfon, were you there when Elendil was kicked? Do you have any context at all regarding the situation? It doesn't seem so, so it is probably best to keep speculation and lengthy posts to yourself regarding it.

My post made it pretty clear that I was there, that I have all the context I can possibly have (besides any "he said" vs. "he said" claims about PM communication), and that I will post the demos if necessary. The reason I did not post it one week ago was because only 14 hours passed since your post, and I gave SOMA the benefit of the doubt of not having seen it yet. The reason I did not post demos yesterday was because I hoped you would settle this without me having to post any "evidence". But if you demand me to prove I know the situation prior to saying anything, then here you go.

Case 1 (June 04): Happened in kinixxx game, where -_- was T1 commander, and SOMA was T2 commander.
Quote:
Elendil has joined the game
27> ^clan 15616^Elendil> oh shit, i hate both comms
27> ^clan 15616^Elendil> which one should i join?

^clan 86625^SOMA has become referee!
^900Referee SOMA has kicked Elendil!^w

Not Greek has joined the game
^clan 15616^Not Greek disconnected
Not Greek has joined the game
8> -_-> lol Not Greek
8> -_-> we didn't who you are :O
8> -_-> hahahha
^900Referee SOMA ^900has ^glocked ^900eLeMenT ^900to ^gspectator!^w
0> ^clan 1548^eLeMenT> wtf
2> ^clan 80790^gs> soma
^clan 15616^Not Greek disconnected (Server timed us out)
8> -_-> he meant Elendi
2> ^clan 80790^gs> what the fuck are you doing
^900Referee eLeMenT ^900has ^gunlocked ^900eLeMenT's ^gspectator ^grestriction!^w
^900Referee eLeMenT ^gmoved ^900eLeMenT ^900to ^900team ^9002^w
0> ^clan 1548^eLeMenT> he probably meant to lock ellendil
5> ^clan 86625^SOMA> srry miss click Very Happy
8> -_-> yes
6> ^clan 14626^Oasis Reunion> soma is on the sauce
5> ^clan 86625^SOMA> yeah
6> ^clan 14626^Oasis Reunion> XD
2> ^clan 80790^gs> why are you bothering elendil?
2> ^clan 80790^gs> let him play
5> ^clan 86625^SOMA> nvm Very Happy
8> -_-> nah gs he exploided yesterday and ruined games

5> ^clan 86625^SOMA> so boring tbh
8> -_-> at least we buillt the server SOMA gg
5> ^clan 86625^SOMA> Very Happy
5> ^clan 86625^SOMA> yeah
5> ^clan 86625^SOMA> and kick the useless


Case 2 (June 11): Happened ~44 minutes into an audhumla game. Elendil played in T1, SOMA was the commander of T2. There was no prior communication between Elendil and SOMA during this game. Elendil spent 15 minutes offline because of the kick, and T2 eventually won this, but Elendil still got both the homewrecker and the outpost basher awards. I think we would have won if he was not kicked.
Quote:
// chuvi calls draw
// Wrath calls draw
1> ^clan 15616^Elendil> t2 will lose
1> ^clan 15616^Elendil> so f2
14> ^clan 39107^SOMA> suck it Elendil
1> ^clan 15616^Elendil> dont cry SOMA
14> ^clan 39107^SOMA> im not
1> ^clan 15616^Elendil> one time you will also have a win
14> ^clan 39107^SOMA> you just lier
1> ^clan 15616^Elendil> where did i lie?

// ~3 minutes later SOMA calls concede
1> ^clan 15616^Elendil> f1
11> ^clan 57065^chuvi> this team
1> ^clan 15616^Elendil> chuvi you're right, 2 foxes is too much in one team
^clan 39107^EnglishSlug joined team 2
14> ^clan 39107^SOMA> like no one obey you want me to have cancer
1> ^clan 15616^Elendil> even 3
^900Referee SOMA has kicked Elendil!^w
0> ^clan 86608^Pressure. #BobTheBuilder.> LOL??
14> ^clan 39107^SOMA> nah he just pm me too much

I know Elendil's version about both kicks. He claims that in the 1st case he just came online and there was no prior interaction with SOMA. He claims that in the 2nd case he sent no /msg messages to SOMA. His screenshot from earlier in this topic confirms he sent no PMs to SOMA shortly before the kick.

P.S. If you want, I can also attach full, unedited console logs. Alternatively, you can get them yourselves by running demos at the highest speed and fetching the result from console.log as usual.

P.P.S. To comment on this:
JmZ wrote:
But we have no context here of the situation at all, so there isn't really anything we can gather other than the fact you were kicked (anything could've happened in-game, we can't tell from just a screenshot).

Elendil attached a demo to his post, and my current post has two demos attached. Make sure to log in if you want to see them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:10 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
soma
Newbie poster


Joined: 27 Feb 2015
Posts: 314
@Elendil: as i told you long long time before, whenever you're talking to me in-gmae you will be kicked, until you want to ask for a ref job.
no more shit talk whenever you're trying to be smart you will be kicked. and please keep annoying and you will be kicked without warning. i think i've told you this long time ago but here we go again.


@Gridfon: get a job
_________________


PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:51 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 545
soma wrote:
@Elendil: as i told you long long time before, whenever you're talking to me in-gmae you will be kicked, until you want to ask for a ref job.
no more shit talk whenever you're trying to be smart you will be kicked. and please keep annoying and you will be kicked without warning. i think i've told you this long time ago but here we go again.


@Gridfon: get a job


Pretty immature response tbh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:15 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Elendil
Newbie poster

Joined: 03 Sep 2013
Posts: 36
JmZ wrote:


Elendil, that is unfortunate to see if what you say is true. But we have no context here of the situation at all, so there isn't really anything we can gather other than the fact you were kicked (anything could've happened in-game, we can't tell from just a screenshot). I'll chat to SOMA and let you know soon about this.

What do you mean about context Jmz? I posted full demo, which lasts at least half an hour.
There were no communications between me and soma, as you can see from the demo. If I PMed anything, it would be in demo.
If you are so suspicious, change extension of "all demos.demo" from *.demo to *.zip and unzip it, there all demos from this day before my kick. Are you going to watch them to see that soma is lier?

To bring more light on "context" here is in the attachment the demo of the game before i got kicked: Elendil-avenue_sep-06.11.2017-2.demo
I was comming T2, and soma was comming T1, and soma lost, probably he was really angry at me for this reason and i got kicked.
You wanted this context, didn't you?
Watch full demo pls, if you're really going to find truth, if not - just say that you aren't interesting in running server.

I really don't care about your server, but as you moved all players to pulse, please find enough time to control inadequate refs like soma.
In other case whole game could die because of your management.

Gridfon wrote:
This is the second time I see Elendil getting indiscriminately kicked from Pulse over the past week.

Thank you Gridfon for helping me in figuring out truth.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:37 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
JmZ
Newbie poster

Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 193
Sorry elendil, it is difficult to keep track of related posts scattered throughout derailed threads.

It would be more helpful if people like Gridfon would complain about their own issues, directly affecting them. Such that the people who were actually affected (you) have their posts seen.

I don't need several posts the size of a book, I need one post concisely explaining what happened and that is enough.

I'll get back to you on this Elendil.

From here on in, please keep posts on-topic. This is not a thread to post complaints (there is a sticky you must follow when posting those, separately). It is a thread to discuss my initial post. Derailment through drama/jokes and forked discussions don't belong here.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:55 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Elendil
Newbie poster

Joined: 03 Sep 2013
Posts: 36
JmZ wrote:
Sorry elendil, it is difficult to keep track of related posts scattered throughout derailed threads.

It would be more helpful if people like Gridfon would complain about their own issues, directly affecting them. Such that the people who were actually affected (you) have their posts seen.

I don't need several posts the size of a book, I need one post concisely explaining what happened and that is enough.

I'll get back to you on this Elendil.

From here on in, please keep posts on-topic. This is not a thread to post complaints (there is a sticky you must follow when posting those, separately). It is a thread to discuss my initial post. Derailment through drama/jokes and forked discussions don't belong here.


My first post with first demo explains everything in one sentence - I was kicked without reason/warning/whatever. You asked details and Gridfon wrote them.
What else explanation I could give? I can't read thoughts of this inadequate kid whom you gave power.

Why you created this topic if you aren't going to stop crazy refs? For what reason?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:27 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 545
JmZ wrote:
Sorry elendil, it is difficult to keep track of related posts scattered throughout derailed threads.

It would be more helpful if people like Gridfon would complain about their own issues, directly affecting them. Such that the people who were actually affected (you) have their posts seen.

I don't need several posts the size of a book, I need one post concisely explaining what happened and that is enough.

I'll get back to you on this Elendil.

From here on in, please keep posts on-topic. This is not a thread to post complaints (there is a sticky you must follow when posting those, separately). It is a thread to discuss my initial post. Derailment through drama/jokes and forked discussions don't belong here.


Possibly the weakest excuse I've ever seen...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:09 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Gridfon
Newbie poster


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 238
JmZ wrote:
It would be more helpful if people like Gridfon would complain about their own issues, directly affecting them. Such that the people who were actually affected (you) have their posts seen.

I posted demos with lots of context that Elendil cannot provide. In particular, they show what happens after he gets kicked. Actually, Elendil asked me to post, exactly for that reason. Need a screenshot proving that, JmZ? Embarassed

Granted, I would have posted regardless. I don't like (what might be) my team's best player getting kicked just because he's team-playing against a ref's team. I think that was the reason my team lost.

Most importantly, this incident prompts an extended discussion about extensive kicks. The discussion that I started, even though you moved it into this thread. The discussion that I intend to continue until I am convinced that all of us are on the same page, not just me and you, JmZ.

JmZ wrote:
I don't need several posts the size of a book, I need one post concisely explaining what happened and that is enough.

Hmm, that's interesting. Just so I know better in the future, what is the best way to improve my previous post? I guess, I could have omitted the first paragraph (although I like to explain why exactly I am posting certain things at certain times, and not earlier). It does look like a massive post, but I think the rest of the information relays the situations as concisely and precisely as possible. If you have a different opinion, I would be interested to hear some specific suggestions.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:05 am
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 3 of 5 [63 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

[ Time: 0.0828s ][ Queries: 17 (0.0042s) ][ GZIP on - Debug on ]