Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:35 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum » Feedback, Complains and Suggestion
FYI
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
Pink
Newbie poster

FYI
Ref Rule Break

Afternoon all

Hope you're all good.

Just a heads up that today during a long match on tiny2, SOMA was constantly camping behe in middle next to sub/flag.

I am aware that the map is hard to referee regarding siege camping and it may be worth overlooking some of the camping rules for that map.

However to be the worst offender of the rule breaking as a referee himself I thought was poor. Of course he wasn't logged in as a ref but I think he has God Ref. When I challenged him and mentioned I would post on these forums he just said "Good luck".

As a former God Ref I just thought I would put in my opinion on this and let you know I don't think other refs would behave the same way. I wouldnt normally bother to post but I think this case warranted my input here as it does spoil the game somewhat.

Many thanks, keep up the good work.

Pink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:10 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
soma
Newbie poster

well pink, let me explain more about this kind of cases , but thank you for your topic anyway...Smile

let me add more info such this kind of camp map Smile Tiny2 Kinixxx etc , as i will deal with you like you have 6 months of experience in savage and you didn't play this map type for long before.

- we cannot complain about camp map and both team are camping. (behe, Summ , Balista , Cata )
- yes we CAN deal with a exploiters players or commanders.
- i myself and all other players mentioned clearly to you that (we all camping) and sometime (its a camp map ) i hope that you hear this words during game and i always wish you a (good luck!!) Very Happy
- as ref i found alot of camp cata and balista in your team near from flag and RC - but do you think that i warn em even ?

in tiny2 map by logic think about if any of cata and balista spawn from Garr - there is no place to go and they will start camping by default - should i deal with em as a god ref by slay and kick ?

I hope its more clear to you and others

Many thanks
SOMA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:02 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Reply with quote Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Telvek
Newbie poster

Î remember tiny as the map where you can simply attack beast buildings with balli at garr. (Is it the right one?) In this case it is no camping because you are able to attack a solid enemy structure.(IF they attack it) just sayin'
However behes cannot enter the way between beast and hum front line due to their huge body.
So behes camp on this map...Whatever you guys decided there about free camping, sounds kinda strange, well nvm.
In my opinion Camping maps, so maps where refs do not punish it, do not exist. Either the ref is too lazy or too inexperienced to punish correctly. Razz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:28 pm
Pink
Newbie poster

Thanks for the response.

Firstly yes Telvek, this is the map where Behe cannot pass the middle so there is little point in spawning as them....

I agree that the map is a camping map SOMA, I have no issue with that per se...lots of summoners etc are not a problem, likewise bally and cata. you are correct in saying there was a lot of siege camping.

However spawning as behe and covering the only passable point in the map next to a sub would constitute major siege camping in my opinion because it has a major effect on the game. Also it was the majority of the game.

Camping Behe and camping Bally/Cata are not the same IMO, at least with human siege there is the ability to bypass them or kill them.

My point was that a Referee should really try their best to keep to the rules and set a good example, which IMO you did not.

Hopefully you will in the future.

Pink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:47 pm
Trigardon
Newbie poster

Re: FYI
Ref Rule Break

Pink wrote:
Afternoon all

Hope you're all good.

Just a heads up that today during a long match on tiny2, SOMA was constantly camping behe in middle next to sub/flag.

I am aware that the map is hard to referee regarding siege camping and it may be worth overlooking some of the camping rules for that map.

However to be the worst offender of the rule breaking as a referee himself I thought was poor. Of course he wasn't logged in as a ref but I think he has God Ref. When I challenged him and mentioned I would post on these forums he just said "Good luck".

As a former God Ref I just thought I would put in my opinion on this and let you know I don't think other refs would behave the same way. I wouldnt normally bother to post but I think this case warranted my input here as it does spoil the game somewhat.

Many thanks, keep up the good work.

Pink

Greetings Sir Pink,

good to see you around on forums once in a while! You're always an welcome player to me.

First of all I'm sorry your game experience has been spoiled by this little incident.
As I have no demo or screenshots properly describing this case I will not take any actions as in modifying existant rule(s). Tiny is and has always been a camp map. Behemoth not being able to pass is just unfair as the beast team is 1 unit down to humans. So I would have allowed camping in that case.

BUT as the point has been missed up till now I think it's time to clear it up.
Pink was NOT creating this topic to start another camping discussion. It was made to inform us of Referee Camping which is pretty much another story to me.

Basically what I do not agree on is SOMAs comment: 'Good luck.' That's simply disrespectful, especially towards an old and well-known Savage Veteran and Ex-Referee on our beloved server.

Also statements like this are of no help:
Quote:
In my opinion Camping maps, so maps where refs do not punish it, do not exist. Either the ref is too lazy or too inexperienced to punish correctly.

Bad-mouthing other referees is simply unnecessary, every referee has his own style of using his powers. Please refrain to do so in future.

About this whole case:
Referees are volunteers. This shall be forgotten at no point!
If they are breaking rules they should be punished just like any other player. Using referee powers to prevent getting punished will be taken as abuse which can reported to this forums at all times. Being a referee is really time-consuming at some times, so I'm pretty much okay with if you're enjoying a game just like before you became a referee.

P.S. If you dislike Behemoths defending the only way, prevent playing maps like these or even try to vote them down on Newerth.

My 2 cents on this.

Much respect

- Trigardon, appointed Referee-Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:54 pm
soma
Newbie poster

Totally agreed with you pink and trigardon , we all got the point so we shall enjoy with game ,we all in this forum for 1 reason is to make this game more fun and fair.

and i hope that this (goodluck!!) didn't make you feel disappointed or disrespectful Pink.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:06 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

The camping rule is stupid and ill defined in the rules, Its confusion and infinite variations of misinterpretation perpetuate all through this forum. The fact that the rule has recently become map dependent only strengthens the case that it should be removed. Not only were technical solutions found even possible though mapping, but the server settings themselves. Its about time this grey area of savage was fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:36 pm
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum » Feedback, Complains and Suggestion
Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum