Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:25 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
Feathers
April 19 1994 (30 year old)

Forum index » Off Topic » Other Games
Sins of a Solar Empire
Moderators: Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
hmz
Newbie poster

Sins of a Solar Empire

Anyone know this one?

So your in space, planets, stars, asteroids. 3 Fighting Factions

You got your home planet but you want more, you explore, build ships, colonize other planets, harvest metal and crystal and earn money by tax and trade. These can be exchanged in the black market.

You got Pirates you have to pay off (place a bounty on one of your enemys)

You have a Military and Civilian and Fleet tech tree.

The Military and Civilian tree have like 8 Tiers or so, wich you can unlock by building Miltary Research Labs and Civilian Research Labs, each lab you build unlocks the next tier.
Your fleet tree is divided in two rows of 10 upgrades, the upper row is for Capital ships (the big mommas)
The row underneath is for fleet capacity (your supplys) Each upgrade lets you build more ships but also increases upkeep. (When your experienced you won't have a problem managing your budget so you get income, research and build an army at the same time, whilst expanding to other planets and upgrading your current planets infrastructure.

This game has alot of maps of various sizes, how long the game lasts is up to the amount of planets, players and personal skill.

In short, Space exploring, planet colonizing, making an Army mixture of Light Frigates, Heavy frigates, Capital Ships and other type of ships.
You get to build trade posts so you get income from trading between planets (and allies), you get refineries wich make transports to increase your metal and crystal extraction income,
You even have your own broadcast center to spread your culture to nearby planets so they will begin revolt if your culture is high enough.

Also in the last tier there will be superweapons, thats always nice.

Now, in the beginning this game can be a bit tedious, not knowing what to do and stuff, ships move a little slow, I play at full speed, but to get to know stuff in a smooth way it's better to play normal speed.

Once you get into this game you have hours of fun. (**PERSONAL OPINION*)

I don't know how old it is, looks nice and it's fun, if you can get it free sure try it out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:35 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Tjens
Newbie poster

i played it for a month untill it became repeditive, but last week i reinstalled it becouse i missed the uber scale feeling you get form it ^^

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:46 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » Off Topic » Other Games
Jump to: