Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:35 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Referee application
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [19 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Altair
Newbie poster

Referee application

Hi everyone,

Currently I am in between graduating and a job which means I have a lot of time on my hand. This results in me playing a lot on the Groentjuhs server. For the last 6 months I've been very annoyed by the lack of referees. I had love to help the team out by joining it.

I've been playing Savage for the last 10 years or possibly even more. I know the server rules by heart and am looking forward to be a mediator in the server whenever there is a problem. So often games are ruined by exploiting, this will be my most important thing to look after and try to prevent it from happening. I think of myself as someone who would follow the rules quite strictly, but always keep in mind that the server has to be full and the games have to be good.

In case more information is requested I will gladly provide it.

With kind regards,

Altair

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:57 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
drk
Newbie poster

Good luck with your apply.
I'd be glad to hear more from different people. Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:25 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Altair
Newbie poster

Thank you drk.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:56 am
Rene
Newbie poster

Altair deserves it, I know this guy from HvH days. Very fitting character

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:57 pm
Moxy
Newbie poster

i know altair as well, seems like a good match

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:23 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Altair
Newbie poster

Thanks to you both. Who is the mysterious Rene? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:30 pm
Rene
Newbie poster

I used to wear Dark Angel/Darkwyn as nick like 6-7 years ago. But then I decided to stick to Rene for many years.
I was there when you guys formed IF. Aand I know DD irl. I think we talked a lil with you too, you were a med student aswell if my memory serves correct Very Happy congrats with graduation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:14 pm
Dingfire
Newbie poster

You have been rude to me in the past so I do not have much reason to like you...

Never the less I don't know you so I can not comment on whether you would be a good ref or not.

I hope you are not like that again if you are to be part of the team.

PS: I am however worried that you would act too strictly sometimes, that is an impression you have given me. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:32 pm
Altair
Newbie poster

I think you are right Dingfire about being too strict so if I make the cut I'll be spending a lot of time asking feedback from the other refs during my trail. As a ref you must try to become better at reffing each week and that is exactly what I intend to do.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:29 am
Altair
Newbie poster

Rene wrote:
I used to wear Dark Angel/Darkwyn as nick like 6-7 years ago. But then I decided to stick to Rene for many years.
I was there when you guys formed IF. Aand I know DD irl. I think we talked a lil with you too, you were a med student aswell if my memory serves correct Very Happy congrats with graduation

Ah yeah of course I remember you, didn't know u were using this nickname nowadays Smile Yep med school, those were the days Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:31 am
SAS
Newbie poster

gl mate,
altair is a great lad, i f1
altair, i hope the community won't ruin your sav gameplay though. being ref is quite shitty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:32 pm
Rene
Newbie poster

SAS is true, Gridfon and I suffered a lot from this thing particularly, you'd make hell of a ref. But are you sure?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:24 pm
Altair
Newbie poster

Most definitely. I know it means you have to go spec a lot but I'm willing to do so. Really looking forward to making Savage a better place, one small step at the time without using too much kicks/mutes because that will only drop the player count.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:57 pm
SAS
Newbie poster

i didn't mean to go to spec a lot, i usually don't do that so much.
i meant that ppl will start hating u, cursing u all the time, and just be mean to you for doing your job
on the other hand, ppl won't really give u credit for doing your job. it looks childish, but it can really hurt your feelings and piss you off as well. instead of coming to play the game, a lot of time you need to handle kindergarden kids

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:07 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

Would I be so bold as to state my opinion of this application lol

Yes I feel Altair would make a good ref!
Oh whats that - djinghis thinks hes ok - he must be a troll Zulu nazi ISIS serial killers who strangles puppies, application denied Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:58 am
Page 1 of 2 [19 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Jump to: