Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:27 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum » Feedback, Complains and Suggestion
Ref Abuse - SAS - 21.11.13
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Ednib
Newbie poster

Ref Abuse - SAS - 21.11.13

I'd like to refer to this topic

http://server.groentjuh.eu/viewtopic.php?t=482

SAS has had ref for 2 months and had complaint after complaint. REVIEW YOUR REFS - DO NOT LET THEM PLAY AS RULER OF ALL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:49 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
SAS
Newbie poster

this was changed a bit 3d, saying to others fags/gays as a negative thing is not allowed, the same like saying nigger or anything else as a negative is not allowed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:59 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Ednib
Newbie poster

I said nothing negative towards anyone. I was talking to Anti in a joking and non-offensive way. EXACTLY the same. Even anti said "You got muted for that?!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:00 pm
SAS
Newbie poster

u know, even when u joke, it looks like u mean gay is shit, thats the problem, not to mention what u said after unmute.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:21 pm
Ednib
Newbie poster

Groentjuh, there is a big debate on server happening. I hope you can read chat logs, and get your own opinion on the matter.

If you believe it should be wrong to say the word (In a friendly manner or not) then please add to the official rules.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:20 pm
SAS
Newbie poster

i'll summ up the discussion a bit, feel free to add stuff 3d.
the gay word should be treated same as nigger word in my eyes cuz both get offended by it (blacks and gays).
in other eyes, it seems saying nigger is more offensive than saying faggot, due to the history behind it, meaning, if u say nigger, the black guy will get more offended, than if u say faggot .
also 3d believe that by british law, saying faggot is allowed, however saying nigger is not allowed, therefore there's some logic behind it.
i think that summs it a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:55 pm
precious
Newbie poster

personally my thought about this is simple:

niggers don't choose to be niggers they're born this way, faggots or in other words gays they choose that way.

You shouldn't compare those 2 words with each other imo, but then again that's my point of vieuw.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:37 pm
djargon
Newbie poster

prec there is a differant in the words gay and faggots.

gay is indeed what they choose for, but they don't choose to be called faggots.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:52 am
Ednib
Newbie poster

This is a large and heated debate that will continue for a very long time - Groentjuh's word is final and I await for his view.

If we follow Djargons thoughts, the same could be implied to fat/tall/skinny/ginger people too...the list becomes endless. This is the borderline between racism & general verbal abuse.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:47 am
precious
Newbie poster

djargon wrote:
prec there is a differant in the words gay and faggots.

gay is indeed what they choose for, but they don't choose to be called faggots.

i guess it's a word what some people came up with much later on. In the end they mean the same thing. Same with niggers, they did not choose to be called this way, and they did not choose to be this way. Get my point here ?

But still gays and niggers should not be compared. Both completely diffirent from each other.

I just said my opinion on this matter, in my point of vieuw calling someon faggot / gay should not be concidered racism. It's just completely irrelevant towards real racism. And in most countries gay's are more tolerated, but calling a black guy nigger isn't. And the reason is because of the history.

Muting someone or kicking someone because he said the word fag is going too far in my eyes. But then again it's up to the admins to decide what's best for this situation, because put SAS or Zodon in the server for 24/7 and i'm sure no1 will enter the server because 90% of the community uses the word fag. So it's the community vs 2 refs in this case. And trust me muting/kicking won't help you at all.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:54 am
SAS
Newbie poster

many used the word nigger when it got forbidden, thats actually the reason the focus was on the word nigger.
it is true this rule logic can also be on fats and others..
also, i don't understand, u say gays choose to love their own race, and they can change it if they want. you love women, if someone had forced you to love boys, would that succeed? i have no clue if gays born with their desires, or they obtain it during their lives, so saying the chose it, is a wrong thing to say, its just who they are.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:13 am
Moxy
Newbie poster

Muting for calling someone Gay is correct thing to do,. even groent has agreed with me on that, IF it is meant as an insult.

saying that something is gay is worth just a warning or ignoring maybe.

also to the Bubbleheads on this thread that compare nigger and gay witjh the fact that nigger didnt chose but gays did choose...

i would like to say you are really fucking naive to think gays choose to be that way! really fucking nieve. YOU DO NOT CHOOSE TO BE GAY!! did you choose to be straight? or did u just think when u started to turn 12-13, oh wow that girl looks nice. its the same with Gay/lesbian. trust me i know i have a cousin who is a lesbian. YOU DO NOT CHOOSE, who you fgall in love with. have any oif you? if anyone of you been in love? if so did u choose tofall in love with them? or did it just happen? iof the latter... why do you think gay's are any different to you?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:55 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Ednib
Newbie poster

Just been muted for calling SAS a Nazi...yet he calls me a "shit" back...nice refs here guys! Yet again - SAS turns up and ruins server.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:28 pm
Ednib
Newbie poster

Calling me a "shit" could easily be interpreted in a racist way. What is the colour of shit? Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:33 pm
djargon
Newbie poster

well when you call him a nazi i don't get suprised he say something back.
when you would say that to me it would be a kick for sure

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:37 pm
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum » Feedback, Complains and Suggestion
Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum