Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Wishes/Proposals
Moderators: Community's moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 3 [39 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
drk
Newbie poster

I got it. I suggest to create a vote about it (and then to turn if on for the testing period if nobody is against it).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:05 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Marbello
Newbie poster

Currently, there is a promotional message for this forum saying:

Quote:
Take part to make this server better: goo.gl/PXCnqR

I'd suggest a more explanatory URL structure, that includes also the www, such as.. www.bit.ly/MakeSavageGreatAgain

Am not a texter, surely someone can come up with a better URL.
In case you want to keep the google URL shortening for analytic purposes, you may also simply use another URL forwarder that points towards your analytic URL.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:41 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

Proposal: Name block
Anyone with the name beginning with xr/Xr/XR/unnamed/uttar can't join a team until they change it. if possible.

A lot of the time it's just an annoyance, but sometimes these unnamed players just want to stack and get cheap kills and victories. A small stop-gap to a better future Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:23 pm
Marbello
Newbie poster

What will happen with real newbies? Some of them will get lost that way.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:42 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Marbello wrote:
What will happen with real newbies? Some of them will get lost on the way.

Obviously a message to say that they need to change names, or they can simply ask anyone on the server. Most MMOs force you to name yourself, so unless they've been living in a cave for 20 years, they will understand the simple task.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:09 pm
drk
Newbie poster

djinghis wrote:
Proposal: Name block
Anyone with the name beginning with xr/Xr/XR/unnamed/uttar can't join a team until they change it. if possible.

A lot of the time it's just an annoyance, but sometimes these unnamed players just want to stack and get cheap kills and victories. A small stop-gap to a better future Very Happy

It is possible. But... the script will have to iterate over the list of all clients and watch their names every server frame. Instead of the server checkers I'd ask to implement it on the client's side.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:53 pm
Marbello
Newbie poster

Another thing to ask if they could do something about the (clan) icon spam in chats. I get it, you like oranges, likely even under the shower, but 10 of them every time? Enough!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:40 pm
Asperhead
Newbie poster

Marbello wrote:
Another thing to ask if they could do something about the (clan) icon spam in chats. I get it, you like oranges, likely even under the shower, but 10 of them every time? Enough!
xD
I would only use one line (with 1 to 10 oranges, depending on how hard I laughted) but I don't know how to script to write one orange without sending the chat. I've asked Phoe but he prefers to spam nonsense than to answer a polite question.

PS: can I use oranges in this forum? apples could be good too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:14 pm
drk
Newbie poster

Marbello wrote:

In theory it is possible. The script will have to store and update a lot of chat information about the clients and compare the time.
I can but tbh I don't want to implement this Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:33 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Proposal: Make immobilizer actually immobilize targets, i.e no being able to leap/jump.

The movement slowing is fine ofc preferably a deceleration to a zero movement but that would be tricky.

The real issue is leap, I've been using immobs a lot lately and they simply have little impact in a fight - stopping sacers works well, but in a fight, a beast that can leap while immobilized and can easily reach you and hit you. Thus it's not immobilized at all by definition.

Code:
stateedit imobilize
stateSet jumpMult 0.500000

to

Code:
stateedit imobilize
stateSet jumpMult 0.000000

Ignoring the fact that XR or S2Games spelt "immobilize" wrong, this may or may not restrict leap as I'm not sure if candodge is part of state settings. I haven't tested this but maybe there is a similar way.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:56 am
Trigardon
Newbie poster

djinghis wrote:

Ignoring the fact that XR or S2Games spelt "immobilize" wrong, this may or may not restrict leap as I'm not sure if candodge is part of state settings. I haven't tested this but maybe there is a similar way.

Ignoring the fact that you're an absolute moron - it was S2Games.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:13 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

Trigardon wrote:
djinghis wrote:

Ignoring the fact that you're an absolute moron - it was S2Games.

http://server.groentjuh.eu/search.php?search_author=Trigardon

Your posts are 90% trolling, borderline illiterate and almost exclusively dedicated to me, your comments are not welcome here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:35 am
Marbello
Newbie poster

djinghis wrote:

The real issue is leap, I've been using immobs a lot lately and they simply have little impact in a fight - stopping sacers works well, but in a fight, a beast that can leap while immobilized and can easily reach you and hit you. Thus it's not immobilized at all by definition.

Been using immobs for ages. As not indicated by djinghis, leap is also affected (distance is reduced). I feel that its already a very balanced item that can give the necessary edge vs other players. Balanced, as it is not as overpowered as beast's snare - while humans have relocs.

Logically, I am against turning it into a 90% win item. Sorry, 300 pinger Wink.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:38 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Marbello wrote:
djinghis wrote:

Been using immobs for ages. As not indicated by djinghis, leap is also affected (distance is reduced). I feel that its already a very balanced item that can give the necessary edge vs other players. Balanced, as it is not as overpowered as beast's snare - while humans have relocs.

Logically, I am against turning it into a 90% win item. Sorry, 300 pinger Wink.

I assumed everyone actually played savage here and knew immobilized slowed movements therefore leap (movement is reletive to distance over time), but that's the whole point - being able to leap is NOT immobilized.

Logically it is wrong, so you are for it for all the wrong reasons, and ping has nothing to do with this. Basically, your game-play involves immob then elect even if it's 1 on 1, I've played with you enough to know you don't play with any grace and you waste teams buffs for selfish kills. So your analysis on immob is powerful because you use the one-hit kill noob ability in conjunction, so I'm not basing this on cheap game-play methods - anyone can elect one-hit kill till the cows come home, but normal players prefer to have some challenge.

Besides, if you can't jump or leap but can move and it's too difficult for you, there can be compromise with a lesser slowing or shorter period etc etc. The ability to leap during immobilization allows beast to almost fight as normal, and even for me it has little effect as I can leap in and out of range easily.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:46 am
Marbello
Newbie poster

Pardon me but I have to counter some of your claims:

djinghis wrote:
a beast that can leap while immobilized and can easily reach you and hit you.

Not true. Immobs can be thrown to a certain distance. If you manage to hit your target at the limit of your throwing range, it will not reach or hit you for some time - as long as you keep moving away from your target.

djinghis wrote:
I've been using immobs a lot lately

You are using an item for a short period at a high frequency. This doesn't make you a good candidate for judgments or even proposing game mechanic changes with regard to that item. I am using this item for very long time. Reflective, its very strong but has of course a learning curve. This curve is steeper for someone with a ping of 300, as it appears to be more difficult to hit someone at throwing range. So maybe use the item for a longer period of time before making quick judgments.

djinghis wrote:
your game-play involves immob then elect even if it's 1 on 1

Not true. Only sometimes I use this overkill method for MVP's, strategic targets and finally to let short sighted people rage and thereby demoralizing their whole team. Apparently with great success, as someone creates a whole stereo/mono-type out of my niche method. So I question again your ability to make observations, reflections, judgments - and finally to propose game mechanic changes.

Because 40% of my time, its actually immob, flux, immob flux. The other 50% its just immob, block, letting my teammates shoot, doing the final hit myself. So it does already give a good advantage - if you learned how to use it.

Repeating myself, the game is in a relative balance with regard to immobilizers & snares (humans / beasts) and their relating counter methods. Both items give a powerful advantage, and both advantages can be reduced by opponents (via relocators or leaps).

This one might be hard to understand but human relocator nullifies the effect of snares. On the other hand, beasts leap reduces the effect of immobilizers. So, your proposition of deleting beasts ability to counter effects of immobs would actually further unbalance mechanics of the game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:08 am
Page 2 of 3 [39 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Jump to: