Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Referee application - Marbello
Moderators: Pulse's moderators
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
Marbello
Newbie poster

Referee application - Marbello

Good evening,

I play frequently on Pulse during the mornings and would like to make some change for these matches where open exploits are happening on a regular basis. In addition, I'd like to move AFK players to spec as votes often don't go through, stop Hugo's izi spam and mute that brainwashed Turk when he returns from prison.

Since I haven't been a ref before, I'll need to pick how to use commands on players via their UID. Also, I need to stop nick laming since I believe that accountability and transparency are important when being in a position of power. But I look forward to it, also as I like the prospect of experiencing the other side of the table.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to record demos since my little machine isn't capable of that. I play just very rarely on evenings; and during weekends, often not at all. Also, at least during one week of a month I am without internet access.

What else.. am a 28 or 29 year old German in Belgium, I attempt to make great homemade pizzas and am currently on the hunt for growing monster basil plants via a soil-less mix. Relevance? Similar to my age: none.

Shoot me your questions!

Thanks & all the best, Marb

PS: I am not Rin, apparently he/she took over my name during my university years where I didn't play at all.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:10 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

^He buffed me....

F2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:54 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
JmZ
Newbie poster

thanks for the application marbello

will get a vote started

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:56 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Marb tries to kick and mute ppl every game and switch team vote himself to the winning team, his attitude is perfect for the pulse adjudicator team -plz f1.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:02 am
Marbello
Newbie poster

Whereas people to mute
- achiles = an ongoing joke between the two of us
- jegen / element = similiar to achiles, to demonstrate civil disobedience
- phoe = cause he cancelled support
- general = flamewars, racism, icon spamming = to demonstrate absence of refs and inability of server population to govern themselves correctly

and kick
- djinghis = exploits, immediate IP resets after mutes or kicks, selling tech midmatch, wasting team gold on purpose
- hugo / sasori = bailing at the end of matches permanently
- initial = racism, exploits, 5 x accounts in one team (afk/all behe/vote trashing)
- toxic (aka kis my azz ref) = going afk for 3 matches a row, lockspec votes not going through
- general = repetitive acts mentioned under mute, exploiting, bailing

and switchteam
- me = keeping matches longer running, punishing behe spawning of my own team, for fun at the very end of a match
- anti / shag / phoe = balancing teams
- general = reminders for behespawners (as they'd still need to f1), balancing teams prior to match start, moving afk people

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:58 am
Last edited by Marbello on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:06 am; edited 2 times in total
djinghis
Newbie poster

All BS, and everyone knows what you're like. It's plainly obvious you would take the element path of self satisfaction rather than what's best for savage.

application denied...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:48 am
Marbello
Newbie poster

djinghis wrote:
All BS, and everyone knows what you're like.

Can you please be specific on how I am like while relating your answer to my previous posts?
And how can I improve these things?
Or is that just an attempt at empty finger pointing?

djinghis wrote:
It's plainly obvious you would take the element path of self satisfaction rather than what's best for savage.

Actually you're nearly spot on, thanks for your input there!

Indeed, it would give me great self satisfaction to solve the annoyances I mentioned in my application and previous post. Logically, this will be beneficial for savage and the majority of its server population. However, a minority will need to adapt and some might be left behind.

And this, so I think, is your actual fear. That you will fail to change your behavior, that is breaking rules (and pointing towards others that do so) in hope of them then being improved. Unfortunately, doing this infinitely leads naturally to further exclusion of any community. The great ideas that you actually have can and will not be heard. You don't get appreciation for these ideas which is not self satisfactory.

Whether I'll be a ref or not, whether I'll be using commands or votes, I'll continue to guide you towards compliance with the current rule set, so that one day you'll be a little bit more happy too Wink .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:01 am
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Jump to: