Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:56 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
drk abuse/bad ref
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
LioN2
Newbie poster

drk abuse/bad ref

I was playing yesterday. I got stuck in a rock and so I asked drk for help,
waiting for drk to help someone killed me (not a second after asking him).
have a look yourself!

after the end of chat he gave me a mute.
is this behavior necessary?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:43 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djargon
Newbie poster

well he moved you 20 seconds after you asked, you can't expect a ref to act every game in just a few seconds.
we also have life and don't always watch that active. or if he was talking in chat he maybe saw it to late. then saying FU for helping you, i would also mute you Smile

the comunity just don't have respect for refs anymore so maybe we should mute faster so you all can understand to give us respect again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:46 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
SAS
Newbie poster

write /kill
what a waste of time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:38 pm
Feathers
Newbie poster

You're crying because he took 30 seconds to move you?

Pathetic.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:31 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
Lion, a referee is in-game to try and improve the game-experience of the players. This is often done by enforcing the rules. The rules define several unwanted behaviours such as cheating, exploiting and insulting others.

What isn't defined in those rules is helping people when they get stuck. They do it to improve the game experience, because nobody want to get stuck. If I'm purely looking at the rules and guidelines, nothing tells a referee to move a players to his own team when he gets stuck. If a referee helps players, who are stuck, they are being nice to them. You always do "/kill" whenever you are stuck or not. Yes, you will die then, but you're no longer stuck if you were.

At the time, drk was playing. So he might wanted to finish a fight before typing: /ref switchteam 2 LioN . You were stuck for a less then 38 secondes. Probably 8 to 10 seconds were typing the command, the rest was probably finishing a fight or getting somewhere safe or spawning before savage removes your nearly finished command. Not that is matters, because all he was doing it trying to help you out.

What you also do not mention about that mute is that you, called a kickvote on him after this. You call kick and mute votes all the time even against me for no reason. So if that bites back, well it were your poor decisions at that time and before that, that got most likely got you stuck and got you muted a moment later.

As you can probably figure out, I do not see this matter as ref abuse nor do I believe drk acted bad as referee in this situation.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:46 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
precious
Newbie poster

ref switchteam makes u lose gold, /kill aswell. I just laugh to lazy people like you lion. It's not hard to type /kill. I am a ref myself, when i get stuck i dont ref switchteam myself i just typ /kill and its done with. You should try it out dude. It's more effective and faster than a ref. Our job is not to help lazy people who can flame at refs for few minutes by talking crap instead of helping yourself out in SUCH a situation which would cost you less then 5 seconds. At least don't be greedy on the gold loss lol. And btw lion you're playing this game for a long time, callvoting a kick on a ref ( this happens a lot lately ) shouldn't be rewarded with a mute imo, a kick is more than deserved.

If you're going to talk with: I WAS A REFF TOO, then you should re-read your post first then talk.

I'd say drk acted good. Don't expect a ref to be able to move you ASAP while he's playing or commanding. Common sense mate, we ain't machines or bots we are also humans when we play we can't act instantly for that we must STOP MOVING START TYPING and meanwhile dying and then you guys say: HAHAA U DIED. Typicall savage community.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:44 pm
LioN2
Newbie poster

I didn't want to type /kill because it ruins score and waste gold.
if he had time to type- "im happy" then he probably had time to move me. if he didn't say anything so I would be okay.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:13 am
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
I've given you my view on this.

If you rather see an additional guideline for referee's to no longer move players to get them out of silly situations, just say so. I gladly tell them that stuck players should just /kill !

This complain is my eyes just plain silly!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:34 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
drk
Newbie poster

Afaik I gave you a mute because of your stupid kick or mute votes towards everybody as you see it 'fun'.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:53 pm
drk
Newbie poster

Ok. I've found that demo. Look here now:

1. (I've stopped impeach vote)

2. Walked ahead and helped you.

3. Your chat. There was no mute after it.

4. But then went your stupid vote (I've warned personaly you not to vote every sinlge time you play your kick/mute votes). Stupid vote = take mute.

5. Stop+mute.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:17 pm
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Jump to: