Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:03 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Dingfire - Referee application
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [19 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Dingfire
Newbie poster

Dingfire - Referee application

Hello there,

I wish to apply as referee. The reason for that being is that even with all the current referees, there still seems to be a shortage during the midday (european time). We have to keep dealing with mainly exploits, spam and annoying votes.

I wish to pledge my services to the maintenance of one of the best games around.

My name is Jason and I am a 22 year old student from Belgium.

Kind regards

Dingfire

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:50 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
soma
Newbie poster

Good luck with your application Dingi Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:04 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Gridfon
Newbie poster

You appeared out of nowhere around December-January. Even Tjens had no idea who you are when he was inviting you to RaGe and giving you an admin. Are you hiding your true identity?

It seems that you're trying to "revive" RaGe in some sense. At all times and for all clans, this kind of recruitment inevitably attracts most of the active players that have questionable background and behavior. A lot of them will get invited just based on their skills. Do you think you can be sufficiently unbiased at this point of your "career" with RaGe?

-----

As a referee, your main goal is to make sure that games are not ruined. If you ever see anyone exploit with an intention to ruin a game, you should be jumping out of your chair to fix that. Regardless of whether you are having your best game in months and are about to get 20 awards, or whether the exploiter is your clan mate and the best Savage friend, or whether you think that you prevented enough exploits earlier that day. If you ever find excuses, then you should not be a ref in the first place.

In contrast, when it comes to lesser offenses like camping, I do like this quote by Ale from an old ref-drama topic:
Ale wrote:
A referee should (not only in Savage but in every game around the world) remain unnoticed as long as the game is fluid and everbody is having fun. Even if rules are broken every now and then, a referee should not take any action as long as noone gets heavily miss treated or an unfair action is drastically changing the balance of powers and/or the outcome of the match. Its not about following the rules word for word (a bot could do that) its about using your common sense and allowing everybody to have his share of fun.

To this I only want to add that "should remain unnoticed" also means not excessively using your ref powers to make fun. If you use your ref powers to flirt with your friends by constantly ref-muting them, then be sure that not many players besides the two of you will find it fun in any way. This is addressed to all refs, current and future, not Dingfire in particular.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:55 am
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Dingfire
Newbie poster

I understand where you are coming from, you have the feeling you do not know me enough to allow me to be in this position. I would be concerned too. As for hiding my identity, no I am not, I know I used to call myself -Warrior- about 9 years ago, but I honestly can not remember my other names (I was a kid...) but none the less this has remained my favorite game over the years and yes I reinstalled around December-January. As for the RaGe clan, I was a brief member before I quit. I'm currently reviving it for fun, and Tjens likes the idea too. I see no harm done, all our members are in contact with each other on facebook.

And yes I am aware of the responsibilities as a ref, I am not planning to misuse it, imagine how quickly I would be stripped of my ref powers? If I didn't care I wouldn't have bothered to come and post this application either.
To be honest I think it would be more of a headache to be a ref than to just play. Yet I would still want to do it because too often the game I'm playing gets ruined by some exploiter.

If you have further questions please ask away Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:00 pm
soma
Newbie poster

one of the ref responsibilities is not only care about the players who's exploit or to make sure that games are not ruined only.

as gridfon says, action can be take even with your best savage friend

"even if he know any information about spam/hacking the server!!"

so supporting the servers admin is one of your major task.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:51 pm
Dingfire
Newbie poster

As I said I am aware of the responsibilities soma, that means I will be true to them. And I recall giving you a lot of info about the hacker.

In other words yes, I would even kick Necro or Emily if necessary. Though I find that kicking should normally be the last course of action.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:19 pm
SAS
Newbie poster

gl

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:19 pm
TrytoN
Newbie poster

gl

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:38 pm
Dingfire
Newbie poster

Gridfon, please keep in mind that reviving a clan is not as easy as it sounds. I put a lot of time and effort to get things going and organised (like clanwars, communication... ) and I didn't just invite players based on their skill, I only selected people who were chill and fun to talk to, their skill being a bonus to the clan. I think that many people on savage that know me a bit can justify that I am not some random internet troll lusting to go on a power trip.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:24 am
drk
Newbie poster

I think that we can try trial ref for some time Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:12 am
Dingfire
Newbie poster

Thank you! At what time should I be online to meet you?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:28 pm
soma
Newbie poster

try to catch drk in game and congratulation dingfire for your trail Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:40 pm
drk
Newbie poster

gave trial ref.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:33 am
Tasty
Newbie poster

Ding is doing pretty well so far, hope he will reach god ref Level soon Cool

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:52 pm
Telvek
Newbie poster

Tasty wrote:
Ding is doing pretty well so far, hope he will reach god ref Level soon Cool

+1
I think you could give him godref earlier, drk

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:55 pm
Page 1 of 2 [19 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Jump to: