Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Sneaky Devs
Moderators: Community's moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
djinghis
Newbie poster

Sneaky Devs

Well they've done it again, added on the excuse it's an "April fools" and quite deliberately not removed it 8 days later.

Meanwhile
> Large maps lag, no matter the server.
> Some XR trees have artefact collision bugs.
> XR maps lag.
> Units get stuck on jagged collision on most props.
> Fireward/sac/ switch has GUI bugs and sometimes you can't research sac at all.
> Non compatibility of a shitload of function with TS maps and some standard old maps.
> Ignore function as convoluted and poorly designed as it is, still does not carry out its main function - ignoring a client.
> Flux dmg/sec exceeded server framerate thus the age old perceived "flux lag" still exists.
> Missing objects, versioning bug, sometimes after reconnecting.
> Missing swing animation bug, more prominent in the last year or two - go figure.
> Untested and therefor broken GUI presets with new GUI additions.
> Large collision planes protruding out of some type trees (I have SSs) leading to bullets stopping mid air and units getting stuck.
> Non-contiguous collide meshes and unwelded points making physics calculations unnecessarily exponential causing server drain.
> New players having to install the game 2 and 3 times to be able to join a server, I tested myself - took a re-install. very outdated build.
> OpenGL Libs outdated, I'm sure some performance can be gained by updating.
> Workers freeze when one dies next to them.
> Workers path to sub/gars over SH/Lair despite being closed off and the SH/Being open and right next to them.
> One-way gate exploit.
> Can still build on players far too easily.
> Can kill spawn flags with physics object.
> Can attack during spawn Invulnerable time allowing you to hit but not be hit.
> can walk on RC and jump on flat ground, name a building where you can walk on its roof without climbing.
> Shield complex collision when it need custom simplified collision for projectiles, exaggerated with summoner accuracy setting. Too many misses while pointing right at it.
> Spires build area is ridiculously large based on its bounding box, needs custom BBox to measure to human tower size.
> Building on maps edge sometime create a dummy building that can't be built or used.
> Research on buildings that die before it's done should be reimbursed or at least partially i.e: 1% of research was done before building died, reimburse 99% of the stone cost.
> Health pack drops remove melee skill, especially around mass kills where the pickup is not visible to the opponent rewarding buff kills with random health bonuses.
> Chiprels dropping health packs 4 times there size is for disney games.
> Summoner sprint is stupid > rewards siege camping.
> Ballista sprint is stupid > rewards siege camping.
> Chaplin potions make siege immortal 1 on 1 even with blaze. > rewards siege camping.
> Block and item use stacking rewards macro scripts and makes beasts gameplay un-fun and unrewarding.
> Block having zero cooldown rewards block spamming and not block timing.
> Item switch from med to relocator to flux or coil obv has no animation and is instant > rewarding yet again macros and even without, makes humans twitchy, unrealistic, unpredictable and superior in combat combined with meds (1280 hp vs 640) and superior weapons ofc.
> Predator has bad animation timing, making early and late swings not visually synchronised, leading to a perceived lag in combat.
> "Immobiliser" spelled wrong throughout code and gui.
> Immobiliser and snare having to hit ground to activate and not target leads to many wtf's and less and less people use it as a result.
> You can still reconnect while on the field buy joining another server and rejoining the game in less than 1 second - leading to stat padding.
> Players are rewarded by relocating more, rewarding camping.
> Buildings dropping raw red stone is stupid.
> Frenzy crystal drops are stupid.
> Mana crystal self drop, takes 3 seconds before you can pick it up - and why drop something only to pick it up and use it again > stupid.
> Removed "timescale", was great for new players on my server to practice melee, and was great for recording 60fps footage with 100% frame accuracy post process. now gone - why > stupid.
> Com and spec camera blocked by "Invisible blockers"

Just to name a few Wink

But hows the boomerang removal vote going drk?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:54 am
Last edited by djinghis on Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Daemon
Newbie poster

Now that you mentioned it, i do require your input because i'm not sure whether i should give boomerang a plain wood texture or keep the aboriginal drawing. :/ Decisions, decisions...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:32 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

drk wrote:
Fixed afk script to ignore coms.
Made april-fools vote to toggle those items. It's off by deafult.

The server admin has disabled it, it's easy to see the real April fool now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:42 am
Daemon
Newbie poster

[09:07 AM] Daemon: hey
[09:07 AM] Daemon: u busy?
[09:08 AM] Daemon: could you add a custom vote to disable/enable the april fools weapons?
[09:24 AM] drk: Should be possible.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:38 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

djinghis wrote:
Well they've done it again, added on the excuse it's an "April fools" and quite deliberately not removed it 8 days later.

Daemon wrote:
[09:07 AM] Daemon: hey
[09:07 AM] Daemon: u busy?
[09:08 AM] Daemon: could you add a custom vote to disable/enable the april fools weapons?
[09:24 AM] drk: Should be possible.

http://hoaxes.org/af_database/permalink/rules

Quote:
No Pranks After Noon
This rule appears to be peculiar to English-speaking countries. The custom is that pranks can only be perpetrated until twelve o'clock noon. After that time, anyone who tries to play a prank is himself (or herself) the fool.

April fool's gone past,
You're the biggest fool at last;
When April fool comes again,
You'll be the biggest fool then.

[Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:42 pm AEST] [9 days after April fools] ofc, even if you ignore this rule, it is "April fools DAY" not week, not month - nor is it an excuse to push changes to savage in a sly way.

[8:45 PM] Lazy Dev: Hey server admin
[8:45 PM] Lazy Dev: U not lazy?
[8:45 PM] Lazy Dev: Can you disable my update I'm too lazy to do myself?
[8:45 PM] Server Admin: If I must Sad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:49 am
Daemon
Newbie poster

So would the Lazy Dev be forgiven for this trespassing if he assisted the Server Admin in his endeavor for 2 hours, providing the necessary commands for disabling/enabling the weapons and by helping with updating and debugging Server Admin's somewhat faulty test server?

[4/4/2018 9:07:29 PM] Daemon: hey
[4/4/2018 9:07:38 PM] Daemon: u busy?

[...]

[4/4/2018 11:03:10 PM] Daemon: thanks
[4/4/2018 11:03:11 PM] Daemon: gn!
[4/4/2018 11:03:18 PM] drk: bye

Cuz if that doesn't help redeem Lazy Dev, i don't know what will... But maybe because he's also sneaky, he should just take over Server Admin's server and enable the april fools FOR EVER!

Oh and thanks, just noticed my clock was set for AM instead of PM.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:21 pm
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
drk wears the title: "XR Coder", which is the title all XR developers have. He likely also has all related permissions, so...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:24 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Community Server Forums
Jump to: