Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:42 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Poll

Move afks?

Yes
100%
 100%  [ 9 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Moving afks at start
Moderators: Community's moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [25 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
drk
Newbie poster

Moving afks at start

I propose to add a script to move afks in 1 minute of the game to specs.
Old Milka's script made a checking during all game.
I propose to make new and run it only once to switch all '0 exp' to specs.
Small (bad) case is that it could switch also active players that just joined.
I think that 1 minute is enough for a player to un-lag after the start, spawn and get some exp.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:33 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
drk
Newbie poster

Added an AFK script.

The main points:
- Checks in 1 minute after the start of the game;
- Runs only once per map;
- Moves only INACTIVE clients and clients with EXP=0;
- Does not touch spectators

Tell me if something goes wrong Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:34 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Marbello
Newbie poster

Finally! Smile

Is there not also a way to move people that go afk during a match?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:34 pm
drk
Newbie poster

Marbello wrote:
Finally! Smile

Is there not also a way to move people that go afk during a match?

Easy. But I think that's not worth it.
A lot of people alt-tab for a while and then come back. It could be bad.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:16 pm
Marbello
Newbie poster

Toxic regularly goes afk for the remaining of a match.
Sometimes people, even me, get lost while alt-tabbing.
What about an exp comparison just every 7 minutes? No damage to be done!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:34 pm
drk
Newbie poster

Marbello wrote:
What about an exp comparison just every 7 minutes? No damage to be done!

That is what old Milka's script doing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:35 pm
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
Milka's script did far more than that. It also compared for example the client's coordinates, and I believe kills and deaths.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:24 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Dingfire
Newbie poster

People like toxic play for a while and then go AFK, I don't agree with basing this script on exp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:10 am
drk
Newbie poster

Dingfire wrote:
People like toxic play for a while and then go AFK, I don't agree with basing this script on exp

Don't you agree to move toxic to specs in this case?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:29 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Dingfire wrote:

I don't know the script but wouldn't it purely be based on exp points?, unless its got some strange coordinates check - but that doesn't necessarily mean afk as you can stand in the one place and repair/build or mine..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:03 am
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
There is a lot of data python scripts can use.
For example: xp, x-, y-, z-coordinates, direction he is looking, weapon-accuracy data, data from chat(, so when he last send something).

If you use all that data, you cannot move, turn, shoot, get shoot, call votes and chat/chatteam. I cannot think of much useful you can do, while not doing that in Savage. Perhaps 'scouting'/observing while dead?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:08 am
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Marbello
Newbie poster

Will a script that checks 7+ variables (x,y,z,xp,direction,accuracy,chat..) of every player not impact server performance negatively? It appears to me that drk's and milka's solutions present the two extremes of the use-cost spectrum. Eventually we can find a balance!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:58 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

yeah, sounds like a laggy method to me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:09 pm
drk
Newbie poster

Marbello wrote:
Will a script that checks 7+ variables (x,y,z,xp,direction,accuracy,chat..) of every player not impact server performance negatively? It appears to me that drk's and milka's solutions present the two extremes of the use-cost spectrum. Eventually we can find a balance!

If you really need it I'd make simply to compare exp + x,y pos (in case of the dead body afk) once per 5 mins. That's enough, imo.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:48 pm
Marbello
Newbie poster

drk wrote:
Marbello wrote:

If you really need it I'd make simply to compare exp + x,y pos (in case of the dead body afk) once per 5 mins. That's enough, imo.

I'd be absolutely loving it. Trying to move afk's during a match to spec is very annoying as the other team often F2's. But well, we've been all in their shoes Wink.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:24 am
Page 1 of 2 [25 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Jump to: