Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Referee #2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
Stringer
Newbie poster

Referee #2

Oh hai thar!

Didn't really think that could happen, but here I am.

I'd like to apply for a referee status. With some refs resigning lately, number of active refs diminished, and I'd like to fill the spot.

Why? Well, lately I find myself quite often in situations where I wish I had ref, usually due to some people exploiting or flaming the hell out of chat.
And if drk/trig aren't around, it often becomes a problem.
It would be good to have an extra pair of eyes on lookout.

I am not big for strictly following rules, I'd rather use them as guidelines and rely on my judgement to promote fairplay.
I tend to be biased when playing, but I know that and so would refrain from acting in unclear situations while on field. I would consider going spec in dire cases though.
And I am also prepared to ignore whatever dirt people are going to throw at me with regards to me being a ref.

With all of that said, I am not looking for a job, or status or higher rank or w/e.
I am looking to be able to act when situation demands it.

I think that's about it.

TL;DR;
gief ref plox!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:44 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
soma
Newbie poster

Re: Referee #2

its a pleasure to see you he Stringer and refs always need someone like you and your place always ready so F2 for sure Very Happy

Good luck Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:04 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Trigardon
Newbie poster

I think I won a bet against gridfon!

F1 from me, finally you applied. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:47 pm
drk
Newbie poster

I'll trade my F1 for your '\n' chat codes Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:49 pm
Tasty
Newbie poster

that was unexpected, anyway i wish you the best of luck

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:00 am
Trigardon
Newbie poster

Did you ever ref before and are the ref commands known to you?

- Trigardon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:43 pm
Stringer
Newbie poster

Only was ref ages ago on a clan server, and only know basic commands that were there 9-10 years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:58 pm
Stringer
Newbie poster

Just got reminded of another reason why I'd like to be a ref.

A sub, on slope of a hill. You can walk onto sub from terrain without even jumping. The moment I stepped onto sub I got slain by enemy comm (!).
This was also the only moment in whole game when a human managed to reach that sub, so it's not like situation was desperate.
(not gonna tell who it was btw, just using it as an example)

To me, this was an exemplary bad reffing, where the guy used strict wording of a rule as an excuse to promote his agenda, instead of using his head to decide what is fair and what is not.
Probably wasn't even on purpose, he just failed to realise how biased he was.

One of reasons I want to be ref is to make sure there is less of such reffing.

Up to you to decide whenever this is good or bad.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:24 pm
Trigardon
Newbie poster

Trial-Referee granted.

Welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:18 pm
Moxy
Newbie poster

Hell yes to stringer, Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:11 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Groentjuh's Server Forum
Jump to: