Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum » Feedback, Complains and Suggestion
complaining about ref: Moxy, Apache, Wouterke, Dervun
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
Inder
Newbie poster

complaining about ref: Moxy, Apache, Wouterke, Dervun

Hi there. Following situation: i join the server and the beast team, the team starts begging me to command because the commander was a noob who couldn't do anything. Offtopic: his name was Starbucks. However after like 10 minutes we gained advantage and built a forward sub which was going to make us win. We were chainsaccing the base towers of the opponent team. Everything went well until the opposite commander, EnglishSlug, started spawnin ballista to shoot our saccers. Noone cared. After he did it a second time, i asked him if i was allowed to spawn behe too, just for the fairness. Mox replied he'd have to kick me then. I asked why Slug is not getting kicked for spawning siege. Noone saw it. i Actually seemed to be the only one of 50 people on the server to see him siegespawning 4 times. Well after i kept on demanding to kick him. I was told this was the reason i didnt get ref, and if i'd continue debating i will be muted.
I'm sorry, i don't get it. It even went farer.. Slug got hit by a behe, therefor was able to exploit, walk like 50 meters on top of a wall and plant a demo on the roof of my sub. ''Moxy you saw that?!?!'' - ''Yes, he was hit there by a behe, but he jumped down so its ok.''
I went afk to make this post.

I was told, one of the reasons i don't get ref is that we have enough of them. I think you could've hundred more, it wouldn't make a diffrence if they're not using it. Not even if they're asked to.

Thanks for your attention

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:41 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Feathers
Newbie poster

hey inder, from this you have implied that only moxy was the one not afk, how can you be sure dervun/apache/wout were not afk

also a time/date/screenshot/demo would be helpful

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:43 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Moxy
Newbie poster

wrong information.

Mox replied he'd have to kick me then. I asked why Slug is not getting kicked for spawning siege

i told you this on the server, you let your temper get the better of you. i wasnt on the server at the time he did this, i cant take action agaisnt the player when i wasnt on the server at the time. i told u this but chose to ignore what i said. i cant help it if the other refs didnt take action. one of the reasons u didnt get ref is "he exploited/broke rules so i can too" attiude, that is wrong attiude to have as a ref. and that is the attiude you took this morning, english spawned a seige so can i, when i wanred you not to. you bite my head off.

if u get hit by a behe u jump down. english did this. you complain because of the direction he jumped down. theres nothing wrong about jumping down towards the place you were initialy planning on going to if a behe hits u up there. as long as u do it almost instantly, he was up on hill for a matter of seconds.

grant u demo on sub was kinda bad, but what am i mean to do about it? give u back 1k redstone? sorry cant do that. slay english? when he jumped down like he was meant to. Sorry, but you lost your temper.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:08 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Inder
Newbie poster

Moxy wrote:
wrong information.

Mox replied he'd have to kick me then. I asked why Slug is not getting kicked for spawning siege

i told you this on the server, you let your temper get the better of you. i wasnt on the server at the time he did this

You were on the server. I can't prove that you have been looking at him but i can prove you were on the server. You were on the server all the time he was spawning siege.
Moxy wrote:
one of the reasons u didnt get ref is "he exploited/broke rules so i can too" attiude, that is wrong attiude to have as a ref. and that is the attiude you took this morning, english spawned a seige so can i, when i wanred you not to. you bite my head off.

where do i have that attitude? I did this ONCE with Apache (see the other post), never before and never again. I understood your point and appologized. If I'm ASKING EnglishSlug if i am allowed to spawn behe now too, where do you see i'm actually doing it? Did i actually do it?! - No. More or less the reason im asking him IN PUBLIC could be getting the refs attention no? and yes i got em! Everyone was telling me that i am getting the heck out of the server if i do, i'm never EVER getting ref if i do, blaaah blaaah blaaaah, while Slug kept on siegespawning - and noone cared for him, everyone cared for me not to do the same. This is the actual reason i got pissed.
Moxy wrote:

if u get hit by a behe u jump down. english did this. you complain because of the direction he jumped down.
No.
Moxy wrote:

theres nothing wrong about jumping down towards the place you were initialy planning on going to if a behe hits u up there.
I totally agree.
Moxy wrote:

as long as u do it almost instantly, he was up on hill for a matter of seconds.
There we go. If you do it instantly. You don't walk another 50 steps on top of the hill to be able to place your demo on top of the sub do you? That's exactly what he did and you didn't give a fuck.
Moxy wrote:

grant u demo on sub was kinda bad, but what am i mean to do about it? give u back 1k redstone? sorry cant do that. slay english? when he jumped down like he was meant to. Sorry, but you lost your temper.
I'm not stupid. Kick him, Like you're supposed to. Like you're duty of being a ref tells you. State examples. State more examples. Make people learn the consequences. Make people learn. Make this server an abusing-free spot of savage.

I'm not losing my temper too fast at all.. But I'm losing my temper if a ref cares for someone who is maybe going to break the rules but not caring for someone who is breaking them all the time. All you had to do was to move him back to comm, to slay him or to kick him. He's not a newb you'd need to warn, he's someone who totally knows what is allowed and what is not and who should be totally aware of the consequences. But to quote a friend of mine ''refs don't act anyways, why should i not exploit.. they don't care''- Flatjuice.
Feathers wrote:
hey inder, from this you have implied that only moxy was the one not afk, how can you be sure dervun/apache/wout were not afk
Wouterke was one of the chainsaccers in my team. Apache balicamped himself. Dervun was demorunning my sub.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:24 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Moxy
Newbie poster

Inder wrote:
Moxy wrote:
wrong information.

i told you this on the server, you let your temper get the better of you. i wasnt on the server at the time he did this

You were on the server. I can't prove that you have been looking at him but i can prove you were on the server. You were on the server all the time he was spawning siege.

Really? not true. lie. or your mistaken. get this so u understand i wasnt on the server, and i have the demo to proove it. i'll upload it this evening when i get back from work if u want. i wasnt on the server at the time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:41 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Moxy
Newbie poster

Aint you lucky that im not feeling very well tonight and came home early, u get my demos sooner!

i espicialy like the SFE one. which is the first one, and the one that dosent have XR in the name, where you shout at me and lossing your temper, and where i proves onm was on the server for a matter of 3 minutes before you flame me.

http://rapidshare.com/files/451931711/Demos.zip

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:40 pm
Moxy
Newbie poster

Inder wrote:
Moxy wrote:
]
as long as u do it almost instantly, he was up on hill for a matter of seconds.
There we go. If you do it instantly. You don't walk another 50 steps on top of the hill to be able to place your demo on top of the sub do you? That's exactly what he did and you didn't give a fuck.

i just watched both demos i loaded up. if you do too, i think you find that a)he jumped down right away, and b) his demo was not ontop of a sub.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:02 pm
Skuggi
Newbie poster

Hey,

Wanted to give Moxy (and the other refs) a chance to post before I would. I've talked to those involved, and the stories don't quite match up. But I think Moxy's demo pretty much speaks for itself. There isn't much he can do if he isn't there... And some of the other claims in your post are slightly exaggerated.

However, about refs not acting, I realize that is a problem currently. So I'll try to encourage them to be more strict when enforcing the rules.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:10 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
well my post did go pretty much into a wrong topic, so i'll post it here:

I've been working together with some developers and I hope to automate certain rules a bit more. The system doing this could either warn referees when the system detects that a player breaks the rule or warn and punish that player.

I'm hoping by creating such a system, that situations like this one can be avoided. It still cannot prevent refs from being AFK or being lazy, but i think it will help them!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:33 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum » Feedback, Complains and Suggestion
Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum