Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Pulse FAQ/Intro
Moderators: Pulse's moderators
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 5 [61 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
JmZ
Newbie poster

Pulse FAQ/Intro

Hi,

As many of you noticed lately there is another server by the name of 'Pulse'.

What is it?

This started as an investigation into improving lag issues and referee management/communications among other things. It was intended to be a temporary solution until other servers (Kingdom) resolve their associated issues.

However, should you choose to continue playing here, it will remain online and maintained.

Rules

We enforce the official Newerth rules, like many other servers, to avoid confusion and to keep consistency.

The Pulse server is located in Germany, in attempts to achieve a lower average latency rather than bias towards one non-central area.

Administration

Pulse admins currently consist of only me, though one more may be added eventually.

Maps

Maps should be fairly up-to-date, but we are not synchronised automatically like other servers. This may result in a slight delay of new maps reaching us.

However, this does mean we control our own map repository, allowing us to decide rather than relying on Newerth map admin decisions only.

Referees

Referees are voted for and chosen separately to other servers.

All refs are voted on, by all currently active refs (until a majority vote is reached).

Applying for Referee

If you wish to become a ref (all applications are considered at all times unless explicitly specified that we need no more), simply make a topic in this section.

As mentioned already, you will be voted on by all active refs until a majority vote is reached.

Importantly, my vote counts as much as a ref's vote, so there is no non-voted route to said rank.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:55 pm
Last edited by JmZ on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

Re: Pulse FAQ/Intro

First of all, thanks for creating an optional server.

JmZ wrote:

What is it?

This started as an investigation into improving lag issues and referee management/communications among other things. It was intended to be a temporary solution until other servers (Kingdom) resolve their associated issues.

If this is the case, why is the only mention of it on the competing server forum and why does it have its own forum "category" (afaik an admin can only create categories) groent seemed pissed off about pulse, that is why I ask. Is this better communication between refs hosted on another forum or is it all purely in-game?

PS. thanks for enabling anti-exploit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:32 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
JmZ
Newbie poster

I was previously using a private slack.com group for ref communication as hosting (yet another) forum seemed a little excessive.

However, I felt this was still causing confusion and risked splitting people between places.

I thought the best solution would be to instead manage all communication through this forum (as everyone knows it already) but with a completely separate group and permissions. I discussed this with Groentjuh and we came to the agreement that it was the best move to make, to keep the community where it is.

So there are currently two sets of groups on here: Pulse and Kingdom/G&G. They each see their own sections but not others (unless they are in both, or they are Groentjuh as he sees all sections).

I do make an effort to see how each ref is doing and discuss in-game regularly though, too. I also insist they do the same and have some different guidelines in place for them to follow, to help improve these things.

Hope that explains everything for you (:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:03 pm
Tasty
Newbie poster

Does it really matters, on which Server we play, as long there is a server to play?

i dont think so

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:06 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

It matters,

anti-shimmy
anti-ref abuse
anti-trigardon

Very Happy

@jmz
Do you mean to say you have your own map database + newerths? If so you should get a front page to index and even have upload functionality for map admins. Id like to see some of the thousands of maps savagebeard deleted just before he left savage.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:26 am
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
JmZ's server is using Newerth's map database, but is not automatically attached to it like Groentjuh's Kingdom. This means he must manually add new maps to his server, but also is not bound to any mapstatus of Newerth's mapsection.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:59 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Shitler
Newbie poster

Pulse Server is also horrible laggy. Nobody can enjoy playing Savage atm.
Whats wrong with the servers? Fix it somehow please. Thx.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:00 pm
Shitler
Newbie poster

can u guys please do something?

im really getting tired of it....sometimes i need to mark workers more than 4 times until they react.

thats fucked up if u want to build a quick tower to prevent someone sac shield or shield is getting hit by summs.

sometimes i press to research some tech, but game doesnt accept. if u dont notice u didnt research tech u will be in big disadvantage. this just sucks...pulse server isnt much better than groentjuh kingdom.

fix your laggy server please.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:02 pm
JmZ
Newbie poster

Very few people seem to have consistently the same lag, so i think it may well be specific to you (even if it is related to this server, like a bad route between you and it).

There isn't a lot i can do about such problems as they are on the network rather than the server, but I will take a look for you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:15 pm
Shitler
Newbie poster

K...thx

i never had lags before. There must be some changes at game or server, that causes this lag.

My Ping usually is around ~50. Sometimes i see ping going down to less than 30, but lags getting worse. Also sometimes my ping starts jumping from 50 to ~200. it starts going up and down all the time. reconnecting doesnt change it.

I'm living in Germany and my PC specs are:

i5 6600k 4x3,5 GHz
16 GB RAM
Gtx 960

any other game works well, like my latest: rainbow six siege.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:55 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Lag can refer to several things.

i.e.
low framerate (graphics lag).
Slow load times (CPU/RAM usage)
Or most commonly (Network lag)

I think you're refering to the latter, therefore your hardware specs are of no use, instead look at your ISP or network connections and make sure your network is clean of eg. hardware using the same connection like wireless devices, network tasks like steam/update and cloud services.

On another note, "ping" had no noticeable affect until you go into multiples of 100, the most important part of ping is its frequency degradation, if you get "spikes" of 10 with a low ping like 40, then you will notice inconsistencies in hits and block times. Even with my grand ping of 350 I'm able to play so long as my network is constant and the servers is nice and stable. I personally only notice spikes of around 7-8ms average on Pulse which is quite stable.

The problem with Groents servers i noticed was that the "spiking" occurred but at greater frequencies, it could be fine for 10 minutes and then unplayable for 30 seconds and then fine for 2 minutes etc etc.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:59 am
Shitler
Newbie poster

Yesterday Server Worked perfectly. No lags at all. I dont know if u did any changes, but today it's a little laggy again. But still much better than the days before.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:51 pm
Shitler
Newbie poster

Very laggy today

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:56 pm
Shitler
Newbie poster

This server still lags like shit. Nearly als bad als groentjuhs Server.

What did u change 10 days ago? It Worked well again on that day.

Fix this lag

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:48 pm
jazzking
Newbie poster

What was done to improve supposed lag issues?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:23 am
Page 1 of 5 [61 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Jump to: