Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:47 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
SOMA kicked half of server
Moderators: Pulse's moderators
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 3 [44 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Elendil
Newbie poster

SOMA kicked half of server

Short introduction: I joined server with 11 ppl at evening, when we usually have 20-30 ppl, and see that there is referee "soma" there(can't write his name starting with capital letter with obvoius reason)

As you all know he is famoust for kicking without a reason, e.g. yesterday Fury was kicked for no reason, just because soma didn't like him

That's why I decided to throw a joke which you can read the dialog in below:

JmZ do you really think he is an adequate? As for me he isn't
Few more such refs as soma and we can close the game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:33 pm
Last edited by Elendil on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Elendil
Newbie poster

Demo file you can find in the attachment

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:50 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Elendil
Newbie poster

and he did it again + demo attached

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:03 pm
Stringer
Newbie poster

I was an eye witness to both Fury kicking and the second Elendil kicking.
To my knowledge, both kicks happened because the guy in question was acting disrespectful toward the ref, with no other wrongdoings that I could see.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:11 pm
Elendil
Newbie poster

I have done nothing wrong, screenshots and demo files prove that.
First time I just told a joke, second time i did nothing.

Jmz can check demo files and see what happend.

I wont play servers where such refs as soma exist.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:22 pm
soma
Newbie poster

For Elendil: if you didn't understand after all years playing savage why you got kicked, then its your problem not with someone else.

For Stringer: if you're right that the (only) reason you saw by your eyes (once you joined the server) then its fair enough for me, or maybe you like player disrespect you and others.

and again stringer if you feel that you're right or having doubt of any action done by ref, you can ask them in private to get more clear info before you start acting like a hero.. just think twice before you act in public.

rest will be discuss with JMZ.

have fun.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:27 pm
The Raging Asparagus
Newbie poster

Well,
If I count the endless times I saw drk and *3dman* kick players for disrespecting them then I guess soma can do it as well.

Just yesterday I believe we saw Avenue_Sep being turned completely only because drk decided to kick Ikaros for disrespecting him.

I cannot say I like it but if the refs decided this is a kickable offense then soma is no different than other refs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:34 pm
Elendil
Newbie poster

Even drk never kicks for jokes, he can mute me, but I can't remember that he kicked me for a joke.
And especially 2 times in a row, when 2nd time I even haven't say a word about you, only about your actions.

Its a new level of dickness in Savage to kick for nothing, you aren't gods guys.

Sometimes I think that refs came to game only to kick/mute people they dont like, because 90% of time we play without them, and when they online someone always gets kicked for nothing.

I love this game, but with current refs quality we're going to nowhere.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:18 pm
Telvek
Newbie poster

Elendil is not my best friend, but I definitely cannot see any disrespectful behaviour in the demos. Claiming that this attitude is disrespectful and using it as justification to kick without a warning is a shame - even if Elendil is the victim
(This opinion that some players are less worth than others due to the fact that they flame/exploit/insult more often so you do not need a [good] explanation why you kicked/muted them is in my opinion very questionable anyway^^)

Whatever. Even if Elendil acted disrespectful, I know you guys are pros in finding these excuses, an immediate kick without warning or sth similar...well thank god I am not allowed to judge ')

@TRA: Ikaros acted very disrespectful plus drk muted him before the kick.

You're a nice guy SOMA, but in my eyes you failed again as referee.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:10 am
soma
Newbie poster

Thank you for your reply Telvek, i understand how you judge on things in a very decent way, but what i want to say and i hope you all can get it, my point is for a ref he is not supposed to share every and each moment/demo when a play show disrespecting or bad attitude with a player/ref, for me i don't have time to spend for attaching demos and write topics to explain to players... Demos ready only for JMZ when required. whether player act on pulse of GK server.

There is nothing between me and this guy to make it a (joke) if he want to join and play like any other players include me, he can do it otherwise he will be kicked again and again.
if you count the number of complains you will found it (nothing) and only come form a few players that we all know them. why cuz all others want only to enjoy.

For a player called fury that elendil talked about, he just insult 3 times before i take action to kick
reason: i just elec him 1vs1 2 times during a sac rush. and he start callvote msg many time against me even after we finishing the map.
the funny thing is what i have from demo when Elendil start acting!!
i don't have to give a text warning for every and each players who are spending years in this game, if i stopped a vote it will count as warning.

so you have to know that if you keep insult a players/ref today, it will not (Shift+delete) in the next day. i think victim should be away from trouble not to put his nose in each and every thing.
each ref have his own way to deal with players, some are common and some aren't.

end of the day you all joining the game for same reason and ofc to have fun with each others no hate no troll no shit talk. the only one can judge is server admin.

i hope you guys can mention the good part that its happen daily without feel even thankful, not only a complain for useless part after 1 or 2 month.
do you think this topic or others will change something in my or your career Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:15 am
Stringer
Newbie poster

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, and it is indeed whole essence of refs job to make a call and take action in a way he or she sees fit.

I want to state my opinion, just for the record, so it will be out there on the internet (and so later on I can say "I told you so" Smile )

In my eyes, kick is the last option, only to be used when there are no other options left and there are heavy reasons to go through with it.

Lets make one thing clear: savage population is low as it is, so removing an active player is an action that damages savage game as a whole.

In order to justify that damage, player actions must damage whole game/server even more. And I mean, damage whole game, not just one person experience.

Three examples:
1) djinghis commands, bails mid game which ruins game for his whole team. He does this 3 times in a row, and on 3rd time he not only bails buy joins opposite team to siege his own base.
In doing so, he ruins the game for not just himself or some one guy, but for basically whole server, who can't get a decent game 3 times in a row.
Therefore, removing him adds up to more good than bad, so he was kicked.

2) rin, joins and spams whole server. But do no other harm. When he is muted, he sometimes participates in game like a regular player. So if he was kicked, that would amount to more damage than good - a potential active player removed from server. So he is never kicked, only muted to cull the actual harm he does, but is allowed to remain on server.

3) elendil, first opportunity he can he starts moaning at me for being bad ref for whatever reason he can find. However, his moaning only directed toward me, it does not hurt or damage sever or game or anyone else. Since no damage to game is being done, no ref action is required. So I just ignore him in my mind and take no action. After all, as saying goes, a smart person does not get mad at fools.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:07 pm
The Raging Asparagus
Newbie poster

The thing is Stringer.. I believe what you just said should not be an opinion it should be refs guidelines and if refs are acting otherwise they should have a very good reason for it.

But since 3dman and drk always kick for the lamest reasons (basically their pride) it became a matter of opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:21 pm
Telvek
Newbie poster

Still don't get the reason why Elendil was kicked, apparently refs do not have to explain their behaviour anymore towards the simple people...

If I understood you right SOMA, you don't want to justify your behaviour towards me or any other except JmZ and you don't care at all about that topic...was my impression after your remark, perhaps I missunderstood it :$

Btw: Nice attitude as ref Stringer, you just became one of my favourite refs through this comment

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:46 pm
soma
Newbie poster

why i have to explain to you Telvek Smile it will not change the world.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:08 pm
Telvek
Newbie poster

Well I think I am not the only one that is curious why you kick a player 2 times without warning without an obvious reason. Therefore I'd like to know why you did it.
Of course you do not have to answer, but you have to admit that such an attitude does not show responsibiliy and maturity Wink
It will not change the world, but it may change your reputation as referee, your ability to explain your actions and your skill to referee decently.
Back in my days as referee, a public explanation for complaints simply natural...whatever Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:49 pm
Page 1 of 3 [44 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Jump to: