Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:08 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
Feathers
April 19 1994 (30 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Groentjuh's server and XR maps
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Tjens
Newbie poster

Groentjuh's server and XR maps

Hey Groentjuh/other admins,

I would like to know "Groentjuh's Server"'s offical standpoint towards Savage XR, and why, when or how it's going to work together into making the global leap to the released version.

Some specific questions:

o Will Groentjuh's server update to XR when it's officially released? And if hessitent, what would be the reason not to update?

o Have there been any problems updating the sertver or trying XR maps before?

o Is there any communication between the XR dev team and the server admins of Groentjuh? And to what extend?

And most importantly, if
both the Savage XR development team, Groentjuh's admins and the community agrees on updating to XR, what exactly would be needed (in regards towards Groentjuh's server) to make the update happen?

I'm looking forward to your reply,

Tjens Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:52 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Feathers
Newbie poster

Just ditch sfe completely and move on.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:57 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Moxy
Newbie poster

Groents server is already xr 1.0.... it already has XR maps on it....

and as far as i'm aware there is alot of communication between groent and the XR dev team, since its the most popular 1.0 server about and there was bugs needed fixing.

of course there has been bugs before, but whenever that happend groent just roles back to a previous working 1.0 version and then disables auto update until the devs tell him its fixed and ready to update.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:53 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
Many of my servers are already XR RC3. Groentjuh & Girls and the replay server are both XR 1.0. I'll upgrade the XR RC3 servers to XR1.0 when XR1.0 is released.

XR maps are currently disabled awaiting the release of XR1.0. There were/are some compatibility issues between XR1.0 server with XR RC3 playing on them on XR maps.

There are frequent exchanges of bugs or usability issues.

As said: Most of them are already updated...

Tjens, how hard was it to visit: http://www.newerth.com/?id=serverlist and see XR standing next to my server's names?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:17 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Tjens
Newbie poster

My apologies for the obvious questions Groentjuh,

But I wanted to to have your conformation/saying on this matter, I'm not very up to date with the technicalities of Savage XR, I just want to get things going so we can start playing XR maps! Thanks for your anwsers, I needed your confirmed stance on the matter so it's clear what needs to be done for XR to be updated.

My next step will be turning to the XR development team for a Q&A, with as an ultimate goal to lube the development into a finnishing touch.

jes.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:54 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Jump to: