Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Poll

Move afks?

Yes
100%
 100%  [ 9 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Moving afks at start
Moderators: Community's moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 2 [25 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Asperhead
Newbie poster

Yesterday I was playing 1vs1. At some point both commanders were laughting at something in the chat and we both got moved to spec. We both had EXP and were chatting (certainly not AFK). Can this be fixed?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:25 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
drk
Newbie poster

Asperhead wrote:
Yesterday I was playing 1vs1. At some point both commanders were laughting at something in the chat and we both got moved to spec. We both had EXP and were chatting (certainly not AFK). Can this be fixed?

At this time there is only one checker:
Quote:

if object_type == "CLIENT":
exp = int(server.GetClientInfo(guid, STAT_EXPERIENCE))
if exp == 0:
switch_client(guid)

I doubt that you had exp Confused

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:51 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Asperhead
Newbie poster

drk wrote:
Hmmm... Maybe we haven't, I in fact didn't check that at the moment, I was just assuming because we both had built some stuff. Anyway, it wasn't big deal, we get into each team again and became commander as soon as we hit the buttons.

However, could the chat activity be considered in the script?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:07 am
Marbello
Newbie poster

Asperhead wrote:
drk wrote:
Hmmm... Maybe we haven't, I in fact didn't check that at the moment, I was just assuming because we both had built some stuff. Anyway, it wasn't big deal, we get into each team again and became commander as soon as we hit the buttons.

However, could the chat activity be considered in the script?

Or commanders being excluded from the script?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:53 am
drk
Newbie poster

I won't track any chat avtivity but I can (it's easy) exclude commanders from the script.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:25 pm
Asperhead
Newbie poster

Is it possible to store XPs at a given time and later compare the value with the current one.

Last game I was AFK for like 40 seconds at start (ofc. chatting nonsense, with djinhis), then I spawned and went to kill some monkits and I got moved to spec.
Again, not a problem, I just moved back to team in no time. So the innability to track chat activity is not a real concern.
However, later in the game I got a phone call and I was dead in the field for like two minutes, with my comm falling into despair, and I was not automatically moved to spec.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:20 pm
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
The current script does simply check if you have 0 xp at the 1 minute mark. That means that you either spawn within 30 seconds of the game starting or spawn between 30 and 60 in the game and make sure you gather 1 xp before the 1 minute mark (by mining, building, killing etc).

There are plenty to parameters drk can use to prevent those false-positive, he just needs to use some of them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:17 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
drk
Newbie poster

Asperhead wrote:
Is it possible to store XPs at a given time and later compare the value with the current one.

Last game I was AFK for like 40 seconds at start (ofc. chatting nonsense, with djinhis), then I spawned and went to kill some monkits and I got moved to spec.
Again, not a problem, I just moved back to team in no time. So the innability to track chat activity is not a real concern.
However, later in the game I got a phone call and I was dead in the field for like two minutes, with my comm falling into despair, and I was not automatically moved to spec.

I had an idea to make a command like "!here" or "!back" that moves an afk back to his team or moves a reconnected client back in case if there is no place in his old team.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:30 pm
Asperhead
Newbie poster

I think the false positives are not a problem because you can get back to your team quickly and easily.

However, it would be nice if you could ammend the innability of the script to move to spec actually AFK players past the 1 minute mark. E.g. by checking at every minute the current XPs of each player and the XPs the player had a minute before. Again, no idea if you can store values on variables in this case.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:12 am
drk
Newbie poster

Added an AFK checker for every N minutes (now it's set to 5).
It checks exp, position, stats (close to Milka's old script).
Report if you notice any bugs please.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:47 pm
Page 2 of 2 [25 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Jump to: