Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:28 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Voting system
Moderators: Community's moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
drk
Newbie poster

Voting system

I suggest to define the "voting system" that will let us to apply the new changes (settings, refs, etc).
For example: the vote has to long for N days and to have at least K voters.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:59 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Telvek
Newbie poster

So what about 1 week for the duration?
Im not sure about the amount of votes, this is a difficult question.
I wouldn't set one clear line and everything under it is an insta-decline.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:13 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Marbello
Newbie poster

Telvek wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong but the server is meant to be non-hierarchical. That means votes have equal value and as such a voting duration can be only prolonged by: another vote. So clear lines else insta-decline at highest transparency.

This can be of course tiresome but with enough involvement it will be interesting to see the whole dynamics going on. Populism will rise and then be followed by Nationalism Wink.

A simple majority normally does the job. But is there maybe a more dynamic possibility? One where the voters can decide on whats a pass?

How about each vote must be accompanied by another vote: on a threshold for a pass. And the minimum threshold must be 50%. I am lost with the implications of this. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:31 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

How about votes/voters decisions be made public in a list, the voter must give a reason of say 1 sentence/ 1 reason long as to yay or nay. This reason could be the deciding factor for a secondary vote ie: the applicant has improved over a week or the voters reason was moronic eg: "he's shit". Too much anonymity in savage and I feel that if you're too lazy or stupid to have a good accurate reason for your vote, you deserve less influence.

Looking at map comments is a perfect example. some of my favorites include.

- Shit
- Commander sucked
- Buff whores
- K exploited

Just as some examples Razz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:15 am
Telvek
Newbie poster

Marbello wrote:
Telvek wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong but the server is meant to be non-hierarchical. That means votes have equal value and as such a voting duration can be only prolonged by: another vote. So clear lines else insta-decline at highest transparency.

I think you misunderstood me.
I never mentioned anything about a hierarchy, I even support absolute equality.

With not setting a clear line, i mean that you cannot say >50% is a YES and <50% is a NO.

What if two Players F1 and one F2 ? The vote would pass, however its never representable.
Thats what I mean with the clear line, a percentage of 50% (or 66% ?) sounds fine, however I think that a certain amount of votes is necessary.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm
bullet
Newbie poster

Regarding votes:

1. Time-length of votes: Savage have a lot of people coming back, playing a little, just to leave it again for some time. I suggest the votes last a minimum of two weeks because of this, preferably even 3-4 weeks.

1.1 Number of votes required for it to pass : Considering the back-and-forth trend among players, its reasonable to think that most votes wont be voted on from all in the community. Not to mention, some players dont care about certain settings or rules.
This all implies that the limit for what is to be acceped for a vote to pass, needs to be lower than all of the community. I suggest to divide the suggestions into sections:
1. Server rules: 10 votes required
2. Server scripts: 10 votes required
3. Referee/admin applications: 15 votes required
3.1 Referee complaints: 12 votes required
3.1 Admin complaint: 15 votes required
4. Maps: 8 votes required

3. Creation of votes: All polls must contain the relevant options to choose from regarding the setting/issue it adresses. When the poll ends does also need to be mentioned. In polls with more than two options, the options should be explained in the initial post). In the event that one discover that all options wasnt initially included in the poll, the poll gets restarted.

2. Results of polls: If there is 50/50 in number of votes when the vote time finishes, the vote is declined (no change happends). If there is too few votes for the vote to be valid, the vote can be extended with 2 weeks. In polls with more options than two, for a option to pass it needs more votes than its relative size among the options.

Example: Such that a poll with 3 options: A, B and C. For A to pass it needs more than 1/3 of the votes. In a poll with four options, each option needs more than 1/4 to pass and on it goes. However, in the case where multiple options pass their initial treshold to pass, its only the one with the most votes which pass.

*** Sidenote: If tehcnically possible, I hope the polls can be closed for voting after time X, such that votes after the time-limit is not possible (Maybe groentjuh knows anything about this?) ***

2. When a poll gets finished, regardless of what issue it adresses, it shouldnt be possible to create a new poll on the same issue within some time (lets say 2 months), just because you felt the outcome of the previous vote was unfair (This is obvious to most people, but you never know what is obvious in this community).

3. Creating multiple users to vote on polls on the forum, should not be allowed and punishable by banning from server. Of course, logical evidence/reasoning should be needed for this to happen.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:30 pm
Telvek
Newbie poster

As always, I absolutely agree with you, bullet.

I would just suggest 2 weeks instead of 3-4 Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:00 pm
Marbello
Newbie poster

Two weeks sound also good for me; however, I'd suggest to have the first month a duration of max 1 week - to get things running.

bullet wrote:
In the event that one discover that all options wasnt initially included in the poll, the poll gets restarted.

Or, in this case, the poll gets simply closed/rejected. The starter has of course the option to resubmit in the future a new poll that complies with the requirements. In such a case, Bullets rule suggestion of a 2 month break (see sidenote 2.) doesn't apply.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:43 am
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Jump to: