Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Concerns about Element as a referee
Moderators: Pulse's moderators
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 2 of 3 [32 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
bullet
Newbie poster

Please guys, dont throw insults around and go completely off topic. I await JMZ' reply to this. Other referees opinion on this would be interesting to hear aswell.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:55 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Trigardon
Newbie poster

JmZ does not care.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:55 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

Just played 3 hours of savage, no refs, no exploits not dramas - the way savage is meant to be, hopefully element died Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:22 pm
Telvek
Newbie poster

bullet wrote:
Other referees opinion on this would be interesting to hear aswell.

Trigardon wrote:
JmZ does not care.

Due to this fact, it is simply obsolete to say what I think about this.

Furthermore, I fear my trial phase will be extended again if I criticize other refs in public^^

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:09 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81292617/Savage/Mite-anvale-03.11.2017-1.demo

Kicked without a reason and slayed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:37 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

Telvek wrote:
bullet wrote:

Trigardon wrote:
JmZ does not care.

Furthermore, I fear my trial phase will be extended again if I criticize other refs in public^^

Yes, atm refs vote for refs, so abusive retard refs like lement get a say in who becomes a new ref. It's not a very good system.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:38 pm
Trigardon
Newbie poster

djinghis wrote:
Telvek wrote:
bullet wrote:

Trigardon wrote:
JmZ does not care.

Yes, atm refs vote for refs, so abusive retard refs like lement get a say in who becomes a new ref. It's not a very good system.

You were crying about how I handle things and now you cry about how Pulse handles things. Fool.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:40 pm
eLeMenT
Newbie poster

Sorry I thought it was way past your bed time and wanted to help you out <3

PS: It was apparently really happy and peaceful without me. According to Blade you were exploiting while there was no one around to see you... Happy times!

Here's some lyrics for you:

You told me you loved me
Why did you leave me, all alone
Now you tell me you need me
When you call me, on the phone
Girl I refuse, you must have me confused
With some other guy
Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn
To cry, cry me a river
Cry me a river-er
Cry me a river
Cry me a river-er, yea yea

lel go sleep

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:43 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

Embering on a fence is not exploiting, and Blade wouldn't know an exploit from his block macros. But enjoy ref until jmz boots you. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:46 pm
eLeMenT
Newbie poster

In all honesty I just felt like kicking you, would've done it without his exploit comment. Abuse can go both ways!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:50 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
bullet
Newbie poster

Today, chocke fixed. Pretty crowded server

eLement plays in t1. achiles is comm.

T1 is struggling, and we're short on stone. T2 got map domincance and we cant really get out of the base.

element gets demoted by achiles for some reason. eLemenT starts raging, and teamswitches to t2 because he dont get buffs anymore (like rest of t1 who is non-officers). People react, because teamswitch is not cool, and against the rules. People try to kick Element. Element ref-stops every kick vote against him. Element mutes shapeshifter because critisicm. Un-mutes him shortly after. Shape insults element, gets muted again. I call a kick vote and gets muted, without reason (just like shape got first).

Pls, get rid of this troll referee from community. Jmz, get your shit together, I know you and element are pals, but seriously, this gotta stop.

Demo of the event:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1gpTwfEsdA_eENBT3FWcTIwelE/view?usp=sharing

In the next game, on watershipdown, there was an discussion in the spec chat with achiles, me and Element about the issue. I personally noticed the guy simply think he is above the rules, and that rules dont apply to him, and he cannot be kicked. This is absurd:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1gpTwfEsdA_ekZWOGt1UkFMOTQ/view?usp=sharing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:54 pm
JmZ
Newbie poster

I've been away a month or two, so sorry for the lack of responses and what not.

The things mentioned in this thread are being discussed with all the refs. Much of the complaints are disagreements or misunderstandings of the reasons. Either way, sorry for any trouble caused, hopefully we can all work towards being more constructive and better together.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:25 pm
bullet
Newbie poster

Here is another one:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1gpTwfEsdA_Zm9VUmpNUWRRVms?usp=sharing

was late in evening, few ppl online.

xr_rpgsummer was loaded

Element used his ref-powers to go to another map
When confronted, he stated ppl didnt want to play 4-team map with so few players. I ask him "how can you know what people want to play"?
The next map loaded was ts_mini (oneway map, 2 teams). In the warmup of this map, someone calls a vote for ts_farwest2.

And guess what?

People wanted to play a 4t map.

Take notes: element refuses to admit his mistake also here , and whatever abuse the guy does, he just calls it "drama", because he doesnt have any real proper defense for his abuses.

And for the record, im gonna keep posting abuses by him until he gets removed from referee. This isnt how a referee should behave, and the guy simply dont take critisism (seriously, i know he tried to make a pun of it, but watch the chat on warshipdown_2 (my post over jmz reply).

edit: the guy is also apparently not able to learn from mistakes either, as he show little to no regret in most cases, unless jmz is present to "negotiate".

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:15 pm
Gridfon
Newbie poster

JmZ wrote:
I've been away a month or two, so sorry for the lack of responses and what not.

Considering your schedule, I think you should reassess whether you are capable of hosting a server all by yourself.

Before you came over to EU, the servers had a working system (however lackluster it was) to handle feedback and resolve conflicts. You claimed to bring good changes, but this far you only brought a dysfunctional system. You also harmed the other servers' ref system (as much as your own, this works both ways) by effectively discouraging people from applying for a ref on server X because half of the time the games happen on server Y anyway.

You are already using Groentjuh's server rules and Groentjuh's server forums. What about making the next logical step? Give up your role in ref management.
Either delegate the management of your ref system to Groentjuh. Or work with Groentjuh to appoint someone who can act somewhat independent and unbiased (e.g. Stringer) to manage the refs of all servers in a unified manner.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:22 am
Trigardon
Newbie poster

What Gridfon is saying basically is a good step in the right direction. Referee Applications remain unanswered and so are most ref complaints.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:55 am
Page 2 of 3 [32 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Jump to: