Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
INFO: Official Server Rules!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Skuggi
Newbie poster

INFO: Official Server Rules!
for Groentjuh's & Girls'

Groentjuh's & Girls' server rules.

Player Rules:

1. Players are not allowed to insult other players.
- Any kind of racism is not tolerated. Players are not allowed to whine, flame, moan or condemn other players in-game.

2. Players are not allowed to exploit the map or the terrain.
- This includes:
* Shooting over hills with catapults, or weapons with similar characteristics, if the map design does not allow it.
* Staying on top of a building to attack it or to gain unfair advantage by doing so. This can only be excepted if the roof of the specific building is directly and easily accessible, regardless of player race.
* Avoiding map limitations using glitches, e.g. getting over grimm's wall.
* Abusing the terrain to get to places other players can’t get to.
* Utilizing damage blow-back (i.e. being hit by a behemoth) to reach otherwise unreachable areas. In case a player finds himself in such a spot he is to take the most direct route the same way back.

3. Players are not allowed to take the commander seat to start a game and afterwards leave the commander seat again.

4. Players are not allowed to talk in a language except English.
- Foreign languages can only be used in global chat for no more than a few sentences. It is allowed to contact other people in your own language, afterwards please make use of /msg or spectator chat.

5. Players are not allowed to impersonate other players or use other players’ clan tags and/or icons.

6. Players are not allowed to camp at spawn locations with siege units.
- Camping suggests that the unit is not attacking and waiting for someone to come close to kill them.
- Excessively spawning as the behemoth unit, solely for defensive purposes, will be considered camping.
- This rule does not apply at the end of a game when going siege is practically the last way to defend.

7. Players are not allowed to switch teams after the game has started.
- This can be excepted if either team is heavily outnumbered.

8. Players are not allowed to run scripts or codes which directly or indirectly affect server performance.

Commander rules:

9. Commanders are not allowed to place buildings to gain unfair advantage.
- E.g. building garrisons or sublairs behind walls to make players spawn on the other side.

10. Commanders are not allowed to bail.

11. Commanders are not allowed to spawn as siege units.

12. Commanders are not allowed to place buildings on top of players.

13. Commanders are not allowed to place buildings on top of flags.
- It is allowed to build buildings surrounding the flag.

14. Commanders are not allowed to place gateways at locations that cannot be reached by players.

15. Commanders are not allowed to destroy their team's technology to end a game.

Concerning Votes:

16. Players are not allowed to call kick votes for no reason.
- If no reason is specified after a kick vote has been started, it will be stopped.

17. Players are allowed to call message votes as long as they do not break Rule 1.
- A message vote can be stopped by a referee without any given reason.

18. Players are allowed to call impeach votes during the warm-up stage.
- Once the game has started players should use the elect commander vote instead. However, impeach votes can still be used if it's necessary to get rid of a commander right away.
- Referees can take action as they see fit if a newly elected commander does not wish to remain in the commander seat.

Concerning Referees:

19. Respect the referees and their decisions. In case the rules are unclear concerning any of the topics above the referees will decide how to apply them.

20. Referees will punish you if you break any of the rules or if you misbehaved in a way that might not be literally listed in the rules.

21. Referees are not allowed to use their powers solely for personal gain or to give themselves an unfair advantage over other players.

22. Referees may be kicked from the server by other referees if they do not reveal their real nickname when asked to.

These rules may be edited by administrators, in which case a post will be made noting what has been changed.
Note: These rules are heavily based on newerth.com official rules template with some slight modifications. Thanks to Newerth.com's EXZORE.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:14 pm
Last edited by Skuggi on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:25 pm; edited 7 times in total
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Skuggi
Newbie poster

As you can see these rules are almost the same as the ones that are used for Newerth.com EvO's server. We had been using that template but it didn't seem absolutely clear and we were getting questions about rules. Especially since the server is called 'Newerth.com Groentjuh's & Girls''. And Newerth.com and Girls have different rules... We decided to post the rules for the server officially so there wouldn't be any doubt.

Our rules are very heavily based on Newerth.com's rules, since we've unofficially been using their rules for all this time. We did, however, make some changes. Most of those changes are very minor and shouldn't change much. For the most part I've tried to make the rules more standardized and easier to read through.

Most of these changes shouldn't affect most players, but I'll try to list the slightly larger alterations to Newerth.com's rule set.

Player rules:

Very slight alterations to rule 1 and 2.

Rule 6: About siege camping, added a clarification on behe-spawning.

Rule 7: New rule

Rule 8: New rule

Commander rules:

Simplified several rules.

Rule 15: Commanders aren't allowed to spawn at all when the server has more than 50 players.

Concerning votes:

Altered some rules slightly.

Removed some unnecessary rules.

Rule 17: No restart votes after the first 5 minutes instead of 10.

Rule 20: New rule.

Concerning referees:

Pretty much the same.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:24 pm
Last edited by Skuggi on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:23 am; edited 4 times in total
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djargon
Newbie poster

are the rules also posted on newerth?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:50 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
djargon wrote:
are the rules also posted on newerth?

No yet, we'll make it a more informative topic for newerth!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:10 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djargon
Newbie poster

oké :p

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:24 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
deathrevenge
Newbie poster

nice ty:)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:35 pm
herO
Newbie poster

i made a tinyurl for easy copy/paste

http://tinyurl.com/groenrules

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:30 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Feathers
Newbie poster

whats the camp time b4 you can slay?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:17 pm
Skuggi
Newbie poster

Feathers wrote:
whats the camp time b4 you can slay?

That's optional for the most part. But you might want to make sure that people are actually camping before you slay - should have some tolerance. It's mostly the 'excessive' camping we're trying to prevent.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:58 pm
Skuggi
Newbie poster

Re: INFO: Official Server Rules!
for Newerth.com Groentjuh's & Girls'

Rules changed - Date: 10.01.2011

The following rules have been removed and no longer apply on Newerth.com Groentjuh's & Girls' server.

Quote:
Commander rules:

- Commanders are not allowed to resign from their seat if the number of players on the server exceeds 50.

We've come to the decision that the commander spawning rule should be removed. It's hard to enforce and we don't see it as necessary. In these large matches having one more player on the field doesn't change that much and may even harm the team as the commander won't be able to "command". It's up to the commander.

Note that this does not change the fact that once you elect yourself as commander you should remain in the commander seat throughout the game unless you find someone else who wants to take over. But commanders are allowed to spawn temporarily (e.g. to repair, kill gates).

Quote:
Concerning Votes:

- Players are not allowed to call restart votes after the first 5 minutes of a match have passed.

- Players are not allowed to call draw votes unless no team makes significant progress at gaining control over the map for at least 20 minutes.

These rules concerning votes have become obsolete due to server triggers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:33 pm
Sheepish
Newbie poster

Skuggi wrote:
Rules changed - Date: 10.01.2011

The following rules have been removed and no longer apply on Newerth.com Groentjuh's & Girls' server.

Quote:
Commander rules:

- Commanders are not allowed to resign from their seat if the number of players on the server exceeds 50.

We've come to the decision that the commander spawning rule should be removed. It's hard to enforce and we don't see it as necessary. In these large matches having one more player on the field doesn't change that much and may even harm the team as the commander won't be able to "command". It's up to the commander.

Note that this does not change the fact that once you elect yourself as commander you should remain in the commander seat throughout the game unless you find someone else who wants to take over. But commanders are allowed to spawn temporarily (e.g. to repair, kill gates).

Can we get this rule back ? its a rule i used and want to use, i found it easy enough to enforce.

Or can we have the original setting where no gold can be taken when no commander is present ?

Mt reason for this is it sucks when you sneak a summ half way around a map to kill the shield for the commander to resign then come and coil you

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:46 am
Skuggi
Newbie poster

Sheepish wrote:
Can we get this rule back ? its a rule i used and want to use, i found it easy enough to enforce.

No, I don't think we'll be adding it again. It's working out quite well right now and I think you're the first person who asks for it back. The rule only "prevented" commanders from spawning if there were more than 50 players online, and one more player on the field in such large teams doesn't really make a difference. In my opinion keeping it is more trouble than it's worth (especially for refs).

By hard to enforce we mean: You'll have to watch the commanders very carefully to catch them when they spawn (to /ref setcmdr/slay). And it's hard to punish them (via /ref impeach/kick) without it affecting everyone else on the server.

Sheepish wrote:
Or can we have the original setting where no gold can be taken when no commander is present ?

That has more cons than pros. If the commander has to leave for some reason the team is left without access to gold. What I would suggest is some kind of delay when resigning; so that comms have to wait e.g. 5-10 seconds to spawn after hitting the resign button. But that would take some coding or stuff which I'm not into.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:45 pm
Sheepish
Newbie poster

well its killed the server for me ... i dont wanna play there no more cos it ruins the game for the player on the opposite team :/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:55 am
djargon
Newbie poster

Skuggi wrote:
Sheepish wrote:

No, I don't think we'll be adding it again. It's working out quite well right now and I think you're the first person who asks for it back. The rule only "prevented" commanders from spawning if there were more than 50 players online, and one more player on the field in such large teams doesn't really make a difference. In my opinion keeping it is more trouble than it's worth (especially for refs).

By hard to enforce we mean: You'll have to watch the commanders very carefully to catch them when they spawn (to /ref setcmdr/slay). And it's hard to punish them (via /ref impeach/kick) without it affecting everyone else on the server.

we also have to watch them if they spawn siege, becaus thats still not allowed, so we already have to watch for them.

and to be honest i'm also not for commanders spawning. they have a whole team to defend, so he just has to ask his team to defend.
i can understand that if you sneaked the team you don't wanne face a commander that spawns, becaus that ruins the fun of sneaking into base Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:09 pm
---JaMeS---
Newbie poster

I think it's too difficult to punish a commander for breaking this rule. The only way I can see that people will stop resigning is if they know they'll get impeached/kicked for doing it, but kicking/impeaching will cause so much flaming until people get used to it. It would just wreck the game for the rest of the team. slaying the spawned comm probably wouldn't happen in time for any effect.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:16 pm
Page 1 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Jump to: