Groentjuh's Server Forum Index Groentjuh's Server
 Forums of Groentjuh's server 
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DownloadsDownloads 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 pm
All times are UTC + 0
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
Calendar
djargon
March 30 1988 (36 year old)

Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
3xRe: April Changes & Concerns about Element as a referee
Moderators: Pulse's moderators
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Gridfon
Newbie poster

3xRe: April Changes & Concerns about Element as a referee

JmZ wrote:
Not all complaints are valid, many are resolved outside of the forum with the people who raised them. So no, of course not all will receive some public explanation/response.

For the ones which are valid, the thread will be responded to (and more often from now on, closed, to avoid the inevitable offtopic posts).

I'm not sure how to interpret some of your claims, since we operate with vague or ambiguous wording.

There are rare "complaints" from people like Kenway, complaining that he gets kicked for exploiting; these are not valid.
There are occasional complaints without demos attached; these are most often not valid either.
The above types of complaints most often do not need a response. But any complaints that are not trivially invalid - should get a response.

The lack of transparency with the valid complaints can only lead to bigger push-back. Most often I have a clear opinion on what happened and what/who is wrong regarding the complaints that get posted. It can stem from anything as little as knowing how a specific rule was applied for the past X years, or from as much as having one more demo of the conflict. But most often I also avoid posting in the complaint topics because I don't think I can contribute with anything that would otherwise escape the attention of multiple players and refs who will be discussing it regardless. In the worst case, the final response from an admin would help us to clarify any possible misunderstanding.

If there is no guarantee that the response will be posted on all complaints that look somewhat reasonable, it will only encourage players to preemptively post our feedback in all complaints that are important to us (rather than just wait for a response that may never come).

You also mentioned that complaint topics will get closed more often now. Sure, a locked thread is a good way to avoid off-topic and flaming. But just to be clear, I don't think it's a good way to avoid discussion; a more constructive type of discussion. As long as there is still something non-trivial to be said, it could just result in a new thread being created to finish the discussion on the same topic.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:34 am
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
JmZ
Newbie poster

Yes, exactly, non-trivial and valid complaints will be responded to (unless there's some per-case exception of course).

Locking will be done mostly when the situation has been resolved or when a topic has gone off-topic too much.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:35 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

Can you check your logs 1:10:00 - 1:20:00 PM Thursday 25th May 2017 (GMT), I think Element is teleporting me micro distances using python binds causing lag during games. thanks

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:20 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
djinghis
Newbie poster

PS, he's been caught doing this before and admitted to it, but obv it's abuse and needs to stop if it is him.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:22 pm
eLeMenT
Newbie poster

Please do, I'll provide tin foil hats Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:20 pm
  View user's profile Send private message    Mark this post and the followings unread Back to top 
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topicMark the topic unreadView next topic
 Forum index » General Discussion » Pulse's Server Forums
Jump to: