Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Sat May 18, 2024 8:40 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
 Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Pulse Gold Start
Moderators: Pulse's moderators
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [18 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
djinghis
Newbie poster

Pulse Gold Start
request

After experiencing the absolute pits of team play and intellect for some games as human commander, having to get my own gold at the very start, even with a 10 player team, I find it baffling the lack of understanding from players of the game they play, I wont name names )

Anyway, here's my request.
Team gold start for "both" team raised from $1500 to $2500, this will give a boost the the struggling Human race and enable a tower and sub at the start (essential). Beast will benefit, but not as much as the tower dependent humans, especially in small games with downsizers lurking.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:38 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Telvek
Newbie poster

Agree.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:35 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Ale
Newbie poster

If nobody on your team can be arsed to get gold, your team does not deserve to win.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:56 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

Ale wrote:
If nobody on your team can be arsed to get gold, your team does not deserve to win.

Games that are over before they start are a waste of my time, and generally others, gold still needs to be gained but at least small games can develop into something that isn't a one-way slaughter.

As to whom deserves to lose, well its not a clan war for a start or any professional event, its supposed to be a fun experience, and the weaknesses and ineptitude of a team can still surface throughout the game. But why make a "human" commander suffer in a game that will last 2 to 10 minutes with no workers and any chance to recover? The request is not solely about the shortcomings of a team but also a small swing of balance towards Humans as beast can travel 2X faster towards unprotected workers. Lets face it, no matter how good your aim, hunting bow vs 3 desperate scavs wanting to ruin a game will always succeed without a tower defense.

I challenge your comment sir.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:34 am
Ale
Newbie poster

It's a teamgame afterall. If there's no teamplay in your team, your team ain't acting like a team and does not deserve to be called a team.

No seriously, I command humans way more often then beasts. I havn't had any "early worker kill" issues since 2010. I always force someone to get me some gold in the beginning and build a tower straight away.

+ I've successfully defended unprotected workers with a hunting bow countless times
+ I've killed unprotected beast workers just as often
+ Workers are not unprotected if you take care of them. Comms ability to move them make them a pretty hard target for item/weaponless Scavengers. Once his stamania is burnt, he's just a piece of crap waiting to be pwnd. Try it out.

So instead of asking for a settings buff, maybe it's time for you to get some skill Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:46 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Ale wrote:
It's a teamgame afterall. If there's no teamplay in your team, your team ain't acting like a team and does not deserve to be called a team.

No seriously, I command humans way more often then beasts. I havn't had any "early worker kill" issues since 2010. I always force someone to get me some gold in the beginning and build a tower straight away.

+ I've successfully defended unprotected workers with a hunting bow countless times
+ Workers are not unprotected if you take care of them. Comms ability to move them make them a pretty hard target for item/weaponless Scavengers. Once his stamania is burnt, he's just a piece of crap waiting to be pwnd. Try it out.

So instead of asking for a settings buff, maybe it's time for you to get some skill Smile

Funny how you try to turn the topic into "all about you" while calling it a teamgame Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:34 pm
Ale
Newbie poster

Since you obviously fail to read between the lines (intelligence - lat. inter legere: read inbetween) let me clarify what you should have been able to conclude from the experiences I listed here:

1st - Yes losing workers is a hazard for every comm and every team in this game but every comm and every player should be totally aware of this danger and act accordingly.

2nd - The risk ain't that big if you know what you are doing. Team can defend, Comm can dodge.

3rd - The risk for beast losing their workers is nearly as big as for humans.

4th - A team that does not care about it's own workers and does not bother to help protecting them is a bad team and probably deserves to lose. Even if public games are not to be taken as seriously as CWs, if you are playing a team game, play for your team and not for yourself.

People going after your workers is something you have to take into account when you play this game. Just as you have to expect Summoners shooting at your shield and djinghis firebuffing his Pred to kill some Nomads. That's one of the many challenges this game has to offer and I'd like to leave it that way.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:56 pm
bullet
Newbie poster

My 5 cents; the only thing regarding gold that would be a beneficial change : Having the team gold enforced on 3000 gold by default.

I see lots of newbie comms who cant manage gold, and when the crucial time to build a shield , or make a new one comes up, they dont have gold.

Just put enforced on by default.

The starting gold can remain the same, its a teamwork game, as Ale states.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:11 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

Ale wrote:

Ale wrote:
Since you obviously fail to read between the lines (intelligence - lat. inter legere: read inbetween) let me clarify what you should have been able to conclude from the experiences I listed here:

1st - Yes losing workers is a hazard for every comm and every team in this game but every comm and every player should be totally aware of this danger and act accordingly.

2nd - The risk ain't that big if you know what you are doing. Team can defend, Comm can dodge.

3rd - The risk for beast losing their workers is nearly as big as for humans.

4th - A team that does not care about it's own workers and does not bother to help protecting them is a bad team and probably deserves to lose. Even if public games are not to be taken as seriously as CWs, if you are playing a team game, play for your team and not for yourself.

People going after your workers is something you have to take into account when you play this game. Just as you have to expect Summoners shooting at your shield and djinghis firebuffing his Pred to kill some Nomads. That's one of the many challenges this game has to offer and I'd like to leave it that way.

You've attempted to make 4 points when you've only really made one (3rd) and its incorrect. Nothing you say is really relevant to the argument and your use of the word ain't and definition of intelligence in the same post diminishes how serious I can take you (what is this, the Bayou). If you have it in you, a actual original thought that occludes your spite and jealousy of me, then let us know, otherwise go back to your wiki definitions and learn some more.

@bullet The "reserve" is not what the post is about but i agree a bigger reserve may help, although I seldom change my $1500 reserve until mid game and even then its amounts of 15000 or 20000. And don't forget that a reserve is great but you need to gain the capital to reach it, otherwise its just a pipe dream ) Also, other than a player being able to change the default commander reserve, the only other way is through a patch, I don't think its a server setting.

Some maps have a fair distance between where players initially spawn and where the gold is, some maps, NPC's are not even visible because they are so far away. Also, the most prominent of the complaints of savage internally and externally is Sac rushes, compounding that is the fact that beast win 77% of all games due to (IMO) humans dependence on one building (shield tower). My request is hardly a solution to this overall "problem" but I feel its a step in the right direction (no matter how trivial). Its not like nerfing one race, but adjusting basic settings that the weaker race can benefit slightly more from, to bring them on par.

Vehemently defending the $1500 initial start amount, without egotistical boasting and simpleton insults will be disregarded. Example Ale, I'm so fucking good I don't need it, you're shit and that's why you need it, quote intelligence and say how you ain't lol, you ain't a team then you ain't deserve to win. Just as an example )

P.S. I Commanded a game last night with 14 players (mostly vets) with my persistent V.C "We need more gold" before the match started, and I had to spawn and kill 3 monkits losing 40 essential seconds. Players feel that they can take on enemies and get gold the hard way, but of course when it fails......it fails.....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:32 am
Ale
Newbie poster

Oh no, I misused a word in a langauge that ain't my mother tounge. I must be so dumb, I should be glad breathing is a reflex. Let's make this whole discussion about how I used the word ain't cause that's what its all about. You know you've already won an argument when your opponent starts correcting your grammer instead of discussing the content of your words, .

Once again, the ability to read between the lines, means to be able to read what somebody WANTS TO EXPRESS, not what somebody IS ACTUALLY SAYING taking him word for word. Once again you proved you fail at that. And you are actually talking about not taking me serious?

And no, I made 4 distinct points, but I don't expect you to see that as you're clearly unable to comprehend even the simplest facts.

P.S. I'm so jealous of you, I dream about you every night. I can only imagine whats it's like to love a game so much, that I spend 25 - 50 % of my wake time on it but on the other hand being outcasted from this very game. It must feel so great to be kicked on a regular basis, messed around with on the game forums and noone giving a fuck about it. Nobody cares about you djinghis, nobody cares if you get kicked, nobody cares about your complaints, nobody cares about your suggestions. I am one of the last guys bothering to spend some time talking to you. You've just proven yourself to be not worth it. From now on you're on your own.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:55 am
bullet
Newbie poster

Off topic: You guys are really off topic now. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:45 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

You should clear your head ale.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:47 pm
Jegenrapo
Newbie poster

You too djinghnis Wink No offense Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:42 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Ale
Newbie poster

fyi djinghis, I was not bragging with my skill up there, I was trying to give you a different point of view. That's what you do when you discuss changes as the one you suggested: You collect different opinions and point of views and then carefully assess if the proposed change is justified. Those "insults" you were talking about were more of a tease than serious insults.

From what you said, you gave me the impression, that you think human workers are basically freekills for beasts in the early game. This does not match my opinion so I shared some experiences with you explaining why. Instead of giving us further insight into your point of view or evaluating mine, you immediately went berserk and attacked me on a personal level. You didn't care about my arguments, you just discussed the intentions behind those arguments (and you were wrong). Actually it wasn't me, it was you making this topic "all about me". I didn't give up and made an additional attempt to explain what I was trying to say and hoped you could reconsider your behavior and actually argue like a grown up. Instead you took it even further and started commenting my grammar (wtf?) and personally attacked me once again.

You sir are either a bigot or living in your very own personal 2nd reality. Either way I don't want to have anything to do with you anymore you motherfucker. Go die your own horrible horrible death you're so thoroughly working towards and leave us alone please. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:36 pm
Last edited by Ale on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Telvek
Newbie poster

bullet wrote:
Off topic: You guys are really off topic now. Rolling Eyes

Although I didn't read a single sentence from you, I clearly agree
I just know it Razz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:55 pm
Page 1 of 2 [18 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Jump to: