Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
LAG on Groentjuh's Kingdom!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 3 [36 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
PitViper
Newbie poster

LAG on Groentjuh's Kingdom!

Apparently http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php?topic=18146 is the wrong place, so here it goes:

Last months I have lags and I see a lot of people complaining about it in chat.

How the lag feels
- The lag is not always present.
- Voice chats with a delay: v74 -> [delay 0,5 sec] -> "Hello."
- Melee fights that you will just lose because you get hit delayed.
- Players hard to hit with ranged when speeding, e.g. sac waves.

Info so far
- My system didn't change in years. Ping is low as usual; ~35ms. It's 100% not client side. Don't ask.
- Many people complain, but it is likely that not everyone on the server experiences the lag on the same time.
- The connection loss icon does not appear.
- Don't know if it's on other servers too. Previous week a match on a match server went fine, but this was not much people (~15).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:40 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Ale
Newbie poster

I agree. There are some serious lags going on. Alot of people are noticing them, I wonder why it took them so long to complain here.

BUT: I noticed the same lags on the Martial Arts arena aswell. Maybe a problem with Savage in general?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:25 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
Ale, did you notice it on "United Martial Arena" or "The Martial Arena"?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:55 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Trigardon
Newbie poster

To me it feels like there's a slight delay on United Martial Arts...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:59 pm
Ale
Newbie poster

I don't know anymore. Just tried them out both, seem to be fine for now. If I notice those lags again, ill drop by and leave a message.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:46 pm
Tasty
Newbie poster

I dont have lags on any Server, so im sry i cant help to fix

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:34 am
PitViper
Newbie poster

Some days ago on a new newerth.com server: no lag.
Now on Kingdom: lag.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:15 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

A lot of game interruptions with server wide lag past few days.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:46 am
Groentjuh
Site Admin

I wonder where I can find those lags. Today I locked GK on 2 cpu's (one physical cpu) with full access to that (Savage is single core process, so should be very happy with that! During the time I was present is was producing a very stable 20 server fps!) and there are still lags?! It makes me wonder if someone is not just fucking with the savage server itself to make pulse popular. 2 servers G&G and GK which are on different dedicated servers in different data-centers in different country both having the same lag issues.... Yea right!

I do not mind it if the community goes pulse. If pulse puts up 3 match servers and some other shit(AutoUpdater, masterserver, mapserver, iconserver, avatarserver) I do not mind I gain several euro a month by taking all my servers down. Thanks god there is someone who is willing to take that burden from me!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:35 am
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
PitViper
Newbie poster

Don't know whats up.
Maybe it is a bug in the engine that only appears on your server(s).

I'm watching server fps and didn't see it drop <18.
My own fps didn't drop <100.

I guess server fps is something different than 'visual' fps?
If not, then maybe a little more is needed because what I remember is that human eyes recognize movies starting from 24 fps.
Then again, if it was 20 fps for years, then 20 should work, but can always try more if possible and see what happens.

If you need some logs let us know. I'm trying to record a demo.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:35 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Groentjuh wrote:
I wonder where I can find those lags. Today I locked GK on 2 cpu's (one physical cpu) with full access to that (Savage is single core process, so should be very happy with that! During the time I was present is was producing a very stable 20 server fps!) and there are still lags?! It makes me wonder if someone is not just fucking with the savage server itself to make pulse popular. 2 servers G&G and GK which are on different dedicated servers in different data-centers in different country both having the same lag issues.... Yea right!

I do not mind it if the community goes pulse. If pulse puts up 3 match servers and some other shit(AutoUpdater, masterserver, mapserver, iconserver, avatarserver) I do not mind I gain several euro a month by taking all my servers down. Thanks god there is someone who is willing to take that burden from me!

I've noticed the lag on Pulse but only 10% of the lag on Kingdom, as far as girls its always been unplayable for me personally.

If you think someone is lagging your severs Groent, you should see all IP's that enter and leave it, I'm not sure thats the case anyway.

Pulse is not only a server that is less laggy at the moment but its also a server without your abusive refs Groentjuh. This is a large part of the reason people play there not so much the lag.
If you focus on the people you recruit as refs more than your CPU's, then maybe you will start seeing some of your old traffic return. Furthermore, although pulse has inherited your rule-set temporarily, at least the admin is and has been willing to discuss refining it to make for a better fairer server also easier for referees to adjudicate.

That's my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:40 pm
Groentjuh
Site Admin

As far as I can see: His refs are drk, soma and I know several other of the GK refs were asked.

So would you care to define that ref abuse more?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:32 pm
ICQ Number 
djinghis
Newbie poster

I'm sure you can handle the basic process of elimination, and as far as the day to day misinterpretation of your fallible rules are concerned, its not worth documenting as its simply too common. If you ever played savage, and I'm having trouble seeing you personally actually ever playing savage groentjuh, you would have a better understanding of how rules affect game-play and fair-play in savage. Even that clan war I commanded you in you seemed to go missing for almost all he game, at least get some games under your belt so you understand the game better.

Not only do some of your current refs ignore rule #1 specifically racism, they also enjoy participating in it.
The most broken rule in savage especially it seems by the very refs you trust to enforce them is #rule4 and its excessive not just a few lines, it always seems to be German too.
Rule#6 The most misinterpreted rule of them all. It seems that you're under qualified referees simply don't understand the word "Excessively". I've seen far too many times, first time spawners get slayed and then argue the point and get kicked (fist initial spawn is certainly not excessive) - admittedly this stupid rule to begin with is always going to be hard to enforce correctly.
The enforcement of rules by some of your referees is heavily bias, and embarrassingly obvious, and any argument is met with mutes and kicks.
Rule#16 your ref-admin called a kick vote without reason, surely this is not the example you want to set, despite him admitting to this he stated, he would not take it seriously without a demo file.
Rule#2 specifically attacking on-top of buildings, another rule refs enjoy breaking and enforcing when its the other team. This rule however can be diminished if you simply turned on anti-exploit in the server settings.

All-in-all, Pulse is a better place to play savage right now, you may disagree or not understand why despite my best attempts to explain my opinion why. But I've been sitting on your server "Kingdom" and the lag seems to have gone ATM. I guess that solves one problem...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:10 am
Tasty
Newbie poster

As i said 1000 times already, the Problems arent the refs djnghis, Player like You are the Problem!! You who keeps breaking rules for years now!! fucking years, you hacked maps and Server, you Insult Playery you call reasonless vote to kick/mute other you exploit, you behe spawn!

you do This shit for years now, you deserve Nothing djinghis! you had more then one Chance.

In my opinion you get banned again.

And btw where are you Screen or anything where you can see refs breaking rules!?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:46 am
Trigardon
Newbie poster

You're complaining about my referees?

Did you realize yet that the referees on Groentjuhs and Pulses do not differ that much?

Most people swapped to Pulse because of the 'Lags' not because of the referees. Only players who made alot of players leave actually complain about them, like you, Ikaros, Kenway and Grapist...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:36 pm
Page 1 of 3 [36 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Jump to: