Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Wed May 01, 2024 10:06 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
Trigardon
May 06

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
EXPLOITS
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
djinghis
Newbie poster

EXPLOITS
Referee Alleviation

Was on the server last night (night for me) and was playing watershipdown (w/e version) and Vectile pointed out an exploit in the map to Tjens who is a map admin. I also pointed out the same exploit which is climbing the tower near beast base and leaping onto the hill, enabling you to traverse illegal areas on the map.

Unfortunately, exploiting gets you kicked no matter how you use it by referee's blind to common sense, despite an actual game being the greatest testing ground, and I will point out no refs were active at this time (thank god). But here's my point (finally you say).

Tjen is proactive in mapping and willing to fix maps for the benefit of savage, as he said I will fix the problem. If only more ppl in savage were willing to stop whoreing for a few minutes, and help out.
Id offer you my solutions to restricting exploits from a scripting and mapping point of view if your a keen mapper. The current map admin boss man aneurysm offers no knowledge in this area despite his babbling convoluted mapping tutorial PDF. So to all mappers and referees who are interested in getting maps to run smooth and make referee's jobs easier having to join spec to make a judgement on whats an exploit, instead seek Tjen, myself or to a lesser extent lion who will ACT for the greater cause.

Special thanks to Tjens for going out of his way to fix maps that are not his own to reduce mapping exploits. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:38 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
soma
Newbie poster

well , thats good start

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:10 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
JmZ
Newbie poster

We have rules for a reason, exploiting map terrain is not allowed under any circumstances.

You have no excuse for doing it in a public server. So here are your choices:

- Create a demo
- Host your own temporary server

Especially the latter, you have done many times before and will again (taking only 5 minutes of your time).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:59 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

JmZ wrote:
We have rules for a reason, exploiting map terrain is not allowed under any circumstances.

You have no excuse for doing it in a public server. So here are your choices:

- Create a demo
- Host your own temporary server

Especially the latter, you have done many times before and will again (taking only 5 minutes of your time).

I'm not sure you understand this thread jmz Rolling Eyes
here's the title once more...

EXPLOITS
Referee Alleviation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:40 am
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Jump to: