Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
catapult exploit
Moderators: Community's moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
djinghis
Newbie poster

catapult exploit

Sasori won a large game single handed by exploiting over a hill on anvale with a catapult (the usual exploit) the worst thing was that nobody would kick him, possibly due to 5 or 6 Brazilians online with him. He took out all out tech and boasted about if in his usual sub-intellect way.

I'm requesting either...

Remove anvale.
Fix anvale.
Get some refs.

Because the community only care about winning, and when they have 3 or 4 more players, they get the majority vote. I made xr_anvale, but never as a replacement, all that needs doing on 'anvale' is either add blockers or level our that bit of terrain.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:23 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
drk
Newbie poster

I'd remove anvale until somebody fixes it with invizible walls.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:00 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

Ok, it took a while, forgot how to use that crappy editor...

So I've just used blockers on the key areas and tested with cat in each area, the only problem with blockers is they block the camera - so spectators and commanders have a shitty time negotiating around them - but they are xr props sooo.

screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vkxq8eamtzrtvv/anvale_ex.png?raw=1

anvale: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3i1sb2y4uq1sjw/anvale.s2z?dl=0

And fixed this map some time ago if you are interested.

newhope: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvqv7yrk6fkhw3j/newhope.s2z?dl=0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:53 am
Dingfire
Newbie poster

Re: catapult exploit

djinghis wrote:

Get some refs.

oh the irony Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:43 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

djinghis wrote:
Ok, it took a while, forgot how to use that crappy editor...

So I've just used blockers on the key areas and tested with cat in each area, the only problem with blockers is they block the camera - so spectators and commanders have a shitty time negotiating around them - but they are xr props sooo.

screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vkxq8eamtzrtvv/anvale_ex.png?raw=1

anvale: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3i1sb2y4uq1sjw/anvale.s2z?dl=0

And fixed this map some time ago if you are interested.

newhope: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvqv7yrk6fkhw3j/newhope.s2z?dl=0

40 minutes of work, wrote the rule set over months, trying to help drk get the best out of his server.

And what the fuck do you ever do you little selfish prick other than satisfy yourself with god commands to give yourself super weapons. The irony indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:29 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

drk wrote:
I'd remove anvale until somebody fixes it with invizible walls.

If a fix is made, why is it not added?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:42 am
drk
Newbie poster

djinghis wrote:
If a fix is made, why is it not added?

Sometimes I need a kick.
Added fixed izi, anvale, newhope.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:55 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

found an old exploit on anvale and xr_anvale inherited, I'll change the ground texture on xr_anvale while I'm at it as many said it looked like vomit.
And the newhope fix was made over 2 years ago, probalby just need pathing rebuilt, also still not sure why it lags like crazy for me - too much stone> too many buildings maybe.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:46 am
drk
Newbie poster

By the way, don't you think that it's better to use visible mist walls from the cata exploits? Invisible walls are fine but they are unclear for half of the people.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:54 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

drk wrote:
By the way, don't you think that it's better to use visible mist walls from the cata exploits? Invisible walls are fine but they are unclear for half of the people.

The blockers I use generally are obvious to counter very intentional exploits, and you can even visualise in the editor what is traversable (reachable) by the player and what is not with red paint.

1(over hill). Players are not allowed to use catapult or other trajectory weapons to shoot over terrain or built up areas that are not traversable. An exception to this rule is shooting over destructible objects ie. Grimm walls. Continual efforts to exploit in this manner will result in that player being kicked. If the opposing team loses buildings as a result, a referee may compensate the lost resources (stone/gold).

The mist walls are actually water effects used for creating flowing rivers or falling waterfalls and just looks awful used in that way, of course in the past being the only real solution to anti-exploit.
If you think some of the more contentious areas need visual aid - anvale entrances come to mind, id be happy to change from invisible to mist or a better solution if one presents itself. But I think you'd agree that the more obvious hills need not reward players who know exactly what they are doing with visual aid to help them, and at the same time uglifying a map.

https://i.imgur.com/Yv3YmV0.png

You can see just how ugly the effect is especially during the darker time of day, and I'm reluctant to visually rape maps that are not my own, a concept not shared among certain map admins unfortunately. But if you think it's needed, let me know before I do any further edits.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:27 pm
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Jump to: