Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:00 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Community Rules
Moderators: Community's moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 3 [36 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
djinghis
Newbie poster

drk wrote:
Unfortunately I am not able to make any kind of the timer or to block sub/gar entrance.

Naturally server settings are limited, id hope that it would be implemented as a core function in the game, and when I say "hope" we're dealing with XR devs here so I use the term loosely.

It has had the potential to solve so many problems at at once.
-general camping
-commanders using siege
-med spamming around gars

@Marb It's not about eliminating commanders use of a unit or even punishing them for using one, 1 minute is ridiculous and they can't elect themselves now that xr have broken that aspect.
You either separate commanders as commanders and nothing more - ie can't spawn at all, or you let them have equal abilities as every other player.

It's almost not worth having a vote on the matter if only 7 people are using this site? suppose we can request more in game join up. ofc a comm siege vote rule is only partial to general camping and only when a ref is around, but w/e europe wants i guess Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:17 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

http://server.groentjuh.eu/viewtopic.php?t=1031

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:21 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Asperhead
Newbie poster

Except for the condescending view of XR devs, I agree with djinhis.
Oh, and also I agree with Marb, 25 seconds is not enough. I stick to my suggestion of totally forbidding reentrance to spawn point until siege unit is used as a siege unit (i.e. attack an enemy building), be it 1 minute or 3.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:09 pm
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
[sarcasm]Personally I would love if it was impossible to chat anything insulting and bad on the server, so that we do not need any rules regarding chat. I would also love if server could automatically prevent any and all exploits, so we do not need that rule as well.

Actually in a perfect world, no rules are needed cause all bad behaviour in Savage would be impossible and no one would do that!

I believe all that should be core functions of the game and I hope the XR developers will implement all those functions![/sarcasm]

It's fun to discuss ways that might prevent the need to forbid a commander from spawning as siege unit, but should you make the rules around features that do not exist yet?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:10 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

Groentjuh wrote:
[sarcasm]Personally I would love if it was impossible to chat anything insulting and bad on the server, so that we do not need any rules regarding chat. I would also love if server could automatically prevent any and all exploits, so we do not need that rule as well.

Actually in a perfect world, no rules are needed cause all bad behaviour in Savage would be impossible and no one would do that!

I believe all that should be core functions of the game and I hope the XR developers will implement all those functions![/sarcasm]

It's fun to discuss ways that might prevent the need to forbid a commander from spawning as siege unit, but should you make the rules around features that do not exist yet?

[sarcasm] Let's make a rule around commander spawning siege until they implement it in core fuctions, it's been a rule fore 12 years - no drama - let's wait another 12 [/sarcasm].

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:20 pm
Clemens
Newbie poster

Wrong forum to request XR features.
And forcing the server, via python scripts, to makeshift handle these matters is going to slow down the server with all the related consequences.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:17 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

[edited] rule set.

2.(unit restrictions). Siege units are strictly forbidden for commanders, and if commanders use said units, they will be slain. If commanders persist in spawning siege, a referee may lock them to spectator or kick them from the server.

We can assume the poll will pass http://server.groentjuh.eu/viewtopic.php?t=1031

Being limited to server settings is hard but we can't rely on XR at this time, so I guess it will be that stop gap rule for another 12 years.
So any rules you think needs work/added/removed?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:29 am
Clemens
Newbie poster

If nobody posts on XR forum asking for XR features, there will be no new XR features. Wink
I'm not running after the community anymore; lazy community = lazy devs.
There are multiple threads for siege change discussions available, including how to limit camping or comms.

But hey, it's a lot easier to tell drk to "somehow solve it" with server scripts than actually think about it. Rolling Eyes
This saves me the trouble of having to design and code it as well. You've convinced me - I'm in! Where do I sign? Good luck drk.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:32 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

http://server.groentjuh.eu/viewtopic.php?p=8393#8393

About non-English in chat.
If you want it - go vote.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:16 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

drk wrote:

For example when a new player takes summoner and see that half of the shield is visible over the mountain. In this case a player is not guilty if he starts to shoot on it. It's more like a map's problems
g'n'g's rules say: "Shooting over hills with catapults, or weapons with similar characteristics, if the map design does not allow it" is better as for me.

http://server.groentjuh.eu/viewtopic.php?t=1033

I just think of how hard this would be to police and glad I'm not a ref Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:10 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

Yeah I don't think anyone understood/cared about my last vote regarding siege over hills, so although the vote has 2 days to do, the current 2 votes are polar opposite. I'm uncertain about adding an exception to the over terrain rule for the following reasons.

1: The difference between what's visible for the player and what's marked are too similar, and then what's unmarked and unseen is simply memory muscle and educated guessing. All of these are not discernable enough to warrant sub-sets of incongruous rules and exceptions.
2: As mentioned by drk/asper and many others, it's a map issue you can say in almost every circumstance, and Marbs idea of a thread for fixing these issues seems the best option. So long as everyone understands the maps can be updated on drks server only.
3: The amount of work required by a ref to simply witness the event to make judgement is just asking too much
i.e the players cries wolf.
A referee joins spec as soon as possible.
The exploiter heard the player cry wolf, and stops.
A whole team hates the referee who didn't witness the exploit.

So I declare, the rules are ready for use, and any objections need to be raised asap. But no harm in using what's available right now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:30 am
drk
Newbie poster

I suggest to vote for the current rules as they are and to move next. We can modify them at any noment.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:40 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

What exactly should be the nature of this vote? yes: have rules, no: have no rules?

[edit]
-added "*Excessive spawning is generally more than 2 occasions, however the discretion and judgement of the referee at the time must be respected." Keynote

-fixed a grammar error in (on buildings) section.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:29 am
drk
Newbie poster

djinghis wrote:
What exactly should be the nature of this vote? yes: have rules, no: have no rules?

First is to finish discussion about the list of the rules here and then to make a final vote like:
- Agree to turn on this list of the rules
- F2 (with a reason why)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:10 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Well I gave it a month for anyone to raise issues or suggestions, and turns out nobody cares or wants rules, - suits me fine tbh.

But if you want to move forward with this drk, by all means - I'm not active in game atm but you can msg me and I will get the notification should you need me to amend the rules.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:36 am
Page 2 of 3 [36 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Jump to: