Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum » Feedback, Complains and Suggestion
REQUEST: Re-add timer
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
MNI-Suoma

REQUEST: Re-add timer

Hello!

I am not sure why did you remove the timer from G&G, but I can't see the point of it. Without a clock I can't time my deaths, thus making savage less skillful and deaths full random. Enabling it would add another skill layer to savage, and better practice for CWS.

External clocks get out of synch, only the ingame clock is accurate. I don't care if you set the time to 99999, just as long as the timer is there.

If you had an awesome reason to delete it, do inform me Smile

Thanks,
MNI-Suoma

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:47 pm
    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Feathers
Newbie poster

count in your head!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:21 am
  View user's profile Send private message    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
MNI-Suom

Yeah, good luck counting to 216000 Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:16 pm
MNI-Suoma

I'd appreciate an answer.

"lol i dunno ur gay" is answer enough, but simply ignoring me makes me a bit sad.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:51 pm
djargon
Newbie poster

sorry Suoma, but groentjuh is on vacation and skuggi is realy bussy in real life. so i guess you have to wait a bit longer untill groentjuh is back from holiday or if skuggi found some time Smile

but i can't help you with this :p

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:03 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
MNI-Suoma

Thanks for the respond, I can wait Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:38 am
Skuggi
Newbie poster

Yea, sorry about not replying, been away. This would be Groentjuh's department so you'll have to wait for him to take a look at it. Unfortunately you posted just shortly after he went on vacation so you probably won't get an answer till he's back.

One thing you might check out. It's possible to meddle in your Savage files somehow to add a 'Game Clock' that counts up, instead of the timer. I'm not exactly sure how it's done but if I recall correctly Chiprel knew how to do it? Maybe ask him if you see him.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:01 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
Just display the variable host_time somewhere...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:18 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
MNI-Suoma

Skuggi: Thanks, I'll look for chiprel

Groentjuh: Do I need to make a minigui for that or what? i no modder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:54 pm
Chiprel
Newbie poster

He contacted me and I made some small mod for him. Here it is if someone else is interested in it too.

put it in savage xr/game/
link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xpg1q4

This mod will display your local time instead of no timer at groentjuh server. It have only minor bug..when you join server with time limit..you will see both timers(mixed in one line) till you join team or start to spec some player. Then it works allright.
On Groen serv you will see your local time, on mpuk you will see game time limit. When warmup starts you will see mixed times till you respawn again.
End game award screen don't mix up those 2 timers.

Have fun with it! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:44 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
EnglishSlug
Newbie poster

just add game timer back imo. i'd rather have lame time wins than 5 hour matches on puchi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:34 am
Feathers
Newbie poster

on the subject pf maps, could you delete a few Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:51 pm
lololol
Newbie poster

no, he couldn't

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:31 pm
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum » Feedback, Complains and Suggestion
Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum