Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Custom vote: Outcome
Moderators: Community's moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
djinghis
Newbie poster

Custom vote: Outcome
Request.

Request for someone to write a custom vote and perhaps implement.

Only python I know is Monty )

Code:
callvote custom outcome

Whats it do: Restricts "concede" and "draw" votes for (5) minutes.
Whats it for: To give the server a chance to finish a game without annoying draw and concede spam.
Who's it for: (Global vote) For the winning team who are close to victory and only need a few minutes to achieve it.

Pass: 70%

Pros: Prevents bad draw votes, prevents concede votes, gives a proper victory.
Cons: May make ppl join spec or leave, can be abused if stackable.

It would be even better if it had a gui element countdown timer next to the game time overlay- (if possible)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:09 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
drk
Newbie poster

I'm not against it.
I'll wait a bit for any other voters.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:51 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Trigardon
Newbie poster

I'm absolutely against the concede vote block. Winning team can spam the block vote to keep farming without actually wanting to end the game which might result in a loss of players due leaving.

I agree on the draw bit, though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:12 pm
drk
Newbie poster

So, 'outcome' is now on.
If you decide to include a concede vote too it will be easy to do for me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:40 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Re: Custom vote: Outcome
Request.

Request for someone to write a custom vote and perhaps implement.

Only python I know is Monty )

Code:
callvote custom no_surrender

Whats it do: Restricts "concede" vote for (5) minutes.
Whats it for: To give the server a chance to finish a game without annoying concede spam.
Who's it for: (Global vote) For the winning team who are close to victory and only need a few minutes to achieve it.

Pass: 80%

Pros: prevents concede votes, gives a proper victory.
Cons: May make ppl join spec or leave, can be abused if stackable.

It would be even better if it had a gui element countdown timer next to the game time overlay- (if possible)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:04 pm
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
Possibly you can consider just disabling concede/draw votes for x minutes after it is called it x times in x period.

A bit like the chat-flood protection, but then for votes. I know that is doable with python!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:16 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

Groentjuh wrote:
Possibly you can consider just disabling concede/draw votes for x minutes after it is called it x times in x period.

A bit like the chat-flood protection, but then for votes. I know that is doable with python!

Although I appreciate flexibility with these votes, Id consider a few issues with pre-determined times/m.

- Unreasonable times = wasted votes.
- Further complication to calling these votes.
- As drk and myself discussed, you only get so many char/ in a string for a vote.
- Anything below 5 minutes is not worth calling, and anything above 10 minutes seems unreasonable in the fast paced action of savage - numerous things can happen in that time.

I think however it would be a nice touch, but some issues more important need to be addressed first such as, their is no output to chat for a pass of this vote thus making it very clear and in effect - changing the behaviour of how both teams play for the next five minutes.
Although I know the GUI/HUD is not really possible, at least a chat output that the vote is in effect would be nice. 30 second elapse of the vote running out and votes are about to be restored would be even better )

[edit] But if you were to implement determined times/m, Id suggest time blocks and pass thresholds be raised /5 minute block i.e
Code:
callvote custom outcome/no_surrender (5)
75% pass
Code:
callvote custom outcome/no_surrender (10)
80% pass
Code:
callvote custom outcome/no_surrender (15)
85% pass
Code:
callvote custom outcome/no_surrender (-1)
(infinite) 90%

Once again 'IF possible )

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:56 am
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
I think you missed what I posted. I mean, why require votes for that?

If a concede vote (for team 2) does not pass twice in 2 minutes, you could deny concede votes for team 2 for like 5 or so minutes automatically. That would prevent the vote spam and doesn't introduce MORE votes!

Instead of the losing team spamming concede, the winning team will now also try to spam the outcome vote.

Would you then introduce another vote to disable the outcome vote?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:32 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

Ah right, I understand.
But there already is a vote spam prevention in place, it would only further add to that not necessarily in a good way. At least with a vote, the players have control and as long as the vote is easy to understand and visibly active. The biggest problem with these votes I believe are ppl who join a team just to call a concede because they want to command a new map "Paulus", they want to make a commander lose "ghitler" or they are just french "phoe" Your idea would be better served as a flood protection from new players joining the server or joining a team - a 2 or 3 minute block to these votes for them would be a good idea. Maybe even block them from voting on draw/concede for a minute or 2 considering they have just joined and shouldn't have a say right away.

And I probably shouldn't have assumed, but I meant for either of these 2 votes NOT be stackable and run out of their designated time before they can be called again. So for example, you call vote custom outcome and "draw"/"outcome" votes are disabled for 5 minutes.

Simplified it a bit below with an additional vote

callvote custom outcome = no draw for 5 minutes 75%pass
callvote custom no_surrender = no concede for 5 minutes 75%pass
callvote custom decider = no draw/concede for 5 minutes 90% pass

Global vote. effect disabling votes for both teams. OFC these votes won't reach their full potential is they are not visibly active in GUI for all current and new players joining.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:54 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

ofc you're are going to call decider while you're building a sneak gar/sub/gate but eventually inverse to that you give away your strategy as well )

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:57 am
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Jump to: