Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:10 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum » Feedback, Complains and Suggestion
Dingfire ref abuse
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Author Message
SavageBread
Guest

 Dingfire ref abuse
Admittedly it was funny but...

... I'd like to report DingFire for ref-abusing.

First he forced EnglishSlug into command (unbeknownst to him, even though he was AFK and that we already had another commander elected), so we had to keep restarting the game.

Second he muted a guy who called him out for doing the above mentioned.

Third he insta-kicked me when I accidentaly posted a bad clan icon in chat, I had asked for someone to post the face palm clan icon, but instead they posted the nazi flag for me. No warning or anything, he kicked me instantly.

Doing more harm than good = get rid of this ref.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:37 pm
    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Javatar
Guest

I also got kicked without warning for calling Dingfire "Dingwhore". I thought refs understand banter but apparently not

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:38 pm
    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Grapist
Guest

He also decided not to stop nextvote on battlefront even though we had 2 comms because he dislikes the map,

5 Abuses in an hour, Dingfire i like you bro but time to step down.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:52 pm
    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Obese Demagogue
Guest

Even Ale was a better ref,

With Love, Obese Demagogue

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:59 pm
    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Dingfire
Newbie poster


Joined: 04 May 2015
Posts: 154
Location: Belgium
To Savagebread:

First: psychodiledznic styl who was the current commander was tired and asked if I could switch him for englishslug so I did. ES was active 2 minutes before so I assumed he still was.

Second: I never mute without a good reason.

Third: I insta kicked you because you were spamming a swastika icon in chat. I do not support racism.

I'm not even addressing the flamer, joker and hacker who posted after you.

gj at posting a "ref abuse" before trying to figure out what really happened.

you are trying to do more harm than good = get rid of yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:35 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 548
That's hardly a defense Dingfire. You just need to hold off switching players and muting banter when its just a game and the less refs intervene throughout games the better.

I've personally noticed you over adjudicate games till you think its how its meant to be played. I've seen you shuffle teams after 5 minutes when illegal even votes fail. I'm not sure you have even read the rules yet? And before you sprout your predictable reply (but your banned) just take it as fact that you're not fit to referee savage.

PS you kicked an old Aussie player who you though was me (its evident you put little thought into what you do).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:06 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Dingfire
Newbie poster


Joined: 04 May 2015
Posts: 154
Location: Belgium
What a surprise to see you here djinghis.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:42 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
JmZ
Newbie poster

Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 193
I keep a close eye on referee performance and behaviour for various reasons. Dingfire is doing a good job as ref.

The issues you raise are minor at worst and will certainly be learnt from if they occurred at all. I am near certain all the problems you have mentioned here can be explained by dingfire (personal judgement, you being misinformed on the matter, etc). In the case that he really did make a mistake, you can be assured he will learn from it.

Note im not blindly saying hes a perfect ref, nobody is. But if he did make a mistake, allow him to learn from it instead of depleting our already scarce selection of refs.

/thread

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:55 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
SavageBread
Guest

Dingfire wrote:
To Savagebread:

First: psychodiledznic styl who was the current commander was tired and asked if I could switch him for englishslug so I did. ES was active 2 minutes before so I assumed he still was.

Second: I never mute without a good reason.

Third: I insta kicked you because you were spamming a swastika icon in chat. I do not support racism.

I'm not even addressing the flamer, joker and hacker who posted after you.

gj at posting a "ref abuse" before trying to figure out what really happened.

you are trying to do more harm than good = get rid of yourself.


1) Don't put a commander in position if you don't ask him first, even if he was online maybe he didn't even want to command, he could've just pressed "Elect self" if he wanted to.

2) No good reason? He called you out for all the shenanigans before, without using any explicit words at all.

3) Spamming? I typed it once, I thought it was the facepalm emote, why would I have spammed it?

Refs are needed if things get out of hand, not to micromanage the games to their liking.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:57 pm
    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
bullet
Newbie poster

Joined: 09 Nov 2014
Posts: 78
Savagebread, i remember you exploiting with map exploit with behe on green_age not so long ago. No refs was present. I think you agree with me that we would rather want refs beeing micromanaging things, rather than you exploiting on games when refs is not present. Its not your damn rigth to play on that server, its a privelige. Respect that privelige, and do not abuse the rules, even when your teammates do. How hard is it to have a conscious moral ingame for people regarding their rigth to have fun vs. the rigth to ruin other peoples fun? Damn it. I'm sure DingFire is a most needed ref in this game at the moment, and some decisions migth be hard to take, but he does so and keep his head up and stands for them. In time, we will see if the community learns to beheave and the trolls dissapear, so he dont have to do such micromanagement.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:56 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
SavageBread
Guest

bullet wrote:
Savagebread, i remember you exploiting with map exploit with behe on green_age not so long ago. No refs was present. I think you agree with me that we would rather want refs beeing micromanaging things, rather than you exploiting on games when refs is not present. Its not your damn rigth to play on that server, its a privelige. Respect that privelige, and do not abuse the rules, even when your teammates do. How hard is it to have a conscious moral ingame for people regarding their rigth to have fun vs. the rigth to ruin other peoples fun? Damn it. I'm sure DingFire is a most needed ref in this game at the moment, and some decisions migth be hard to take, but he does so and keep his head up and stands for them. In time, we will see if the community learns to beheave and the trolls dissapear, so he dont have to do such micromanagement.


I walked around the map edge once and didn't interfere with gameplay, but I do remember you flipping out completely.

So he banned me in this game, because I walked around the edge on green_hills 2 weeks ago? Or what are you adding to the conversation, keep it relevant Rolling Eyes I don't think I'm the one who ruins games by exploits or ever have

By the way I haven't mentioned it's my right to play on this server, where'd you get that from?

And I disagree that he needs to micromanage the game, why exactly. You mean he should add afk people to the commander seat, mute people for disagreeing with him, kick people for accidentaly posting a bad icon in chat (he conveniently calls it spam within 10 seconds with no warning... how is not mute an option)?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:44 am
    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Dingfire
Newbie poster


Joined: 04 May 2015
Posts: 154
Location: Belgium
Dear SavageBread, this will be my final response to your topic:

1. It seems like you are aiming for a zero tolerance community, would you like referees to enact a zero tolerance regime too? People make mistakes.

(This will however be enacted to any form of racism. I will kick on sight for any person trying to post racist comments in chat.)

2. Respect my authoratah (I really can not be arsed to explain to you the full level of detail of the situation as I have better things to be doing)
Though you can know that the person I muted was one of the hackers who cooperated with djinghis to repeatedly crash the server in the last few months.

3. Don't do it again.

As for you djinghis just wanted to say that: You are banned indeed. Your words mean nothing here. And for the kicking of that "old aussie player" you only have yourself to blame haha, if you wouldn't make it so damn hard for me to kick you because of your nicklaming -or if you would just not try to play- things like this wouldn't happen. Oh yeah, and don't try to go and beg for mercy to our other referees in pm or try to post "how good you will be if you accept my support" , it's pathetic. You are banned, go and play on your own server, or go and find another hobby.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:17 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
SavageBread
Guest

Dingfire wrote:
Dear SavageBread, this will be my final response to your topic:

1. It seems like you are aiming for a zero tolerance community, would you like referees to enact a zero tolerance regime too? People make mistakes.

(This will however be enacted to any form of racism. I will kick on sight for any person trying to post racist comments in chat.)

2. Respect my authoratah (I really can not be arsed to explain to you the full level of detail of the situation as I have better things to be doing)
Though you can know that the person I muted was one of the hackers who cooperated with djinghis to repeatedly crash the server in the last few months.

3. Don't do it again.

As for you djinghis just wanted to say that: You are banned indeed. Your words mean nothing here. And for the kicking of that "old aussie player" you only have yourself to blame haha, if you wouldn't make it so damn hard for me to kick you because of your nicklaming -or if you would just not try to play- things like this wouldn't happen. Oh yeah, and don't try to go and beg for mercy to our other referees in pm or try to post "how good you will be if you accept my support" , it's pathetic. You are banned, go and play on your own server, or go and find another hobby.


Zero tolerance? No, you did multiple things wrong.

If you can kick, mute, cancel votes, swap maps I think you should think at least one more time before you do any of these things Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:12 pm
    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Gridfon
Newbie poster


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 238
SavageBread wrote:
blablabla

It's nice to have people around that still care. But you may want to introduce yourself first, dear friend.
I know that you're mostly using this identity for exploiting and similar stuff, and I was sure you're Captain Kenway. However, you're a bit too intelligent to be him. So who are you?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:16 am
  View user's profile Send private message    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 548
Gridfon wrote:
SavageBread wrote:
blablabla

It's nice to have people around that still care. But you may want to introduce yourself first, dear friend.
I know that you're mostly using this identity for exploiting and similar stuff, and I was sure you're Captain Kenway. However, you're a bit too intelligent to be him. So who are you?


Savagebread is Savagebeard and plays savage where as you do not Gridfon, so who the fuck in actual fact are you?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:18 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum » Feedback, Complains and Suggestion

Quick Reply
Username: 


Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

[ Time: 0.0847s ][ Queries: 20 (0.0085s) ][ GZIP on - Debug on ]