Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:43 am
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Re: Re: April Changes & Concerns about Element as a referee
Moderators: Pulse's moderators
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
Gridfon
Newbie poster

Re: Re: April Changes & Concerns about Element as a referee

I am not satisfied with your response, JmZ. But let me focus on the key points. I hope you can give clear answers instead of evading my questions. Sorry for creating a new topic, someone keeps locking all of them. Smile

JmZ wrote:
In future, every application will be responded to with the result.

Ok, I see some progress. Are you going to change anything to significantly speed up the processing of referee applications? What has been done to achieve this? (The extremely long referee applications predate your period of inactivity, so it is clearly not the only problem here.)

JmZ wrote:
What we discuss internally shouldn't always be public knowledge, however I do realise you forum-regulars don't really have a response to any of it other than "a discussion was held".
That is why rather than quoting long internal discussions, you have to make sure that a short and clear final decision is posted in every referee complaint topic. Can you guarantee that every referee complaint gets a timely public post with a decision from now on?

Brad Troika made a good point about "visible and (somewhat) transparent way of handling things that would show us that complaints are taken seriously". But it's much more than that. As drk pointed out, one can't mention all cases in the rules. Many referee complaints concern grey areas, the cases that are not explicitly covered by the rules. The main goal of these complaints is not about making a referee resign. It is all about setting expectations; there are things that could be done better both by the person complaining and by the ref. It is your job (together with refs) to identify and clearly summarize what went wrong on both sides, and how these situations should be treated in the future. JmZ, are you capable of doing that?

JmZ wrote:
If you want to know more about a specific decision/discussion, find me in-game.

Please do not encourage people to move any ref-related discussion into a real-time chat. The in-game chat is a bad medium for any organizational stuff. Speaking with too many people at the same time quickly derails any topic. It is nearly impossible to hold each other accountable for whatever was said (or meant) just 5 minutes ago. And just about any ref in-game will tell you this. So please don't go a full circle, and drag the discussion back online. It will only help if you genuinely want to evade all uncomfortable questions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:37 am
Last edited by Gridfon on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:31 am; edited 2 times in total
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

I understand your indefatigable persistence in the matter of Pulse server management or that their lack of Gridfon, But lets not forget it's a provided service asking nothing in return. But more importantly, it's one of 2 reasonably consistently reliable servers, the other having stupid server settings nobody likes. So it's not difficult that this free service with volunteers managing it that are "gamers" are just taking the piss out of anyone who has a complaint no matter how severe, they would all sit around with popcorn and read out abuse threads on their skype channel and laugh it up loud.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think this considering how many issues have been raised against 3 of the main instigators of abuse on this new server, and nothing has been done/solved - just the same old "ok ok stop laughing guys, I got to give a serious response to these r-tards".
In a way the expected interruptions of patch 1.3 and the buggy nature of XR's half arsed development will throw some interesting rule interpretations around with the rape of classic savage game mechanics, so we should see what refs and indeed admins are made of in the next few.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:39 am
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
JmZ
Newbie poster

# Ref applications

Yes. Ref applications didn't get the attention they should have, now they will.

# Abuse responses

Not all complaints are valid, many are resolved outside of the forum with the people who raised them. So no, of course not all will receive some public explanation/response.

For the ones which are valid, the thread will be responded to (and more often from now on, closed, to avoid the inevitable offtopic posts).

# Ref discussion into real-time chat

Not everything deserves a forum post, some things are up for discussion by only one or two people. In these cases, they are better to talk to me than take people out of the game for a lengthy forum discussion.

We are here to play Savage.

If you want to know more, find me in-game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:56 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Jump to: