Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Custom callvotes
Moderators: Community's moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
drk
Newbie poster

Custom callvotes

Now admins got an option to build their custom scripts/votes for the server.
My first one is a custom vote that bans siege for the selected player by the end of the round.

Example:
Quote:
/callvote custom camper XR_FirstTimePlayer

Pass percent is 80%. Both teams can take part in the voting (it's a changable parameter)

What does it do?
If vote passes it does two things:
a. If a player is still on the field with a siege he will be turned into a nomad/scavenger depending on his race.
b. Everytime when the player will try to spawn with a siege he will be also turned into a nomad/scavenger.

In the end of the game all 'banned' players will be 'unbanned'.

Your feedback is welcome. Any new valid wishes about the custom votes are also welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:47 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Trigardon
Newbie poster

Does it refund the money spent on the siege? Because if not, it's abusable.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:50 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
drk
Newbie poster

Yep. Need to add it. Need to test it first.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:05 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Why have XR not implemented this properly yet? - can't it simple grey out the selection process from the GUI level?. Being able to loadout with the unit that's supposed to be banned is just nonsense.

BTW, I support this vote and would suggest raising the cost of siege also from balista $4000 to $5000 and cata $8000 to $10000 considering ppl like small maps now days, siege spamming is sadly rewarded - phoe/kini wink wink.
Also, maybe it's a bit harsh to swap out a unit while it's on the field - shouldn't they have a last chance? I can imagine a cata about to take out lair and t2 call the custom vote and the lair stays up because the catapult is suddenly a nomad lol.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:18 am
drk
Newbie poster

Added gold-replenishment for the team.

djinghis wrote:
Also, maybe it's a bit harsh to swap out a unit while it's on the field - shouldn't they have a last chance? I can imagine a cata about to take out lair and t2 call the custom vote and the lair stays up because the catapult is suddenly a nomad lol.

It was made more for Behes and Sums.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:54 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

I've called this vote maybe 4 or 5 times and It's never passed - seems like it needs like an 85% pass rate or smt. seems a little high?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:40 am
drk
Newbie poster

djinghis wrote:
I've called this vote maybe 4 or 5 times and It's never passed - seems like it needs like an 85% pass rate or smt. seems a little high?

Yes. It is 80% now. Also there is a setting to let both teams vote for it (I think that one of the teams will always press f2 btw). We can test it to remove one of the teams to vote for it and in the same time to leave the current pass-percent.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:18 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Re: Custom callvotes

drk wrote:

Pass percent is 80%. Both teams can take part in the voting (it's a changable parameter)

Both teams can call the vote? and both teams can vote?

drk wrote:

Yes. It is 80% now. Also there is a setting to let both teams vote for it (I think that one of the teams will always press f2 btw). We can test it to remove one of the teams to vote for it and in the same time to leave the current pass-percent.

The camper usually only affects the opposing team, so which team calls the vote and which team gets to vote?
Seems unlikely someone would restrict their team mate unless they are actually blocking spawning or something.

The vote is a step forward but Savage resurrection solved this easily with re-enter timers and unit cooldown, behe camping was just not feasible.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:48 am
drk
Newbie poster

Re: Custom callvotes

djinghis wrote:
Both teams can call the vote? and both teams can vote?

I didn't check it by myself but I think that it should be like 'team1 calls a vote and only team1 can vote on it'. Now it is 'any team calls a vote and everybody can vote'.
djinghis wrote:

The vote is a step forward but Savage resurrection solved this easily with re-enter timers and unit cooldown, behe camping was just not feasible.

There is new 'sv_siegeReenterInterval' but I hadn't tried it yet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:47 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

As well as the siege re-enter, can you see any spawn-time related vars?

My concern is siege spam, and although the vote (camper) helps as well as commanders not being able to use siege, there is a flaw even still when a player can spawn catapult 15 times in a row from critical flag maps like kini and izzi. The cat only needs to get a hit or 2 each time and can fund a spamming situation where beasts are reduced to behe camping flags or sac spamming to counter. Although some like this mindless game-play, I suspect most prefer a bit of variety.
The same can be said against behemoth spam from flags - both races are devastating using siege spam, but is it really the kind of game-play we want to promote for savage?

If any python related vars are exposed for spawn-time, I request incremental time multipliers based on unit cost, so that players re-think using an $8000 behe or catapult and have more value for life - what do you think?

Sorry if I've already asked this, been a while )

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:27 am
drk
Newbie poster

At this time there is no option to make a 'ReenterInterval' for all units. Only 'sv_siegeReenterInterval'. My bad I still hadn't tried it. I can do it if you want. But I guess this interval will be the same for all siege.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:09 pm
drk
Newbie poster

Fixed afk script to ignore coms.
Made april-fools vote to toggle those items. It's off by deafult.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:46 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

drk wrote:

The weapons are available when the game starts and only off during warmup btw.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:35 am
drk
Newbie poster

djinghis wrote:
drk wrote:

The weapons are available when the game starts and only off during warmup btw.

Strange thing. Checked it on my local test server and it was fine. Anyway thanks, I'll check it one more time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:06 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

GJ, it's fixed now,

The only thing I like about the AFPrank is boomerang spam from commander perspective, it's a nice effect - but ofc it has no place in savage and I will never call the vote. "^

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:17 am
Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Jump to: