Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » General Discussion
Daemon please Nerf Ophellia - YOU RUINED SAVAGE
Moderators: Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]  
The Raging Asparagus
Newbie poster

Daemon please Nerf Ophellia - YOU RUINED SAVAGE

DEAR DAEMON,

We cannot play ANY balanced or slightly unbalanced matches anymore..
The entire human defense architecture is collapsing.
The asymmetric balance had been thwart.ed.

STOP THIS CANCELLING SHIELD EFFECT NONSENSE.

we cannot have a normal match anymore.

please please cancel this ability, replace it with anything like revive or shield own structures.. but what you are doing is putting Savage at stake of becoming an unplayable game.

Thank you,
TRA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:43 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Daemon
Newbie poster

There is a new patch up, incidentally made a week before your post but since it needed a bins patch i had to wait for Clemens to return home. Just catch me on Newerth whenever there's something important you want to tell me, i don't visit here much. Bunch of "Feedback" links inside Savage GUI as well, but... yeah.

Either way, i'm totally and fully committed to working towards attaining gameplay equilibrium. Although i agree with the fact that new stuff is bound to break some eggs, we do need an omelette, cuz IMHO, without new content, the game's going to die much faster. Just look at Anti/Shag, they can't stop using (and abusing) Jera!

Which brings me to the cycle i'm using for introducing the new units.
1. At first, make them literally quite ineffective. This way, nobody will cry "OP!" but rather "useless" instead.
2. Buff them little by little, so their skills are (hopefully) are slowly observed and adopted.
3. Wait until people become proficient at using them - and their skills. When used right in this stage, they are OP.
4. Tone them down, bring them to heel, until reaching a balanced state. We're in that stage and it's not going to take much longer, even if your average Savage player is SOOOO picky about everything.

So, please let me know, in the aforementioned way, of how things progress.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:38 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
drk
Newbie poster

From my point of view I'd turn "cancelling skill" to cancel only half of the shield.
So, for example, t2 would require 2 people to sac 1 tower.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:11 pm
Daemon
Newbie poster

drk wrote:
From my point of view I'd turn "cancelling skill" to cancel only half of the shield.
So, for example, t2 would require 2 people to sac 1 tower.

This is how it is right now. It halves the shield power. From 80% damage reduction it reduces it to 40%. But arrow towers are quite weak. Just focus Ophelia and use upgraded towers in front.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:56 pm
The Raging Asparagus
Newbie poster

Don't know what you are talking about Daemon..
It is still 80%

And 40% (which is not right now) is still not good

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:57 pm
Daemon
Newbie poster

Unshielded buildings: 0% armor

Shield tower:
Shielded buildings: 80% armor (80% damage reduction)
Torched (unshielded) shielded buildings: 40% armor

Magnetic outpost:
Shielded buildings: 40% armor
Torched (unshielded) shielded buildings: 20% armor

This can easily be tested by setting up a base with a shield and a tower, then shooting with a summ and counting the shots both with and without Ophelia's Torch skill. Can you test it yourself? Thanks.

Either way, this skill has been severely nerfed. Before this patch, it had a 7s "uptime", meaning that Ophelia could sustain it for that long before running out of mana. Right now it is halved, to ~3.5s. Also, its range was reduced from 100 to 90. Also, Ophelia's cost is doubled, to 1000 stone, to compensate for the extra stone that beasts usually mine.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:35 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Wait what?

I haven't played since the ridiculous addition of these units, but not only has this Daemon guy creeped in units nobody asked for - he's retarding existing mechanics? This guys a joke seriously.
I just wish drk would make a server that reverts all the new unit nonsense so some savage fans can come back and play classic savage. Take out outpost/burrow/guardian/transporter/ophellia/jeraziah id promote it through some YT streamers I know, but id not even suggest it in its current state...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:40 am
Daemon
Newbie poster

Amazing, right? Free new content for a 15yo game mod.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:06 am
The Raging Asparagus
Newbie poster

Daemon wrote:

Just so it will be clear.
I'm totally supporting adding new contents to Savage.
I do hope you are not taking that clown seriously.

I really appreciate what you are doing for the community and personally I think you are a gr8 guy (at least virtually).

This thread is about a specific disastrous ability and absolutely not implying innovation and ingenuity are a problem in Savage.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:47 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

The Raging Asparagus wrote:
DEAR DAEMON,

We cannot play ANY balanced or slightly unbalanced matches anymore..
The entire human defense architecture is collapsing.
The asymmetric balance had been thwart.ed.

STOP THIS CANCELLING SHIELD EFFECT NONSENSE.

we cannot have a normal match anymore.

please please cancel this ability, replace it with anything like revive or shield own structures.. but what you are doing is putting Savage at stake of becoming an unplayable game.

Thank you,
TRA

The Raging Asparagus wrote:
Daemon wrote:

Just so it will be clear.
I'm totally supporting adding new contents to Savage.
I do hope you are not taking that clown seriously.

I really appreciate what you are doing for the community and personally I think you are a gr8 guy (at least virtually).

This thread is about a specific disastrous ability and absolutely not implying innovation and ingenuity are a problem in Savage.

Actually you did imply that by the very title of the thread no less. Did you forget what you wrote?

Maybe before calling anyone a clown, you stop and think about what you write? and don't worry TRA, I'll keep what you said about daemon and patches in-game a secret. (coward)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:50 am
The Raging Asparagus
Newbie poster

Daemon I don't get it..
Currently Ophellia+Sac is about 80% of mortar/shock tower..
Wasn't the patch meant to make it 40%?

Also just look at the last 3 week's win rate b/h..
I think it must be like 75% beast wins

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:38 pm
drk
Newbie poster

I've changed half_armor.state a bit.
Old values:
Quote:
stateSet armorAdd 0.000000
stateSet armorMult 0.50000
stateSet energyArmorAdd 0.000000
stateSet energyArmorMult 0.50000
stateSet siegeArmorAdd 0.000000
stateSet siegeArmorMult 0.50000

New values:
Quote:
stateSet armorMult 0.850000
stateSet energyArmorMult 0.850000
stateSet siegeArmorMult 0.850000

Now 1 sac takes a bit less than 1 half of a mortar tower.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:28 pm
Daemon
Newbie poster

drk wrote:
I've changed half_armor.state a bit.
Old values:
Quote:
stateSet armorMult 0.50000
stateSet energyArmorMult 0.50000
stateSet siegeArmorMult 0.50000

New values:
Quote:
stateSet armorMult 0.850000
stateSet energyArmorMult 0.850000
stateSet siegeArmorMult 0.850000

Now 1 sac takes a bit less than 1 half of a mortar tower.

That's basically a 15% reduction which is quite useless. The other buildings will practically not even feel it. Bad news.

Good news is i returned from a 2 weeks vacation. Greece so fine. Damn. I see Savage is still here. Damn. Even peaked @ 50 players. Damn.

So, apologizing for being away for so long, TRA, i am all for improvement and fixing stuff, have absolutely nothing against removing/redesigning a troublesome skill, as long as it's got good reasons supported by arguments. Also, contrary to whatever clowns may imply, i'm not infatuated with my own work, i'm just not keen on re-working major stuff like models/animations cuz i simply am unable to allocate enough time for that.

So, Asparagus, since i don't visit here much, and all servers should benefit from the changes, please head over here and let's tame this bitch!
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,18788

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:46 am
drk
Newbie poster

Daemon wrote:
That's basically a 15% reduction which is quite useless. The other buildings will practically not even feel it. Bad news.

Buildings keep falling down. It's still very usefull as I can see.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:32 am
Daemon
Newbie poster

1. Maybe theere's something wrong with the numbers.
2. Placebo? Smile
3. They finally started coordinating.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:46 pm
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » General Discussion
Jump to: