Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Poll

Do you want rules to be marked with what kind of punishment they can give?

Yes
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
No, that is not nescesarry
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Yes, but only if it keeps the rules short and simple still.
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Poll: Marking of punishment in rules.
Moderators: Community's moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
bullet
Newbie poster

Poll: Marking of punishment in rules.
Do you want each rule to be standardized to a certain punishment?

Regarding how the rules should be made. The poll is set to last 7 days.

Referees tend to enforce rules different way.

What the poll suggests is simple to standardize the punishment, and put it down in the rules. This way, a referee can simply check the rules if he is unsure about the punishment, and the players can also check it. Note that common sense should still apply; if ref X gives a warning to person Y in a game, and the next game person Y tries to break the same rule again, its past the "warning phase".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simple Example with * -notation to mark the rules (colour codes/numbers or other options are possible too, I think):

Punishments:
* instantly kickable
** kickable after warning/slay/mute/impeach
*** instantly muteable
**** muteable after warning
***** Slayable/movetospec/impeach
-----------------------------
rules:

1 ****. Players are not allowed to insult other players.
- Any kind of racism is not tolerated. Players are not allowed to whine, flame, moan or condemn other players in-game.

2 **. Players are not allowed to exploit the map or the terrain.
- This includes:
- etc.
- etc 2.
-etc 3.

8.* Players are not allowed to run scripts or codes which directly or indirectly affect server performance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ps. im not sure this poll is valid regarding the whole non-hierarchical structure of this server, so im not objecting to delay or wait with this poll if there is objections or similar. The rules mentioned here are just a example, its not the actual punishments, and is a subject open to discussion/polls.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:12 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
I believe defining punishments will be pretty difficult to do right.

I believe sometimes different players sometimes deserve different treatment. Or do you believe referees will warn Brainwashed Turk or other players, who frequently insult or who frequently say racist things, before muting them?

Setting punishments in the rules will remove possibilities like that.

Besides that, referees sometimes need to act quick. You don't want some event to ruin a game, because a referee had to first look up what he could do.

I believe generally referees should do the least possible to keep a good experience on the server.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:43 am
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Trigardon
Newbie poster

Groentjuh wrote:
I believe defining punishments will be pretty difficult to do right.

I believe sometimes different players sometimes deserve different treatment. Or do you believe referees will warn Brainwashed Turk or other players, who frequently insult or who frequently say racist things, before muting them?

Setting punishments in the rules will remove possibilities like that.

Besides that, referees sometimes need to act quick. You don't want some event to ruin a game, because a referee had to first look up what he could do.

I believe generally referees should do the least possible to keep a good experience on the server.

QFT. Everyone who was a referee yet can and should confirm this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Marbello
Newbie poster

There can be a simple rule at the very end saying:
"Continuous rule breaking will result into individual measurements". These can be set up another day.

Saying "it will be difficult for refs to react quickly - which can ruin a match" is not valid. The very few things that can really ruin a match can be easily remembered.
Kick terrain exploiters immediately (if that will be the consequence). Remember? Siege camping/spawning is a different discussion. Maybe its having no defined consequences that lowers the reaction speed of current referees.

And everyone who was not a referee will disagree with it.

You have a wide set of rules there and yet rely upon the individual judgement of referees to control them. Further, you rely upon their individual judgment to condition people that do not follow your rules. So, you do this for years like that, did it work? Did people learn from your personal way of enforcing rules?

As I see it, one day Hugo gets kicked for bailing, another day not. Of course, what he learns from this is that he has a 50% chance of winning a match. And what Initial learns from the way it is dealt with his racist spam is that you are a fucking bastard for kicking him and Pink is a cool guy for letting him get his attention. So he will continue to get attention and further flame you personally.

Luckily, there is either never a referee online or they do not pay attention to the rules unless they effect their very own team. Because they want to play themselves, I understand that.

So how can you do it? How do you find enough "staff" to cover the server for more than one hour per day?
Because finally, are there enough people in this community who have a judgement like King Solomon that you promote here?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:45 pm
Last edited by Marbello on Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
djinghis
Newbie poster

OFC you need cause and effect in the rules, one players says FU to a ref and the ref kicks them, another player exploits and ruins a game and gets slayed - see where I'm going with this?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:21 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

Trigardon wrote:

QFT. Everyone who was a referee yet can and should confirm this.

Grammar...

Adding to the rules "will be slayed" "will be muted" "will be kicked" should in fact help referees not confuse them. At least referees have guidelines and know what's a mute-able offence and what's kick-able. And treating certain players differently is bullying and that's why groent/pulse servers inevitably failed - eg HARDWELL/eLeMeNeT/Trigardon/Dingfire, simply with that concept groent mentioned
Groentjuh wrote:
I believe sometimes different players sometimes deserve different treatment."
referees began to make up their own rules... example djinghis called me a cocksucker, normally that's a mute but it's djinghis = kick. Then someone else calls the ref a name that the ref doesn't get on with - since the said ref is in a kicking mood = kick. And so it perpetuates into the refs doing w/e the fuck they want, creating a little totalitarian server.

If you think certain players deserve different treatment, and you need to mention that, it reveals that the current rules are weak in specificity/guidance/ and structure and testament that they do in fact need punishment listed (completely re-written imo).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:41 am
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Jump to: