Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:36 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Improvements for a better community
Moderators: Pulse's moderators
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
bullet
Newbie poster

Improvements for a better community
Actions which can be taken to improve community

Hey. This mess needs cleanup.

Some suggestions which can drastically improve the community, and how disputes in the community in general is handled:

- One or more forum moderators. Not a referee. Neutral. Moderates this forum

- Forum rules and general format (layout) for complaints. Complaints which doesnt follow format gets ignored. Insults in complaints and off-topic sarcarsm in complaints, result in complaint getting ignored.

- Replies from anyone regarding complaints which attempts to discourse and put the discussion off the tracks, gets deleted. Referees which does such in a discussion, their opinion on the complaint no longer matter. Behave nice, and its no problem.

- Subsections for complaints, map-related stuff and finally, the referee applications.

- More active server admins, and more actions against referees.

- Entirely re-worked ruleset , with some map specific rules aswell (one-way maps for instance are in general receiving more "behecamping" due to their nature of design.

Finally, I would also like to add that I wish this community to grow and become bigger, not smaller anymore. It's sadly my impression that this server (Pulse) get alot more complaints on referees in general, than what the other server Groentjuh's does (if you look at number of complaints the past year, and compare it with any one-year periode on groentjuh, you will see the same).

The fact (yes, I call it a fact), that this server gets more complaint points to a problem with the referees, the consistency of how the rules are enforced between them and how they are "recruited".

The lack of interest in solving these problems from referees in general, and aswell- jmz, also indicate the scale of the challenge.

I challenge jmz and the referees to take action and actually try to improve, because currently there is no doubt Groentjuh's server beats Pulse any day, in terms of organization and general,consistent enforcement of rules from the referees. Some of the things I have mentioned is quite easy to fix (ask groentjuh for subforums for instance - finding some non-referees to moderate here shouldnt be too hard either).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:03 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Telvek
Newbie poster

I absolutely agree.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:50 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
The Raging Asparagus
Newbie poster

I challenge JMZ as first step to take SOMA's ref rights hence making the ref level much better in 1 small step.

Let's be honest though..
nobody cares about this forum.
nobody cares about the shit refs.
nobody cares about the complaints.

we are 3-4 "active" members here.. raising issues with ourselves and answer to one another.. this is not affective.
None of my SOMA complaints had been answered.
Trig's complaint was not answered.
Telvek's request for clarification from SOMA wasn't answered.

NOBODY GIVES A DAMN.

I hope this will be my last message in this forum.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:36 pm
djinghis
Newbie poster

^ I've never seen SOMA abuse but 2 occasions he make a bad call, but I haven't seen him in months so it looks like hes quit anyway. And Bullet, I think you're missing something vital to your suggestion here, and that is - people pulling the strings around here and newerth are idiots, no use sugar coating it. So idiots recruiting idiots that make idiotic decisions - it's an endless cycle of idocracy. That's why many thousands of ppl who left savage due to XR had hoped Savage resurrection would break the cycle, but unfortunately the game was just rubbish.

Only way to do it is get your own server in all honesty, and servers are cheap as piss in Europe, and up a pre-made forum site to deal with these matters - forums sites are free excepting some small ads.

Ultimately not having refs at all should be a goal for developers, and it's amazing how simple some of the fixes are in savage to prevent the whole shit show we have to contend with every day (not just exploiting). But ofc savage is locked out to the public and Daemon isn't letting anyone in, so Savage is ruined by him and s2games - well done.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:53 am
bullet
Newbie poster

Djinghis wrote:
Quote:
Insult, off-topic insults and more useless insults

Your opinion is not valued when you put so many insults towards people in your "argumentation". If you cannot argue like an adult in your opinions, do not speak. The fact that you are doing exsactly some of the things I mentioned initiallyin the thread which are are toxic in the community, as a reply to this thread, makes my point even more valid. /ignored

Basically, you're not fit to take part in this discussion.
----------------------------------------------------------------

On topic:

As you can see, its impossible to have rational and proper discussions regarding things which people disagree about, if there is insults all over the argumentation. This is not a complaint on a specific referee, but on the system itself,. Sadly, like other referee-specific complaints, also this thread gets quickly off-topic when insults are thrown around. Which once again, demonstrates my point in the need of one or more moderator, which are not a referee, on Pulse's part of the forum.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:02 pm
Daemon
Newbie poster

djinghis wrote:
Daemon isn't letting anyone in

Crashday applied for XR Coder in february, got 9 F1s from newerth council (which is deciding this stuff, unlike Daemon), and in a matter of weeks he's successfully done visual improvements the likes of which biggeruniverse failed with years at his disposal.

Natsu, in all his messiah-syndrome sufferer glory, among curses and swears, asked DJ directly for the keys to XR so he may change it at will, believing he and he alone was a godsend, and was promptly denied on accounts of unstable personality.

See who's XR locked to, why, and by whom? Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:24 pm
bullet
Newbie poster

This is not a topic about XR developement team. Daemon, please dont bother replying to djinghis, you're not helping this thread with that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:51 pm
Groentjuh
Site Admin

Location: World > Europe > Benelux > The Netherlands > The hague
djinghis wrote:
And Bullet, I think you're missing something vital to your suggestion here, and that is - people pulling the strings around here and newerth are idiots, no use sugar coating it. So idiots recruiting idiots that make idiotic decisions - it's an endless cycle of idocracy.

Bullet is right pointing out this issue here! If JmZ would want moderation on his part of the board he actually needs to set that up himself! Newerth staff has nothing to say here. If Daemon had something to say here, you would be banned for example.

On this part of the board JmZ has pretty much all the power he needs. I won't question him would he want a sub-forum or another user-group to allow moderation of his part of the forum.

Currently all moderators on this part of the forum are: All users, which are part of the following user-groups:
- Pulse's administrators (so: JmZ)
I would have no issue to setup the user-group "Pulse's moderators", which can moderator this part of the board.

djinghis wrote:
Only way to do it is get your own server in all honesty, and servers are cheap as piss in Europe, and up a pre-made forum site to deal with these matters - forums sites are free excepting some small ads.
I've told you before, Djinghis, please setup all your own services. That way you do not need to get yourself involve in matters you are not involved in. Nor would you have to work with anything Newerth does.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:09 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
  Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Daemon
Newbie poster

bullet wrote:
This is not a topic about XR developement team. Daemon, please dont bother replying to djinghis, you're not helping this thread with that.

Albeit rare, it's one of life's guilty pleasures Smile. But OK!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:45 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

bullet aka madmod. I think despite your insane rambling and stupid suggestions in the thousands to s2games regarding savage resurrection, you're a nice bloke. But you don't understand a lot of things about the emotional disgrace of an individual who was put in charge of XR - it all stems from [stike]him[/strike]it. You can moderate a forum like a douchbag until the cows come home, but it's never going to fix savage and the mess daemon left it in.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:00 pm
Trigardon
Newbie poster

Banning djinghis will be the solution.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:58 am
djinghis
Newbie poster

bullet wrote:

Hes not helping savage generally either, from someone who never plays savage and only want to add warcraft shit to ruin the game says it all.

take your glider and fly way daemon lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:09 pm
bullet
Newbie poster

Its been 3 months since this post, and 3 months since you was away for some time JMZ. Are you busy, or are you active as usual ? I wanted to hear your opinion on these suggestions.

I would like to hear your opinion on my suggestions - as I (and many other here) think they are a good start for improving the connection and relation between referees and the community.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:31 pm
JmZ
Newbie poster

hi bullet! currently reading this.

will edit my post soon, its a lot to get through.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:04 pm
JmZ
Newbie poster

ok cool.

ill work on some of those points this weekend, bullet. you make some good ones, and a few will help me a lot with dealing with any complaints too.

unfortunately, a lot of posts grow to the size of a book. if people were more concise and simple, it would help a lot to move ahead faster with everything.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:35 pm
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Jump to: