Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:11 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
Feathers
April 19 1994 (30 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Ref abuse
Moderators: Pulse's moderators
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 4 [55 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
djinghis
Newbie poster

Ref abuse
special powers during game - Dingfire

Acting referee - Dingfire
Abuse - using ballistics weapon for crossbow during game
reason - retaliation for losing his shield
Time - Approx 02:45 GMT ~ 15/11/2016

demo - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81292617/Savage/DingfireAbuse15.11.16.zip

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:10 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
JmZ
Newbie poster

thanks djinghis, some new internal rules/guidelines have been written for use of these commands now.

all refs will be following them from now on.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:58 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Necro
Newbie poster

yea, I also had a problem with Dingfire. It's a shame that this kind of stuff is still happening and it's not just him.
Here's a demo of him selectively choosing which rules to enforce then killing me when I block one of his defensive behes...I didn't even get out of map or to terrain that was inaccessible. I am not looking for him to be punished, just want him to acknowledge that he was wrong.
http://www.filedropper.com/necro-xrminishorelineam-11152016-3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:16 am
Last edited by Necro on Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Dingfire
Newbie poster

2. Players are not allowed to exploit the map or the terrain.

* Utilising damage blow-back (i.e. being hit by a behemoth) to reach otherwise unreachable areas. In case a player finds himself in such a spot he is to take the most direct route the same way back.

nuff said

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:23 am
Necro
Newbie poster

The area I was in was not unreachable!! I was clearly inside the map and didn't use terrain at all.

Maybe if you enforced rule 6 once in the game we wouldn't be having this discussion.
"Players are not allowed to camp at spawn locations with siege units."
"Excessively spawning as behemoth unit, solely for defensive purposes, will be considered camping"

Or do you choose to ignore that as you're commander of team 2?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:35 am
The Raging Asparagus
Newbie poster

WOW,
First of all great skills Necro, was very fun watching your demo.

Second, what Necro posted is exactly what happened 2 months ago in a game where Sir Ikaros was behe blowed on top of a corner charm and he got down on the other side, then he was "blocked" behind the charm and lair and ruined the charm.

We had a HUGE argument with Telvek (me and Sir Ikaros claiming this is legal).
Telvek even added a special rule to pug cup clarifying in such cases human player must reloc back or sucide (if he doesn't have reloc).

I believe this is preposterous and the rule MUST be changed:
1) The human player cannot know if beast players can shimmy up to their zone or not (hence they cannot know if this terrain is reachable or unreachable) as it is not blocked by natural terrain, it is blocked by tech.
And in my opinion this is exactly what the rule should say, only a terrain which is inaccessible due to map terrain design should be regarded as illegal.

2) Supposed the human player knows somehow it's a blocked place (by tech) and he has no reloc.
He cannot go back to where he was (since it's blocked) so his only option is to suicide (/kill), hence the act of blocking a behe is "rewarded" by losing all your gold and life.

3) A player using a Behe for defensive purposes should know he is taking some risk and has some responsibility due to blowbacks (otherwise it's brain-dead standing and defending tech in a map like mini_shoreline and many other small maps).
He cannot just assume he either kills the player or if blowback happens the player will have to kill itself or reloc back (it's actually a lot like playing a "sold"/"fixed" game).

4) As I explained Telvek, I believe the rule's pure intention was to prevent blowback resulting in reaching natural inaccessible terrain and from there you have an obvious unfair advantage to just walk the entire map or shoot from above and basically to get to places the map planner didn't intend you get to,
I don't think the rule intention was no to get to places the beast comm didn't intend you get to.

5) A tech block in opposed to a natural block can be sold and in my opinion this is what dingfire should had done.
So this should answer dingfire's question to Necro "how is my team supposed to get there"
As mentioned, you cannot simply surround a heal spire with tech and protect it with behes given the premise they can blowback as they like and the player will voluntarily suicide or reloc.

So regardless of dingfire's actions which are about a rule interpretation I think to better the game this rule MUST be altered.
Nobody wants such an advantage to brain-dead behe game.
And beasts already win most of the matches (statistically) so the asymmetrical equivalence Savage is trying to achieve will be better met by changing this rule.

As long as this rule doesn't change I do wish to ask all referees to interpret the rule based on what I wrote and not what is convenient for you based on the team you are now playing (a known ref symptom Smile)..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:23 am
Necro
Newbie poster

Thanks for watching and complimenting. Agreed with everything you said so thanks for typing it out Very Happy As I said I am not looking for Dingfire to be punished, I merely want the rules to clearly outline what is and is not legal. It seems each ref has a different set of rules that people need to abide by and it's becoming stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:42 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

JmZ wrote:
thanks djinghis, some new internal rules/guidelines have been written for use of these commands now.

all refs will be following them from now on.

It's hard to believe if not impossible that these so called internal rules did not already exist or certainly this behavior did not fall under common sense. It's the epitome of abuse and I cna't think of a better example or anything close to this level of abuse, giving god weapons to your team in retaliation of losing a shield - seriously?

Although the demo is short, the god weapon was around for about 5 minutes and killed many of my team - you think it's fair on them?

no, not good enough.

At the very least a demotion is in order, god/admin knows what these refs are doing in the background to boost their game... ima write a script for accounting for redstone, as I know a lot of python eludes the event log.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:00 am
Dingfire
Newbie poster

It was a small one time joke djinghis, at 5am european time 3v4.
Don't act all drama about it. We all know you are just eager to see me/refs demoted. Still butthurt about me enforcing that ban on you that you got on Groentjuh's server, which you got for adding a hacked map to crash it. Lets not forget. Smile , Careful JmZ , if he doesn't get his way he might do the same to your server!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:16 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

Dingfire wrote:
It was a small one time joke djinghis, at 5am european time 3v4.
Don't act all drama about it. We all know you are just eager to see me/refs demoted. Still butthurt about me enforcing that ban on you that you got on Groentjuh's server, which you got for adding a hacked map to crash it. Lets not forget. Smile , Careful JmZ , if he doesn't get his way he might do the same to your server!

I never crashed any server, and your childish attitude and pathetic adjudication will come to an end soon enough, you are part of the dead wood that migrated over from Groentjuh reflist.

And it was more like 4 vs 5 and only 3 or 4 of you were european, not that your excuse "small one time joke" has any credibility, it's not weighing in your favour as it is, and turning your abuse thread into an attack on me must be the final straw, savage doesn't need you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:38 am
Dingfire
Newbie poster

haha yeah Groentjuh hands out bans for no reason Very Happy . Stop acting like you are a saint.

As I said yes it was a one time thing, no need to worry about that dear djinghis.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:46 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

Dingfire wrote:
haha yeah Groentjuh hands out bans for no reason Very Happy . Stop acting like you are a saint.

As I said yes it was a one time thing, no need to worry about that dear djinghis.

No need to worry about being a ref anymore, hope it was worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:34 am
coincoinmiaou2
Newbie poster

Necro wrote:
Thanks for watching and complimenting. Agreed with everything you said so thanks for typing it out Very Happy As I said I am not looking for Dingfire to be punished, I merely want the rules to clearly outline what is and is not legal. It seems each ref has a different set of rules that people need to abide by and it's becoming stupid.

I think exactly the same, this rule needs to be worked. Never or barely know when its allowed or not. Maybe we should not allow this only when beast cant reach it ? if its in closed area by beast buildings but there is sub inside it should be allowed as said TRA.

Djnghis : As Jmz said "some new internal rules/guidelines have been written for use of these commands now.". We dont and cant act without talk/warn, you made a first warning, we recieved it and Jmz did set some intern rules. If you meet this problem again just say it and we will take some new dispositions.

No need to make a drama.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:13 am
Gridfon
Newbie poster

The Raging Asparagus wrote:
Telvek even added a special rule to pug cup clarifying in such cases human player must reloc back or sucide (if he doesn't have reloc).

I think there is some misunderstanding here. You mean this rule, right?

It was written by sorel after a lengthy discussion in the newerth Clan Quorum. It is meant to allow staying in between beast buildings if you get there by using damage blow-back. If this is not how it reads to people with good English skills, it should simply be reworded. This is not a "special rule", and there is certainly no *evil* behavior by Telvek involved. Smile As you see in the linked post, it was added because I made sure to remind Telvek about it.

This newerth competition rule is different from the rule used for pub servers, but the differences are subtle and I don't remember these details. However, I am sure it is also allowed on pub (me and sorel spent some time discussing this with respect to both public games and competitions earlier this year, which resulted in him writing that new rule that was used for Pug Cup). // The internal Q&A post in Groentjuh's server forum (by Skuggi) might help to interpret the pub server's rule.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:36 am
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
coincoinmiaou2
Newbie poster

Well even if you answered to my questions i will reformul more clearly my questions to be sure of my understanding : (and im talking about pub games)
1) is attacking on top of building allowed if i can access it by a jump ? (i guess yes)
2) is attacking on top of building allowed if i can access it by shimmying ? (i guess no)
3) is using block behe allowed to get through a beast buildings wall area unreachable allowed even if beast can access it by a sublair ? (?)
4) is using block behe allowed to get through a beast buildings wall area unreachable allowed without beast access ? (i guess no)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:09 am
Page 1 of 4 [55 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Jump to: